Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

  1. #1
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    I didn't.

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...nce-stephenson

    I looked it up today and was surprised to see it's 6'11"!

    Yeesh!

    Now, they also say he's 6'6" tall, so perhaps it's "only" 6'10", but still.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Draftexpress has him at 6'9" and wingspan of 6'11.25"

    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Paul-George-5688/

    I really with him and Granger can co-exist somehow
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  4. #3

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    It'll be interesting to see how this affects his PG defense. I'm not sure he's quick enough to defend most PGs, but the length certainly helps.

  5. #4
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Draftexpress has him at 6'9" and wingspan of 6'11.25"

    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Paul-George-5688/

    I really with him and Granger can co-exist somehow
    Lance. Lance.

  6. #5
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It'll be interesting to see how this affects his PG defense. I'm not sure he's quick enough to defend most PGs, but the length certainly helps.
    I dont see him cover PGs. He'll must likely be covering swingmen
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  7. #6
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont see him cover PGs. He'll must likely be covering swingmen
    LANCE. LANCE.


  8. #7
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance. Lance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LANCE. LANCE.

    My bad guys..for some reason I read PG24....
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  9. #8
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    He'll at least be an upgrade at PF over Murphy. Plus he has a cool name. Whaddaya think, Hicks?

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    I'd expect nothing less from the 10th pick in the draft.

  11. #10
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,828

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd expect nothing less from the 10th pick in the draft.
    hummmmmmmmmm
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  12. #11
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now, they also say he's 6'6" tall, so perhaps it's "only" 6'10", but still.
    I thought he was 6'4"?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. #12
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    I am confused. Is he wearing high heels?

  14. #13
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,269
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Did everyone on this thread attend a party that I wasn't aware of? lol

  15. #14
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    He just gets better and better.

  16. #15
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    It's all very impressive for a 24-year-old rookie.

  17. #16
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,296

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Can't believe he made an appearance on The Real World!

  18. #17
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in "What"?
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  19. #18
    Member tsm612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Noblesville
    Posts
    426

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?


  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tsm612 For This Useful Post:


  21. #19
    Member GizzyStardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in "What"?
    You get a So Cal hi five for that Pulp Fiction reference.... and for that Better Off Dead avatar. You're stylin' man.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to GizzyStardust For This Useful Post:


  23. #20
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought he was 6'4"?
    6' 4.5" without shoes

    6' 5.75" with shoes

  24. #21
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,300

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Count is correct on his height. That is what he measured at the "combine" when all players were measured for height, wingspan, vertical etc..
    His wingspan was 6'11".

    So in effect you have a 6'5" pg/sg.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  25. #22

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Wow, I had no idea Lance Armstrong had developed a 6'11" wingspan. Is that a side effect of taking HGH?

  26. #23
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,564
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll at least be an upgrade at PF over Murphy. Plus he has a cool name. Whaddaya think, Hicks?
    I think he thinks "LANCE. LANCE."


  27. #24
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,631

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Quote Originally Posted by bphil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, I had no idea Lance Armstrong had developed a 6'11" wingspan. Is that a side effect of taking HGH?
    Possibly, but it's the feathers that have really slowed him down.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  28. #25

    Default Re: Did we all know Lance's wingspan before?

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Count is correct on his height. That is what he measured at the "combine" when all players were measured for height, wingspan, vertical etc..
    His wingspan was 6'11".

    So in effect you have a 6'5" pg/sg.

    Yes, I read it was 6'10.5" but what's 1/2 inch. Now, you know WHY it'll be hard to pick his pocket when he's playing PG. He keeps the ball low to the ground when he dribbles and his cross-over (if legal) is nasty!!! George's wingspan was measured at 6'11.25. When they're both in the backcourt together, you have some long arms on the court ready to pick pockets and steal passes and take it back for the vicious dunk.

Similar Threads

  1. Lance's comeback
    By Raskolnikov in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 05:32 PM
  2. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 7
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 01:46 AM
  3. Partial Measurements and Combine Results are in
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 08:10 AM
  4. The New Phone Books Are Here! The New Measurements Are Here!
    By RomanGabriel in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 12:15 PM
  5. Top Draft Prospects
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 11:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •