Thread: Starcraft 2

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Starcraft 2

hey all,

with the impending release of sc2 (only 1 week now!), is there anyone on PD who will be playing it extensively? maybe we could get a clan up... if we have enough people I might be convinced to buy the US version (I live in Korea, and each regional version does not allow you to play with people on other regions nor does it let you choose, which is major suck).

Default Re: Starcraft 2

I will be playing extensively. Not really into this whole "clan" mojo but maybe we can get some games going together. Blizzard has done some weird things with bnet this time around -- hopefully they let people on different servers play together.

I will be playing, and would love to have matches with fellow PD members. Clan wise--eh?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will be playing. Been playing the Beta and I wish it was still up. Im not that good though haha. Getting better, starting to get my macro straightened out, just need to work on micro now.

Plus I am pumped for the campaign as well. It looks pretty sweet.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

i don't know what the latency would be like if i accessed the us servers from korea, because i'd be basically getting the game two times, and if the experience ends up terrible then there'd be little point.... why, oh why, couldn't they just let you choose which server you wanted to play like in the original?

hopefully it'll be ok, and hopefully they'll be able to implement CHAT and CHANNELS asap. otherwise we'll just end up having to organise games on here or something...

the clan was just something i threw out there, obviously it wasn't going to be anything serious

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i don't know what the latency would be like if i accessed the us servers from korea, because i'd be basically getting the game two times, and if the experience ends up terrible then there'd be little point.... why, oh why, couldn't they just let you choose which server you wanted to play like in the original?

hopefully it'll be ok, and hopefully they'll be able to implement CHAT and CHANNELS asap. otherwise we'll just end up having to organise games on here or something...

the clan was just something i threw out there, obviously it wasn't going to be anything serious
    Thank Activision for the region locked play most likely. I think they said chat and channels are going to be implemented in the first few months after release.

You would probably dominate on the US servers if your used to the Korean ones. I was watching a video on APM over there, thats insane.

So went to get the game at midnight with my roommate and they had a raffle for some SC2 stuff and he ended up winning a huge cardboard cutout of Jim Raynor

I got my copy delivered to my work today. So it's just sitting in a box, taunting me. At least I can look at the art book when my boss isn't around.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm sadly not sure my laptop will run it at a quality level.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

My computer is too crappy .
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

Sports Logo

I was speaking to the guy at GameStop and he was saying that Blizzard purposely made the game to run on a decent running laptop....where you don't have to have a super high end computer and great graphics card.

I'm probably going to go get it today at BestBuy.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.