Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 149

Thread: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,389

    Default Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NBA&id=1115

    Chris Paul, according to Ken Berger of CBS, hopes to have played his last game for the Hornets and has set into motion a plan to be traded by the start of the upcoming season.

    His teams of choice are said to be the Knicks, Lakers and Magic, and people close to him have said he has played his last game for the Hornets. A trade to the Lakers would be disastrous for Paul's fantasy value, while a move to the Magic is probably not ideal, either. But if Paul could land in New York this fall, he could have one of the biggest fantasy seasons we've ever seen from a point guard. Paul recently signed with LeBron James' marketing company, LRMR, which also fuels speculation that he will fight his way out of New Orleans, despite having two years left on his contract. Stay tuned.

    Source: CBSsports.com



    Wow.

    WOW.

    I will always hate the Knicks with the white hot intensity of a thousand, thousand suns, but the thought of an Amare/Paul tandem? Hmmm...

    Thing is, Eddy Curry is eating up FORTY PERCENT of the KNicks team salary right now, BUT his contract ends this season. If the Hornets are so big on dumping salary, which is how they appear to have set themselves on the path to losing CP, how attractive is Curry's contract to them?

    I hope this plays out cause this is going to be fascinating.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Great, here comes the 2494020289 threads about how we should get him. As if it wasn't bad enough already.

    I don't see it happening. Hopefully most people see that as well. Here's to praying.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    We should get Chris Paul.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should get Chris Paul.
    I hate you.


  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Well, think of it this way. There won't be any Collison threads anymore.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Member Pacers2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    395

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    i didnt see the pacers on his list of teams he wants to go to. Does he have any say in where he is traded though?
    2012: Pacers return to glory

    Paul George All Day

  12. #7
    "I'm your huckleberry"
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    681

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Red face Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Bird has a dream...
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  13. #8

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Yup. And of course most of them will have some pie-in-the-sky way
    we can snag Paul WITHOUT including Granger in the deal.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hillman's 'Fro' For This Useful Post:


  15. #9

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Pass I wouldn't want him here anyways yes he's more talented than probably most of our roster but I don't see him ever winning a ring

  16. #10
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers2012 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i didnt see the pacers on his list of teams he wants to go to. Does he have any say in where he is traded though?
    No and yes.

    Technically the team can trade him to whoever they want. But because he's got a contract ending relatively soon, he can say he won't re-sign with a team other than those three.

    Also, if he plays his cards right with Hornets management, they might trade him to one of those places as a personal favor. That's only likely if the deals are similar, though.

    Knicks/Lakers/Magic, huh? The Lakers have the pieces but he's not what they need in a PG. The Knicks? We can outbid them, no problem. Same with the Magic.

    I hope Larry is ALL OVER that.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. #11
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Now everybody wanna play for the Knicks, Lakers and Magic? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  19. #12
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now everybody wanna play for the Knicks, Lakers and Magic? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!
    Why do players want to play for some small market teams, but not others. Why did some players want to play for the pacers back in the 90's, but not now.

    This is my main argument against those who want to tank seasons, for those who want to get bad to get good, for those who want to completely re-build. No free agent (for the most part) wants to come to a bad team. So that is why it is better to be a 42 win team than a 15 win team

  20. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do players want to play for some small market teams, but not others. Why did some players want to play for the pacers back in the 90's, but not now.

    This is my main argument against those who want to tank seasons, for those who want to get bad to get good, for those who want to completely re-build. No free agent (for the most part) wants to come to a bad team. So that is why it is better to be a 42 win team than a 15 win team
    So if your argument is true why the Pacers are not mention as one of the team he wants to go to? they haven't tank for all I know. Why New York is one of his choices if they been tanking forever and losing more games than the Pacers?

  21. #14
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if your argument is true why the Pacers are not mention as one of the team he wants to go to? they haven't tank for all I know. Why New York is one of his choices if they been tanking forever and losing more games than the Pacers?
    New York is New York. Difficult to compare the pacers to the Knicks.

    My point is free agents only want to go to either good teams or teams in large markets. Pacers will never be a large market, so the pacers need to get as good as they possibly can, and then they will have a better chance of attracting free agents.

  22. #15
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Well, I would offer Dahntay and Murph or Dun, or maybe McBob, but he had a pretty good summer shooting the ball.

    Everyone else is untouchable.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  24. #16
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I would offer Dahntay and Murph or Dun, or maybe McBob, but he had a pretty good summer shooting the ball.

    Everyone else is untouchable.
    I would offer Roy and Danny and throw in an expiring to get the Hornets attention.

    I mean are we serious about getting Paul or not.

    so you are hesitant about trading MBob because he shot pretty well in the summer league?

    My comments are assuming he'll be here more than 1 year
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-22-2010 at 09:51 AM.

  25. #17
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,202

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would offer Roy and Danny and throw in an expiring to get the Hornets attention.

    I mean are we serious about getting Paul or not.

    so you are hesitant about trading MBob because he shot pretty well in the summer league?

    My comments are assuming he'll be here more than 1 year
    I think Mckey was being sarcastic. However what you are proposing is not a good idea in
    my book. Why would Paul sign off on that deal? A gutted Pacer team?
    Are you being sarcastic?

    Send them expiring's and first rounders and we take Paul and Okafor. Then he might stay
    as that would be a team that could mature into a real contender.
    May still have to throw in a second tier player to get it done.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


  27. #18
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Mckey was being sarcastic. However what you are proposing is not a good idea in
    my book. Why would Paul sign off on that deal? A gutted Pacer team?
    Are you being sarcastic?

    Send them expiring's and first rounders and we take Paul and Okafor. Then he might stay
    as that would be a team that could mature into a real contender.
    May still have to throw in a second tier player to get it done.
    No not sarcastic. My point is I would be willing to give up Danny and Roy to get Paul. certainly if we can get him by giving up less, then I'm all for that.

  28. #19
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No not sarcastic. My point is I would be willing to give up Danny and Roy to get Paul. certainly if we can get him by giving up less, then I'm all for that.
    I would too.

    I've been on record for a while that I would trade in all seven Scrabble letters for Chris Paul.

    Wouldn't want to. And would rather trade Danny than Roy. But I would do just about anything possible to bring a proven franchise player here.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  30. #20

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    If Paul were traded to the Pacers he would pull a 'Zo and refuse to report, I think.

    Please not the Knicks or Lakers...

    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  31. #21
    Member Pacers2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    395

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    if he goes to the knicks then it will just be that much sweeter when we knock them out of the playoffs in 2012 or any other year after that.
    2012: Pacers return to glory

    Paul George All Day

  32. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers2012 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if he goes to the knicks then it will just be that much sweeter when we knock them out of the playoffs in 2012 or any other year after that.
    good luck with that

  33. #23
    Member Pacers2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    395

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    good luck with that
    If you dont have faith in your team on any given day then you aint a true fan. thats the thing about being a fan. even if we are playing the lakers you got to believe they can win or what is the point of even cheering for them. or being a fan if you think they will lose against any team ranked higher then them in the playoffs.
    2012: Pacers return to glory

    Paul George All Day

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacers2012 For This Useful Post:


  35. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers2012 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you dont have faith in your team on any given day then you aint a true fan. thats the thing about being a fan. even if we are playing the lakers you got to believe they can win or what is the point of even cheering for them. or being a fan if you think they will lose against any team ranked higher then them in the playoffs.
    If the Knicks have Paul and Amare there is not a combination of Pacers players that could beat that team.

    One thing is to be a fan another one is to be realistic and please stop talking about the true fan crap.

  36. #25
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not to beat out the RSS feed, but some news on Chris Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers2012 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you dont have faith in your team on any given day then you aint a true fan. thats the thing about being a fan. even if we are playing the lakers you got to believe they can win or what is the point of even cheering for them. or being a fan if you think they will lose against any team ranked higher then them in the playoffs.
    There's a difference between being a fan and being down-right delusional.

  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Chris Paul: Returning to New OrleansHornets is right thing to do [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 06:10 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 05:50 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
  4. More funny stuff from Paul Shirley
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 03:55 PM
  5. Complete Game 2 Coverage From The Detroit News & Detroit Free Press
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 11:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •