Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 149 of 149

Thread: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

  1. #126
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    1,955

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    If Chris Paul goes to the Knicks. does this mean the Pacers could be in the mix even more for Tony Parker next summer?

  2. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Chris Paul goes to the Knicks. does this mean the Pacers could be in the mix even more for Tony Parker next summer?
    no, it means that we are going to suck even more for a long time.

  3. #128
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again your argument does not hold any ground, The Trail Blazers are a good team because they were really bad for a long time getting top draft picks, that is how they got Oden,Aldridge,Roy,etc,etc.

    They decided long time ago that been in purgatory(like the pacers) was going to take them longer to rebuild the team and traded most of their long contracts for draft picks and expiring contracts even if that meant losing more games.(I been advocating for this in a long time)

    Chris Paul wants to go to a "winning team", Trail Blazers, Orlando and New York many years ago were in the same place the Pacers are right now, the only difference is that they were smart enough to let it be and not win meaningless games.
    I think the Pacers are starting to get there. They've made some good trades with eyes towards the future. Granger, Roy, and Rush (to an extent) were good pieces. Last year they took a gamble on Hansbrough and AJ and I still think it was a good decision but time will tell. This summer I really like the 3 guys they drafted.

    The Pacers have 8 young and talented players to build around. You have to figure that half of them will pan out. Even Portland drafted many players that didn't pan out before becoming viable again, Sebastian Telfair, Qyntel Woods, Travis Outlaw and Martell Webster imediately come to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  5. #129
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,284

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but how do you think Felton feels now. Not too many teams wanted him(just about only NY). Now New York is going after CP3. New has stated that they will give anyone on their rosters besides A'mare to get CP3. If they get him Felton will be riding the pine. They can't even trade him until December, right?

  6. #130
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Pacers are starting to get there. They've made some good trades with eyes towards the future. Granger, Roy, and Rush (to an extent) were good pieces. Last year they took a gamble on Hansbrough and AJ and I still think it was a good decision but time will tell. This summer I really like the 3 guys they drafted.

    The Pacers have 8 young and talented players to build around. You have to figure that half of them will pan out. Even Portland drafted many players that didn't pan out before becoming viable again, Sebastian Telfair, Qyntel Woods, Travis Outlaw and Martell Webster imediately come to mind.
    Yeah, its going to take a while to accumulate "enough" assets but they are getting there.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  7. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but how do you think Felton feels now. Not too many teams wanted him(just about only NY). Now New York is going after CP3. New has stated that they will give anyone on their rosters besides A'mare to get CP3. If they get him Felton will be riding the pine. They can't even trade him until December, right?
    I don't think New york has the pieces to get him, another thing that people forget is Donnie Walsh and how loyal he is, he gave Felton his word by signing him.


    And to answer your question, you are right Felton can't be traded until december.

  8. #132

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers have 8 young and talented players to build around. You have to figure that half of them will pan out. Even Portland drafted many players that didn't pan out before becoming viable again, Sebastian Telfair, Qyntel Woods, Travis Outlaw and Martell Webster imediately come to mind.
    Its no use convincing people if they don't want to be convinced, ie JOB. I also would put Oden on that list....

    You can turn into a winning team both ways (draft or FA) and back to Unclebucks point which was not addressed at all IMO.

    If we start winning then we will have a better shot at landing a FA. I am not saying superstar talent but a decent FA. I mean if Lebron can't convince Chris Bosh to come to Cleveland then what do you expect the Pacers to do? IT would be nice if Paul wanted to come to the Pacers but he doesn't seem loyal at all. Seriously one bad season and he wants to bail and you want that guy on your team?

  9. #133
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,942

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    I don't see how Felton would remain in NY if CP3 went there. If the Knicks are close to the SalaryCap...I don't see how the Hornets get back a Trade Exception in any trade between the Knicks and the Hornets.

    Hmmm..maybe those Expiring Contracts of ours maybe useful after all

    How much did Felton get?

    I thought some $24 mil over 3 years?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  10. #134
    Member Pacers2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    395

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    New york cant trade any of the FAs they signed until december and most of there team is FAs they signed. I think it is doubtful that knicks get something done by themselves.
    2012: Pacers return to glory

    Paul George All Day

  11. #135
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,284

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    This is really good article by Wojo. It talks about how LBJ and World Wide Wes have corrupted him. When he first came into the league he seemed to be a model citizen.
    If he gets his way, will he be the only one demanding trades and going to World Wide Wes for help? I doubt it.


    Paul bends to King James’ rule





    Chris Paul(notes) had come into the NBA with so much of Kevin Durant’s(notes) pureness of purpose: humble, grateful, still the kid who worked summers pumping gas and changing tires at his grandfather’s gas station in North Carolina. He constructed himself a reputation of values and character, and separated himself in all the best ways.
    He should stay on course to be his generation’s Tim Duncan(notes), but that no longer appeals to Paul. He’s veered the wrong way, into the wrong clutches. Bad enough that LeBron James(notes) damaged his own standing in the sport this summer, he wants to take down Chris Paul with him too.
    Other popular stories on Yahoo! Sports:





    Chris Paul has asked the Hornets to trade him because he doesn't think they're a contender.
    (NBAE/ Getty Images)

    James, his business manager Maverick Carter and powerbroker William Wesley have far too much influence over Paul’s career, and they’re running it right out of the sunshine and into darkness. They’re using Paul as a commodity to elevate their clout, to show how they can take a player with no contractual leverage and muscle him out of New Orleans.
    What they don’t care about – and maybe don’t understand – is that Paul built such a beautiful, unique relationship with the city of New Orleans. He’s been so truly invested there, a beacon and ambassador in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Yet, the James gang see these bonds as disposable and they’re convincing Paul of it, too.
    In a Twitter pronouncement on Thursday, King James declared, “Best of luck to my brother [Chris Paul] … Do what’s best for You and your family.”
    James was referencing Paul’s half-baked trade request that’s come through Worldwide Wes. Do what’s best for your family? Here’s an idea: What Paul ought to do is run away from James, Wesley, Carter and not stop moving until he’s returned to New Orleans and reaffirmed the obligations he’s made there. No, this isn’t a championship team, but a franchise player reveals himself in good times and bad.
    What’s best for Paul’s family is best for everyone’s family in the NBA. It needs James to restrict the polluting onto others of his own warped value system. James plays for the Miami Heat, but somehow he wants control of transactions elsewhere, too. He wants the building of these so-called super teams to protect his own legacy, to make it look like he isn’t the only superstar searching for the easy way to championships.
    Wesley has been running around for months trying to orchestrate a trade for Paul, and the packages he proposes are beyond comical. He doesn’t even know half the names of players on the rosters. CAA should take a long look in the mirror, and ask itself what kind of outfit it’s turned into with Wes running basketball operations.
    Wes is a full-service middleman now: players, coaches and general managers. He has long orchestrated deals for players and coaches, but through CAA he’s also in the GM business now. Worldwide Wes was responsible for Oklahoma City Thunder executive Rich Cho getting hired as the Portland Trail Blazers’ GM. Now, Portland is one more franchise under the impression that Wes can broker a trade for Paul.
    Before New Orleans hired Dell Demps as GM, Wes was asking people: Who is that guy? Now, Wesley and CAA will try to overrun the young, inexperienced Demps and coach Monty Williams with a trade demand. CAA does have a list of preferred teams, and Demps’ first act as GM should simply be to take the list and tear it up. Paul has two years left on his contract and no leverage unless the Hornets are foolish enough to relinquish it.
    Paul is a first-team All-NBA talent, and you don’t trade those players. All the proposed deals for him bring back the same thing for New Orleans: far less value. Five nickels don’t add up to a quarter in basketball trades.
    All this saga promises to do is cast Paul as an insolent star, and James’ group as the ultimate powerbrokers. Paul doesn’t want to hear this, but they’re preying on his insecurities. They’re using him.
    In Paul’s earliest days with Team USA, officials preferred Deron Williams(notes) to him because they believed Williams was far more his own man. No one liked the way Paul was so eager to follow James, Carmelo Anthony(notes) and Dwyane Wade(notes). These changes haven’t come overnight with Paul, but over time. James, Carter and Wesley embarked on a long, orchestrated campaign to work Paul over, unfasten him from past loyalties and trusts, and transform him into a creation of their own.
    And he’s let them, for no other reason than it seems Chris Paul believes this is somehow the path that will convince people that he belongs with the sport’s biggest stars. He could’ve stayed true to himself and elevated his standing, and now they’re dragging him down with them. Everyone else embraced Paul for an All-American image, for a wholesomeness, and it feels like he’s rejected it all now.

    Chris Paul doesn’t need LeBron and Maverick and Wes. They need him. For their operation, Paul represents credibility. He’s always been better than this, and he needs to be again. As much as ever, the NBA needs Chris Paul to be true to his upbringing and character. Commitment always mattered to him, and it still should with the Hornets.
    After all this bluster comes and goes this summer, and the Hornets don’t trade him, he still has to return to play there. All his brand new business partners have made that so much harder for him. He saved the NBA in New Orleans, and now it’s time he saves something else before it’s too late. His reputation, his good name.
    All the advice that Chris Paul has ever needed out of LeBron James came calling in less than 140 characters on Thursday. Do what’s best for you and your family. Before it’s too late, Chris Paul needs to think for himself and respond with the best move of a brilliant young career: Turn around, go home and leave King James and his court of jesters far, far behind.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...ulfuture072310
    Last edited by pacers74; 07-23-2010 at 06:34 PM.

  12. #136
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,397

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    I'm sorry, but Wojnarowski's entire moral/ethical/righteous criticism about superstars is getting tired. Actually, it's getting beyond tired.. I'm now more sick of his articles discussing this issue than I am of Lebron's 1 hour "Decision" special on ESPN.

    Let's get it straight right now: Nobody in the league is obligated to play for a team that is either incompetent or not committed to winning. Chris Paul doesn't owe anything to the Hornets. I don't know where Wojnarowski got this idea that a player should stick with the team he's on no matter what in order to uphold someone else's moral values. You can pretty clearly see the Hornets are currently going nowhere fast and they're going to waste Paul's prime years.

  13. #137
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,650

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry, but Wojnarowski's entire moral/ethical/righteous criticism about superstars is getting tired. Actually, it's getting beyond tired.. I'm now more sick of his articles discussing this issue than I am of Lebron's 1 hour "Decision" special on ESPN.

    Let's get it straight right now: Nobody in the league is obligated to play for a team that is either incompetent or not committed to winning. Chris Paul doesn't owe anything to the Hornets. I don't know where Wojnarowski got this idea that a player should stick with the team he's on no matter what in order to uphold someone else's moral values. You can pretty clearly see the Hornets are currently going nowhere fast and they're going to waste Paul's prime years.
    So now we've shifted the bar such that it isn't just OK to leave when your contract is up, it's OK to bail on a team because one year out of the last three was a losing season.

    Where does it end? Renegotiation after a playoff loss? Contract void after a losing streak of more than 3 games? Change teams because the coach asked you to show up for practice?

    Fans have to be loyal to teams or the teams won't survive, but they won't have a thing to be loyal to if the personnel change every 6 weeks. Oh, well, unless they spend 50 times their revenue to get the best players, of course, then people will complain because nosebleed seats are $500.

    Basically, it looks like as far as most of these players are concerned they want $15 mil per without any strings or responsibilities and with the chance to change teams and play with someone else as soon as the going gets hard.

    It pains me to say that the NBA is becoming just another TV reality show, not a league of sports teams. Once everyone has gravitated to the top 5 or 6 teams, what is left? Oh, that's right, we're stupid to care because it's all a business and the fans don't do anything to help make it viable so they don't matter.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  15. #138

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Paul doesn't owe anything to the Hornets.
    Doesn't he owe it to NO to fullfill his contract? I don't necessarily have a problem with him wanting out of an apparently bad situation with current ownership, but there are ways to handle it. Giving a short list of acceptable teams is not one of them. CP3 is likely only one actual season of basketball from being able to move on. It's a d#%* move IMO to screw NO by limiting their options to this degree. The same way the "decision" was a d@#$ move by LBJ. Isn't it entirely possible that CP3 and LBJ are getting bad advise from people that don't have their best interests in mind? I'd certainly say the LBJs reputation has taken a hit and I doubt CP3s is far behind. Is it there right to do what thy've done? Certainly. But just because you can doesn't mean you should. I'm one who rarely sees things this way, but, IMO, this is classic spoiled athlete. CP3 is unhappy so he's taking his ball and going home.
    Last edited by rm1369; 07-23-2010 at 08:08 PM.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:


  17. #139
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a d#%* move IMO to screw NO by limiting their options to this degree.
    So it's less of a d*%* move to leave as a free agent and leave them with nothing?

  18. #140
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,592

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Just an update on the story and it's about what anyone would expect. The only way I could see a team willing to take on Okafor would be if CP agreed to an extension.


    http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...any_paul_deal/

    If the Hornets are going to trade All-Star point guard Chris Paul, they reportedly want teams to take on the contract of Emeka Okafor.

    Okafor's contract has four years and $52 million left on it.

    The second overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, Okafor has career averages of 13.3 points, 10.3 rebounds and 1.8 blocks.



    Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz0uYOp3CTT

  19. #141
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,214

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    The arguments that he's owes it to the team to fulfill his contract will make sense we he stops doing so, but he has not broken contract.

    If he holds out practices, refuses to play if he's still on the roster, then fine, you guys have a point. Right now he's done nothing but express his desire to not have to continue his contract with NO. Doesn't mean he won't do it. If they don't trade him I'm pretty confident he'll play for them, just as he's contractually obligated to do.

  20. #142

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So it's less of a d*%* move to leave as a free agent and leave them with nothing?
    To pretend you may resign when you have absolutly no intention of doing so? Yes, D$&@ move. Expressing to ownership that you are unhappy and likely will not re-sign, but fullfilling your contract to the best of your ability is, IMO, the best way to handle an unfortunate situation. Not demanding a trade and providing a list of acceptable teams, some of whom have nearly nothing of significant value to offer in return.

  21. #143

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The arguments that he's owes it to the team to fulfill his contract will make sense we he stops doing so, but he has not broken contract.

    If he holds out practices, refuses to play if he's still on the roster, then fine, you guys have a point. Right now he's done nothing but express his desire to not have to continue his contract with NO. Doesn't mean he won't do it. If they don't trade him I'm pretty confident he'll play for them, just as he's contractually obligated to do.
    I suppose you are right. What he is currently doing is more akin to Vince Carter dogging it until his trade value was extemely diminished. However you want to look at it CP3 is screwing NO. Similiar to LBJ, it is not that he's leaving it's the manner in which he is doing so.

  22. #144
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,397

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So now we've shifted the bar such that it isn't just OK to leave when your contract is up, it's OK to bail on a team because one year out of the last three was a losing season.

    Where does it end? Renegotiation after a playoff loss? Contract void after a losing streak of more than 3 games? Change teams because the coach asked you to show up for practice?

    Fans have to be loyal to teams or the teams won't survive, but they won't have a thing to be loyal to if the personnel change every 6 weeks. Oh, well, unless they spend 50 times their revenue to get the best players, of course, then people will complain because nosebleed seats are $500.

    Basically, it looks like as far as most of these players are concerned they want $15 mil per without any strings or responsibilities and with the chance to change teams and play with someone else as soon as the going gets hard.

    It pains me to say that the NBA is becoming just another TV reality show, not a league of sports teams. Once everyone has gravitated to the top 5 or 6 teams, what is left? Oh, that's right, we're stupid to care because it's all a business and the fans don't do anything to help make it viable so they don't matter.
    If Paul privately tells N.O that he's not going to re-sign in two years, that's not leaving before his contract is up. The CBA doesn't allow anyone to leave before their contract is up. I haven't seen Paul or Lebron or anyone else trying to circumvent the CBA.

    Tim Kawakami (Warriors beat writer) was talking about the value of good ownership and how it affects NBA competition. He said it right: Running a pro sports organization is about out thinking and out planning your opponents. It's not just competition on the court. It's competition between front offices and ownership. They're competing just like the players.

    The teams that out think, out plan and out maneuver others are going to be the successful ones and the ones that players want to play for. The ones that do a poor job are the ones that players are going to want out of. When a player wants out of a poorly run organization like the Warriors, for example, nobody questions why they want out or why they aren't showing more loyalty.

    So when Pat Riley hatched his evil genius idea 3 years ago, he out planned and out maneuvered other teams. He beat other front offices the same way Kobe Bryant beats opposing players on the floor. He beat the Cavs (among others). He proved he was smarter, had a better plan offered a more desirable place to play with a better chance of success. It's not just about player loyalty. It's about what teams prove they know how to build something successful. That's a game within itself and Pat Riley beat everyone at it. Now it looks like Donnie Walsh wants to get in on this game as well.
    Last edited by d_c; 07-23-2010 at 08:27 PM.

  23. #145
    Member Il Ragionier Ugo Fantozzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sicily
    Posts
    366

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    The Orlando Magic have replaced the New York Knicks as the top team on Chris Paul's list of preferred destinations, according to league sources.

    Paul believes the Magic, with Dwight Howard, would be a better fit for him. Also, Paul realizes the Magic have more to offer New Orleans in a trade and therefore views it as a more realistic landing spot.

    New York, Portland and Dallas are still all on Paul's short list.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...e=NBAHeadlines
    Oldness comes with a smile
    To every love given child
    Oldness comes to rile
    The youth who dream suicide



  24. #146
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,088

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    I'd much rather take on Okafor's contract for CP3, then for Collison. Chris Paul for 2 years is the scary thing b/c Okafor has 4 years left.

    You either get Paul to sign extension, or you weaken your offer if you have to take back Okafor and Paul won't sign extension. You still get an all-star PG for 2 years, if it's apparent he wants to leave after that you can probably get top value for him to be traded to another team, or at least get a trade exception like the Cavs and Raptors did in the Heat deals.

    We need to all get on his twitter or something and get him to think about Indiana. lol

  25. #147
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd much rather take on Okafor's contract for CP3, then for Collison. Chris Paul for 2 years is the scary thing b/c Okafor has 4 years left.

    You either get Paul to sign extension, or you weaken your offer if you have to take back Okafor and Paul won't sign extension.
    A 2 yr extention would give the same FA yr. as LeBron/Wade/Bosh!
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  26. #148
    Member Pacers2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    395

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A 2 yr extention would give the same FA yr. as LeBron/Wade/Bosh!
    If miami wins a title or 2 they will mostly all sign extentions
    2012: Pacers return to glory

    Paul George All Day

  27. #149
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers2012 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If ...
    -Beyond the top 3 they are weak. 1 injury could really hurt them.
    -I've watch LeBron quit 2 yrs in a row (w/ a team w/ the best record!).
    -Ego's kill teams. Will they survive, esp if they struggle in the post season?
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Similar Threads

  1. Chris Paul: Returning to New OrleansHornets is right thing to do [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 06:10 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 05:50 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
  4. More funny stuff from Paul Shirley
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 03:55 PM
  5. Complete Game 2 Coverage From The Detroit News & Detroit Free Press
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 11:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •