Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why starting Stephenson at PG could be a smart move for the Pacers' future(indystar)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Why starting Stephenson at PG could be a smart move for the Pacers' future(indystar)

Quote Originally Posted by danman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The article sure wasn't written from the perspective of a coach with waning job security. "Hey Jim, how about playing the rookie second rounder that's new to the position? It's not about wins and losses. Those won't matter very much until... Uh, it comes to YOUR contract.".
    I'm pretty sure Jim sees the writing on the wall. Fans aren't happy, players aren't happy. Both were ready for him to go before the extension, and even moreso after it.

If Jim thinks he's gonna be in Indy a couple more years, he's absolutely delusional.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Why starting Stephenson at PG could be a smart move for the Pacers' future(indystar)

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty sure Jim sees the writing on the wall. Fans aren't happy, players aren't happy. Both were ready for him to go before the extension, and even moreso after it.

If Jim thinks he's gonna be in Indy a couple more years, he's absolutely delusional.
    But there is a precedent for his delusion.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown