Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T-Bird Rotation Discussion from Front Page

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default T-Bird Rotation Discussion from Front Page

As usual, a discussion worth having here on the original board, started by T-Bird.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/wordpress/?p=106

Tbird topics: Discussion of the rotations available to the Pacers in 2010-2011
    By thunderbird1245, on July 18th, 2010
    The Pacers current roster is filled with role players and misfit parts that don稚 always fit together or compliment each other very well. While that can potentially change with additional moves this summer and beyond, likely we will head into this 2010-2011 season with a roster that is pretty similar to what we already have. With that in mind, I wanted to go inside the mind of a coaching staff痴 thinking on how to best use the chess pieces we have to choose from, and see if we can figure out a consensus on what both will and should happen come November.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Let痴 first name the current roster, in no particular order.

TJ Ford, AJ Price, Lance Stephenson, Danny Granger, Brandon Rush, Mike Dunleavy Jr, Dahntay Jones, Paul George, Tyler Hansbrough, Troy Murphy, Roy Hibbert, Solomon Jones, Jeff Foster, Magnum Rolle, and Josh McRoberts.

Like many recent seasons, the spots 11-15 on our roster are better than average. Unfortunately that doesn稚 mean much when it comes to winning. Still, there are worse things than having decent depth with potential to grow and improve.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

One of the things that infuriates me with fans on here and elsewhere is the constant bickering about players not playing enough minutes that rank among your end of bench guys. The most important thing in NBA basketball (and sports in general) is to play your top guys as much as possible. Rarely do your roster spots 11-15 make a major difference in winning and losing long term.

A coach needs to decide first how many guys in a given game he is comfortable with playing, based on his own belief system and the roster he is given.

In general, it is extremely difficult to play more than 10 guys in a given game any meaningful minutes, and only rarely do coaches even feel comfortable playing that many. The best teams usually rotate 8 guys, or in some cases 9, on a regular basis. This only makes sense, as it gets your best overall players the vast majority of the minutes.

Let痴 examine the details and patters than go into an 8 man rotation.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧蘭

An 8 man rotation is the norm for most coaches in playoff games or crucial times throughout a season. This can usually be done in 2 different ways:

Starting PG, Back up PG..48 minutes split up between them.

Starting wing, starting wing, back up wing.96 minutes split up between all three of them.

Starting big, starting big, back up big..96 minutes split up between all three of them.

This rotational plan means you need the elusive 菟layer X in your frontcourt, a player capable of playing WITH your biggest guy, and also being capable of actually BEING your biggest guy on the floor.

The only Pacers capable of that type of responsibility right now are young and raw Magnum Rolle, the inexperienced Josh McRoberts or the wily oft injured Jeff Foster. In other words, we have no one who can be relied on to play 30 minutes a night to fill this role by himself.

Basically, this traditional type of 8 man rotation doesn稚 work for us this year. We still desperately need a 菟layer X who is a high quality player.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Another 8 man rotation plan works like this:

Starting PG, starting SG, and combo guard who backs up both of them. 96 minutes of playing time for those 2 spots available.

Starting SF, starting PF, and a combo forward who can play either position. 96 minutes of playing time for those 2 spots available.

Starting C and a backup C, with 48 minutes available between them.

This style perhaps makes more sense for our current roster. We have a combo guard in Lance Stephenson, and we have the combo forward (in my opinion) in Danny Granger. But it doesn稚 leave much time for our plethora of wing men, so we壇 be leaving some decent players on the bench on a regular basis. It is hard to trade guys who never play, so if we want to try and package any of these guys at the deadline for future parts, they need to play some.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

The Pacers this year I think will have to be forced to go very oddly in how they rotate their players. Their roster imbalance combined with a lack of talent means they are going to need to be creative to get the maximum out of this divergent roster. Since this year needs to be a developmental year for our young guys more than it needs to be about winning, we need to rotate more players in and out of the lineup. Much like what Hubie Brown did with Memphis a few years ago, this will take out of the box thinking, and it will not be easy to do. Our staff will need to sub early and often, and be willing to make multiple substitutions at a time, subbing 3 and even 4 players at a time, thereby perhaps using our depth as an advantage rather than a nuisance.

Here is what I would personally do, though I am sure almost no one will agree with me on here, and I highly doubt the coaching staff or front office will agree either:

I壇 rotate players like this:

PG: I壇 start AJ Price, and play him about 24 minutes a night. I壇 give TJ Ford about 16, and Lance Stephenson 8. I壇 start AJ, bring Stephenson off the bench every game in the first quarter to finish it out, and, then always start TJ Ford at the beginning of the second quarter.

Ford would have a regular role that way, and can playing with bench guys at the beginning of the second quarter he can come in looking to be a scorer, which in reality is the best use of his talents anyway. Price would play the first 6 minutes of the game, get a long rest, then come in and finish the first half.

I壇 use the same basic rotation in the second half..start and finish with Price, use Lance in a short burst, the start TJ in the 4th quarter looking for offense.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

Now let痴 skip the Center position.

Roy Hibbert obviously starts, and he desperately needs to learn to play more minutes somehow for us to be successful. Unrealistic to a point, because he never has played major minutes at this level or in college. Still, I think we need to force feed him to play more, getting him up to 30 minutes a night. Put Hibbert in for at least that amount.

Next you have a big gaping hole at back up C. For now, we have a decrepit Jeff Foster or a somewhat undersized Josh McRoberts, who seems to be thought of as perimeter guy by this staff.

To me, I give Josh McRoberts these 18 minutes a night and make Foster inactive or on the bench most nights, until McRoberts proves he can稚 guard the opponents biggest guys.

This means that for me, I壇 instruct Josh to try and get stronger and more physical, and be an above average athleticism 5″ than some sort of poor man痴 version of Murphy.

Make no mistake, I think Foster is better and more useful as a player still than McRoberts, as I am not a big fan of McRoberts unlike many of you. Still, it makes no sense to rely on Foster to play every night, since his back and legs are so brittle at this point. It is time to move on from Foster for us.

Possibly, it might make a little sense early in the year to play Hibbert and McRoberts a bit less and carve out 8-10 minutes a game for Foster, just to showcase him a little and let everyone know he is healthy enough to trade for. But if we plan on keeping Jeff around, he likely will be inactive most of the time.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

So I致e already gone unconventional and used 5 guys (at least) for 2 spots.let痴 continue on:

Now we have 3 spots left. In the Pacers current system, those are really all 3 perimeter players, no matter how you categorize them or label them.

Who would I start?

If defense is really important to you, then you need to start your best defensive player. And if your first round pick has as much promise as I think he does, I壇 start him too.no reason to wait!

So, I壇 start Brandon Rush, Paul George, and Danny Granger.

That gives you:

PG: Price

SG: Rush

F: George

F: Granger

C: Hibbert

You壇 have 144 minutes of available playing time for the 2, 3, and 4 spots available. You have the 3 guys I recommend starting, plus Murphy, Hansbrough, Dahntay Jones, Stephenson, Rolle, Dunleavy and Solomon Jones to account for.

Solomon Jones is easy..I壇 make him inactive.

I壇 start Paul George at the beginning of each half, play him 6 minutes to get his feet wet, and then re evaluate after 20 games or so. Let痴 give Paul George 12 useful minutes a night on average, though some nights he could come back in later if we were way ahead or behind.

Granger is our best player. Let痴 give him 36 minutes per night, leaving us with 96 minutes to still divvy up.

Rush is our best defender and best percentage 3 point shooter.plus he is a good guy to use as tradebait, so he has to play. I壇 give him about 26 minutes a night.

70 minutes to go. I want to give Lance another 8 minutes playing off the ball instead of at the PG, just to use him and develop him. That gives Lance 16 minutes of run per night, which is about the right number to work him in initially until we see what we have. That leaves 62 minutes left.

You can see the problems starting to develop. I have Murphy, Dunleavy, Rolle, Hansbrough, and D. Jones left, with only 62 minutes between them.

Murphy, despite being a player I don稚 personally like, is clearly a player the organization thinks highly of. Until we deal him hopefully, he is going to play and we all know that. Let痴 give him 30 minutes a night, leaving us with 32 left.

That means I am playing Dunleavy only 16 minutes per night, Hansbrough 16 minutes a night, benching D. Jones, and making Rolle inactive.

Tough choices, and perhaps somewhat unrealistic..but that is how I see it right now from my point of view. Our roster is log jammed enough that somebody decent is going to be tied to the bench. The Pacers need to make a deal to thin the ranks out and save some money it would appear to me. As it is, I have a veteran useful player like Foster listed as inactive, along with a promising rookie in Magnum Rolle. Plus, I have a solid veteran in Jones tied to the bench. I personally would play Jones over Dunleavy, but I know that is unrealistic, as we need to showcase Dunleavy to show he is healthy.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

So in summary, this is how I see it:

PG Price 24, Ford 16, Stephenson 8

Wings/flex 4: (3 at a time) Granger 36, Rush 26, George 12, Hansbrough 16, Dunleavy 16, Stephenson 8, Murphy 30

C: Hibbert 30, McRoberts 18

DNP: Coaches decision: Dahntay Jones

Inactive: Soloman Jones, Foster, Rolle

This means playing an 11 man rotation, almost unheard of in coaching circles. Expect unhappy players, strife among the coaching staff, and alot of grumbling from everyone if we keep trying to balance things this way. You can also expect quite a bit of losing unfortunately.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Bringing Murphy off the bench would be an outstanding move for us, as it would limit the amount of time he壇 play next to Hibbert. A good goal for the Pacers to try and become more efficient would be to try and limit the amount those 2 are on the floor together to about 30% of the time or less. That is my reasoning, plus it makes sense for us to show other teams Murphy can be useful off the bench to a contender, as we shop him around the deadline.

Going forward, we need to think about how to best set our roster up so we can use a more conventional 8, 9, or 10 man rotation. Playing 11 is not the ideal scenario to be successful, yet I see that as our best chance as I type this on Sunday July 18, 2010.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

As always, the above is just my opinion.

Tbird

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: T-Bird Rotation Discussion from Front Page

Love the idea!!

I think the only way Murphy is used in that way is if it is for another team, though.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

One of the things that infuriates me with fans on here and elsewhere is the constant bickering about players not playing enough minutes that rank among your end of bench guys. The most important thing in NBA basketball (and sports in general) is to play your top guys as much as possible.
    Top players, or most expensive contracts?

Our top guys at various points during the worst part of the season were the young guys who were not being played. The young guys that were not being played outplayed the veterans in front of us on the court when given what few opportunities they had, and even O'Brien himself stated that AJ Price outplayed Watson and Ford in practice, and I suspect from a traditional basketball standpoint, and McRoberts was possibly the power forward that the Pacers sorely lacked, especially during the worst part of the season, and simply couldn't hit shots from the arc to be plugged in as a backup for Murphy within the inflexible O'B system. To say that playing the younger guys last year would not have made a difference in the win column is questionable, in my opinion, and obviously you realize that I am not alone in this assessment.

But, I suspect that the Pacers front office didn't care much about wins until season ticket selling time came along, and fortunately for them Danny's foot healed enough to change our outcome, possibly not wanting higher draft picks due to them being more expensive and having a longer up front commitment in the face of uncertainty.

The rotations you are suggesting will only materialize if the Pacers are shooting well from the arc when those units happen to end up on the floor together due to the spacing it creates in the opinion of our head coach. That is paramount to the success of the O'B system, and shapes his decision making more than any other aspect, such as player development, or defensive effort, or creating spacing due to purposeful ball and player movement whether it be from set plays or player recognition as in the failed "Quick" of Isiah Thomas.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TBird
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So in summary, this is how I see it:

PG Price 24, Ford 16, Stephenson 8

Wings/flex 4: (3 at a time) Granger 36, Rush 26, George 12, Hansbrough 16, Dunleavy 16, Stephenson 8, Murphy 30

C: Hibbert 30, McRoberts 18

DNP: Coaches decision: Dahntay Jones

Inactive: Soloman Jones, Foster, Rolle
    I've always advocated having a huge rotation given the amount of running that we do in a given game. TBird used the example of Hubie Brown when he coached the Grizzlies. I read in some SI article that one of the reasons why he used between a 9 to 10 man rotation was to allow the key Closers to rest and not be worn out for the duraction of the season while allowing the 8 to 10 rotational guys to get used to playing on a regular basis instead of having sporadic and inconsistent minutes over the course of the season. It made a huge difference in allowing for greater consistency and expectations over the course of the entire season....especially towards the end of the season when games really counted.

I still don't think that JO'B starts George ahead of Murphy, Dunleavy getting maybe 20 minutes ( if not more....instead of 16 ) and ( as a a result ) think that Stephenson and George will see less minutes then you suggest.

I'd like to believe that JO'B would somehow read your post and think the same...but he's IMHO too much of a stickler to having Vets close out games...which translates into more minutes for Murphy, Dunleavy and ( if possible ) Foster.

Also....I'm still inclined to believe that we're still trying to get another stop-gap solution at the point where Stephenson is considered to be "Plan Z" for PG if we don't figure something out. Unless JO'B uses TJ.....we have no legit PGs on the roster. I just don't see Stephenson getting significant minutes at the PG spot unless he truly proves that he can properly handle those duties.

Like always....when it comes to JO'B significantly changing his toon when it comes to rotations.....I'll believe it when I see it....otherwise, I'm expecting more of what I saw last season with Granger and Murphy closing out of games at the PF/C spots.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Great idea. Doubt we'll see it in reality. Particularly like the idea of TJ and Muphy off the bench. Think they would effective in that role. Shame jones couldn't get off the bench, but somebody has to sacrifice. If he ended up accompanying TJ and Murph as part of the bench, I could live with it. Although I'd prefer at Dunleavy's expense unless he is back near the top of his game.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

If the same players are here this coming season, it will be just another re-run of the previous 3 years. It's hard to convince a stubborn person they are wrong when they truly feel they are right and everyone one else is wrong.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

I honestly think next offseason we will be asking the same questions we are asking today.Can lance play pg,can George play the two, can Mcroberts be a solid rotational player ect.I think the season will play out with Dunlevy starting at the other wing position and playing 30 minutes a game and Rush as the main backup at the wing position.A vetern pg will be brought in and he will start with T.J coming off the bench until A.J is ready and then he will backup that veteran pg.Murphy will play big minutes,Foster will be in the rotation.Same as always.

Basically everything will be done not to get the young guys in the game. The coaching staff will continue to torture its fans with another 30-36 win season without any of our young guys playing a important role or being in the rotation.
    Last edited by nyballer31; 07-19-2010 at 04:57 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    As usual, a discussion worth having here on the original board, started by T-Bird.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/wordpress/?p=106
    great analysis.. one change i would make. instead of mcbob getting minutes at the center, give them to hansbrough, and also get him some power forward minutes as well. thats assuming hans is healthy of course. but somewhere around 24 a game for hansbrough. mcbob can get less IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride
    instead of mcbob getting minutes at the center, give them to hansbrough,
    This is madness.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nyballer31 View Post
    I honestly think next offseason we will be asking the same questions we are asking today.Can lance play pg,can George play the two, can Mcroberts be a solid rotational player ect.I think the season will play out with Dunlevy starting at the other wing position and playing 30 minutes a game and Rush as the main backup at the wing position.A vetern pg will be brought in and he will start with T.J coming off the bench until A.J is ready and then he will backup that veteran pg.Murphy will play big minutes,Foster will be in the rotation.Same as always.

Basically everything will be done not to get the young guys in the game. The coaching staff will continue to torture its fans with another 30-36 win season without any of our young guys playing a important role or being in the rotation.

This is entirely possible and it makes me cringe to think about it.

So far this discussion has left out the health factor.

There will come a time in the season (and it will probably be in November) when plans go out the window and minutes are determined by who's able to suit up.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

IMO there is no way AJ will be ready for those type min's. He may be "back", but we all know that it takes a full year for a player to really be "back" from a knee ligament injury. Quickness & stamina will be issues for him all year. My guess is AJ is lucky to see the 8 mins @ PG in the breakdown below. Heck, if we can't make a trade (ship exp. contract like Solo to a team under the cap for a late pick or cash), then AJ could be the one dropped if he's not ready to go &/or we find a FA vet PG we feel is a better fit. Both he & Solo are the 2 roster spots in question, IMO.

Also, no way Foster does not play. Remember, JO'B called his loss l/y as a major reason for our ball movement & entire offensive regrettion. While not in our future plans, Jeff plays w/ heart & effort at all times. While I agree I would like to see McBob get some of the b/u min's, I think Jeff will get the most. Only thing that affects this is Jeff's physical status, & if we will consider moving him to a contender @ the deadline (I have long thought he would be moved to SA). IMO you will see D.Jones inative more then Jeff.

My roster change would be (if we can not move TJ for aother PG before the season starts) to try & make a deal by offering D.Jones & Solo for a backup vet PG. Not sure what the interest this combo would draw, but I would think it could draw something we could use. If we were able to do a 2-1 trade, I still would look hard at offering M.Williams the 15th spot. I know summer league was aa bust for him, but I still think there is something there worth giving a shot. If not him, then another young PG who showed something in SL but did not stick w/ anyone for 1 reason or another, or a late cut from another team. No reason to sit/ inactivate useful vets when we could sit & develope a young player w/ upside.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

It was not a ligament issue, it was a bone break.
    Last edited by Sookie; 07-20-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This is madness.
    how is it madness? did mcbob suddenly grow 3-4 more inches and now become a legit 7 footer.

please elaborate. if jeff foster can play center for the blue and gold over his career you think is its absurd to suggest the same for hansbrough so you can get this guy on the floor.

im looking forward to your response.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    how is it madness? did mcbob suddenly grow 3-4 more inches and now become a legit 7 footer.

please elaborate. if jeff foster can play center for the blue and gold over his career you think is its absurd to suggest the same for hansbrough so you can get this guy on the floor.

Foster: 6'11" 250lbs
    McRoberts: 6'10" 240lbs
    Hansbrough: 6'9" 250lbs

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Foster is a smallish center.

Hansbrough is a smallish power forward.

McRoberts is a prototypical sized power forward who can capably play some center thanks to his athleticism.

The idea of Hansbrough playing center is, well, madness.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

this is madness. every team experiences health problems, its a given.
    Which was exactly his point.

-Lance Stephenson

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Foster: 6'11" 250lbs
    McRoberts: 6'10" 240lbs
    Hansbrough: 6'9" 250lbs
    thank you hicks for the numbers here. im not trying to be disrespectful but by the numbers i dont understand why hansbrough should not be considered at center. heck most centers in the league are not legit 7 footers anymore anyways.

i can go look at 10 teams nba rosters and find guys 6'10 250 that play center. moreover, considering hansbrough's physical toughness i would consider that a fair suggestion.

in addition, as i stated would rather him recieve playing time over mcbob.

Mood

thank you hicks for the numbers here. im not trying to be disrespectful but by the numbers i dont understand why hansbrough should not be considered at center. heck most centers in the league are not legit 7 footers anymore anyways.

i can go look at 10 teams nba rosters and find guys 6'10 250 that play center. moreover, considering hansbrough's physical toughness i would consider that a fair suggestion.

I see it as not a matter of numbers, but style of play...Some under sized players at the center position like Chuck Hayes, for example, have the game for it...Hansbrough is closer to a SF than C just from what I've seen. To big/slow to guard other SF's and not equipped with the C game...Making him by default a PF for the Pacers...
    Last edited by focused444; 07-20-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Foster is a smallish center.

Hansbrough is a smallish power forward.

McRoberts is a prototypical sized power forward who can capably play some center thanks to his athleticism.

The idea of Hansbrough playing center is, well, madness.
    you have got to be kidding me here right.. "smallish" foster is a power forward and has always been a power forward by the traditional sense. also, im sure many of you are aware but not all nba teams list the players height and weight accurately. some players are truly 6'5 but listed as 6'7. im not sure if that holds true to hansbrough, he may be 6'9 or he may not.. but from the style of play that hansbrough brings i would prefer him at center than mcroberts.

im 6'3 but ive gaurded guys in leagues at the fieldhouse and other very competitive recreation centers where the dude was 6'7 or taller and held my own and then some. its not all about simply height, intelligence, physical toughness, and positioning are as important if not more important than height and weight.

charles barkley was not a true power forward, but he was one of the best in the league, and many say he was at best 6'7 and no taller.

i guarantee i can find 10 teams in the league that have centers 6'10 250 or smaller.. so the extra inch that hansbrough gives up rules him out to be a center.

that is madness my friend.

Personally, I prefer Tyler to Josh (in general), but not at center. You can have guys with his height/weight play it, but they are the rare exception, not the rule, and frankly, Tyler looks small next to many power forwards, let alone centers.

Honestly there are some guys that look a lot bigger than him at the 4. I think putting him at the 5 might have its advantages in short bursts, but long-term I think he needs to stay at the 4.

Josh is also more of a forward than a center IMO, but he doesn't seem to get dwarfed the way Tyler sometimes does, and I think between that, being a little taller, I'd guess longer, and certainly more capable of playing above the rim, that between he and Tyler, Josh is clearly the better option at center more often than not.

you have got to be kidding me here right.. "smallish" foster is a power forward and has always been a power forward by the traditional sense. also, im sure many of you are aware but not all nba teams list the players height and weight accurately. some players are truly 6'5 but listed as 6'7. im not sure if that holds true to hansbrough, he may be 6'9 or he may not.. but from the style of play that hansbrough brings i would prefer him at center than mcroberts.

im 6'3 but ive gaurded guys in leagues at the fieldhouse and other very competitive recreation centers where the dude was 6'7 or taller and held my own and then some. its not all about simply height, intelligence, physical toughness, and positioning are as important if not more important than height and weight.

charles barkley was not a true power forward, but he was one of the best in the league, and many say he was at best 6'7 and no taller.

i guarantee i can find 10 teams in the league that have centers 6'10 250 or smaller.. so the extra inch that hansbrough gives up rules him out to be a center.

that is madness my friend.
    I was worried about the fact that he looked small next to other 4's, including McRoberts who looked much more than an inch taller to me, and that his lack of height and athleticism was a major factor in his struggles at the 4. But now that I know you were able to guard rec league players a few inches taller than you, I can see that I was wrong.

-Lance Stephenson

Oh and for the record, Foster has played nearly his entire career as a center.

-Lance Stephenson

^^^ That's what I think, too.

"Not all team have seven footers playing at center" is a fact. But it doesn't conduce to, "So let's put somebody even shorter and less experienced at center for our team."

Would Hansbrough at center ever find a favorable matchup in an 82 game schedule?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Oh and for the record, Foster has played nearly his entire career as a center.
    for the record.. where did i state he did not. please this is insult, ive followed pacer ball for as long as anyone else on this board or even moreso.

below is my comment, where did i suggest foster played any other position? i did suggest foster is a power forward who has played center did i not.

"if jeff foster can play center for the blue and gold over his career you think is its absurd to suggest the same for hansbrough so you can get this guy on the floor"