Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

Default Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NBA&id=1115

Chris Paul, according to Ken Berger of CBS, hopes to have played his last game for the Hornets and has set into motion a plan to be traded by the start of the upcoming season.

His teams of choice are said to be the Knicks, Lakers and Magic, and people close to him have said he has played his last game for the Hornets. A trade to the Lakers would be disastrous for Paul's fantasy value, while a move to the Magic is probably not ideal, either. But if Paul could land in New York this fall, he could have one of the biggest fantasy seasons we've ever seen from a point guard. Paul recently signed with LeBron James' marketing company, LRMR, which also fuels speculation that he will fight his way out of New Orleans, despite having two years left on his contract. Stay tuned.

Source: CBSsports.com

Wow.

WOW.

I will always hate the Knicks with the white hot intensity of a thousand, thousand suns, but the thought of an Amare/Paul tandem? Hmmm...

Thing is, Eddy Curry is eating up FORTY PERCENT of the KNicks team salary right now, BUT his contract ends this season. If the Hornets are so big on dumping salary, which is how they appear to have set themselves on the path to losing CP, how attractive is Curry's contract to them?

I hope this plays out cause this is going to be fascinating.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

Great, here comes the 2494020289 threads about how we should get him. As if it wasn't bad enough already.

I don't see it happening. Hopefully most people see that as well. Here's to praying.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We should get Chris Paul.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should get Chris Paul.
    I hate you.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Well, think of it this way. There won't be any Collison threads anymore.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

i didnt see the pacers on his list of teams he wants to go to. Does he have any say in where he is traded though?
    2012: Pacers return to glory

Paul George All Day

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Red face Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

Bird has a dream...
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Now everybody wanna play for the Knicks, Lakers and Magic? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Yup. And of course most of them will have some pie-in-the-sky way
    we can snag Paul WITHOUT including Granger in the deal.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hillman's 'Fro' For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Well, I would offer Dahntay and Murph or Dun, or maybe McBob, but he had a pretty good summer shooting the ball.

Everyone else is untouchable.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

If Paul were traded to the Pacers he would pull a 'Zo and refuse to report, I think.

Please not the Knicks or Lakers...

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers2012 View Post
    i didnt see the pacers on his list of teams he wants to go to. Does he have any say in where he is traded though?
    No and yes.

Technically the team can trade him to whoever they want. But because he's got a contract ending relatively soon, he can say he won't re-sign with a team other than those three.

Also, if he plays his cards right with Hornets management, they might trade him to one of those places as a personal favor. That's only likely if the deals are similar, though.

Knicks/Lakers/Magic, huh? The Lakers have the pieces but he's not what they need in a PG. The Knicks? We can outbid them, no problem. Same with the Magic.

I hope Larry is ALL OVER that.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

if he goes to the knicks then it will just be that much sweeter when we knock them out of the playoffs in 2012 or any other year after that.

Paul George All Day

I'd be willing to take on Okafor's toxic contract for a shot at Paul. None of the other teams are able to do that.

Unless Paul flat-out refuses to play for us, this really could happen.

EDIT: Build the trade around Paul/Okafor for Trophy/Ford. After that, offer anything that's not nailed down (i.e., Granger or Hibbert). Picks? Brandon? Tyler/Mac? Either Jones? Stephenson/Rolle? You name it you get it, Nawlins.
    Last edited by Anthem; 07-21-2010 at 10:08 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned

if he goes to the knicks then it will just be that much sweeter when we knock them out of the playoffs in 2012 or any other year after that.
    good luck with that

Another, I got my money, I want to play for a winner!

For a lot of people today their loyalty only goes as far as the outside edge of their skin.

The owners are going to have to start franchising players in the new CBA.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    good luck with that
    If you dont have faith in your team on any given day then you aint a true fan. thats the thing about being a fan. even if we are playing the lakers you got to believe they can win or what is the point of even cheering for them. or being a fan if you think they will lose against any team ranked higher then them in the playoffs.

Paul George All Day

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacers2012 For This Useful Post:

Magic might have the best package to offer if Jameer Nelson is involved, b/c they get another PG that can start right away. Can even throw in Vince Carter for "star power"

The Lakers I don't think would offer much. Bynum is probably the biggest piece, and he's had injury problems. Probably Odom too, but they'll keep Kobe and Gasol which are the most attractive pieces

The Knicks don't have anything to offer do they?

There's been plenty of rumors that the Bobcats will get Chris Paul w/ a package around Gerald Wallace.

I do think the Pacers could have a shot if the Hornets simply want young talent and cap space next year. Unfortunately Paul probably doesn't want to come here.

Though we'd likely be a playoff team if we're able to keep Granger

First of all, do we know anything about this Ken Berger guy? Any track record to speak of? This is all attributed to " a person with direct knowledge of his plans," which is pretty weak. Just one anonymous source. I'm sure he'd love to get out of that situation, but I just don't see how he can force the Hornet's hands on this one.

Do any of those teams have anything of value they'd be willing to send back?

Could you could see the Lakers parting with Odom or Bynum potentially? Not sure they would want to do that, it's certainly an upgrade in that Paul is a better all-around player than either of those guys, but they'd lose a bit of their identity as a big, long interior oriented team. Might be worth it, but its a big risk for a defending champion.

The Knicks could offer a Gallinari and Gallinari's expiring. What else do they have of value?

Orlando? Jameer Nelson, maybe Marcin Gortat, maybe JJ Reddick (although his contract is now BYC). Coupled with picks that's not a terrible package if you have no other choice. But very little cap relief to offer.

Edit: Pewee basically wrote the same post I did a few minutes before. Crap. I agree with Jalen Rose, you suck.

We have a chance, and I've been certain this would happen for about a year.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Hopeful thinking here, but two things that might pique CP's interest with Indy:

- Larry Legend at the helm. At least TPTB have some kind of connection to multiple rings.

- Reggie Miller's legacy. Indy has already had a great star, he was able to pull it off in this marketplace, and he was/is loved and respected.

New Orleans doesn't have anything like that, although you could argue Byron Scott brought a little of that while he was there.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

A trade to the Lakers would be disastrous for Paul's fantasy value, while a move to the Magic is probably not ideal, either. But if Paul could land in New York this fall, he could have one of the biggest fantasy seasons we've ever seen from a point guard.
    The absurdity of this article... focused on his fantasy basketball value!?!? Good greif.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Banned

If you dont have faith in your team on any given day then you aint a true fan. thats the thing about being a fan. even if we are playing the lakers you got to believe they can win or what is the point of even cheering for them. or being a fan if you think they will lose against any team ranked higher then them in the playoffs.
    If the Knicks have Paul and Amare there is not a combination of Pacers players that could beat that team.

One thing is to be a fan another one is to be realistic and please stop talking about the true fan crap.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There's a difference between being a fan and being down-right delusional.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Hopeful thinking here, but two things that might pique CP's interest with Indy:

- Larry Legend at the helm. At least TPTB have some kind of connection to multiple rings.

- Reggie Miller's legacy. Indy has already had a great star, he was able to pull it off in this marketplace, and he was/is loved and respected.

New Orleans doesn't have anything like that, although you could argue Byron Scott brought a little of that while he was there.
    Also, I could be off base here, but aren't CP and Granger pretty good friends? Vaguely remember reading an article about this a couple of years ago...