http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/18495612843

Mark stein reports al harrington has signed with the Nuggets
    5yrs 34million
    2012: Pacers return to glory

Paul George All Day

Default Re: Al Harrington signs with Denver

Good for Al. Best of luck to him.

I can't wait for us to make a move. Will there be anybody left ?! As of now we are as stagnant as JOB's playbook.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacemaker For This Useful Post:

we're not going after FAs at this point. trade is our only option and from what bird reiterated on monday that a few team are interested in our expirings. the thing is are we interested in their guards and are they ok with trading their starter or young talent.
    2012: Pacers return to glory

Paul George All Day

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Booo!!! He should have signed with the Mavs lol. Anyway, good luck to him out on Denver. I think he'll be alright in their offense, though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's a good pick up for the Nuggets. He'll fit right in and provide some firepower off the bench or fill in for KMart when he has his annual leg injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I actually think that he is a great fit in Denver. I wonder if they will regret his deal in years four and five though.

I've said numerous times in the last year that Denver missed Linas Kleinza last year. He brought toughness that the Nuggets need. He was capable of playing either the PF or SF. I feel they are dropping the ball by not matching Toronto's offer sheet for Kleinza, and signing Harrington. Kleinza is younger, tougher, and cheaper than Harrington.

If Toronto gets Kleinza, it is a good pick up for them. It allows Bargnani to play center.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacemaker View Post
    I can't wait for us to make a move. Will there be anybody left ?! As of now we are as stagnant as JOB's playbook.
    You have to wait a while. It looks liek Bird is going to sit back and watch every other team sign players and improve except us. We are looking like we are going to go into next season with out curnnet lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    You have to wait a while. It looks liek Bird is going to sit back and watch every other team sign players and improve except us. We are looking like we are going to go into next season with out curnnet lineup.
    That's been the plan all along.

Even if that wasn't the plan we do not have money to sign players from free agency.

The only hope that we have is that we can make trades with some of our expiring contracts but even that right now seems to be a long shot due to teams either low balling us or us asking for the moon (pick your choice or a combo of both).

I think most of us know that this year is going to look a lot like last year.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

Even if that wasn't the plan we do not have money to sign players from free agency.

The only hope that we have is that we can make trades with some of our expiring contracts but even that right now seems to be a long shot due to teams either low balling us or us asking for the moon (pick your choice or a combo of both).

I know, I really hope we make a big splash next summer. Whatever that means. I hope we at least sign someone who is at the level of a Carl Landry or better.

My sympathies go out to the Nuggets organization. An odd vortex may appear in the painted area, where basketballs enter but never return.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 07-14-2010 at 02:30 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That is the first I have heard about Kleiza to toronto. That would be an excellent pairing with Bargnani, but I would be putting Bargs at the four and Kleiza at the three to surround Bargs with toughness. I would also start a real center to play center. That was Bosh's biggest problem, he had to play center in Toronto and he is as much of a center as JO was.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

It's been duly reported that they have tried everything possible to make a trade using our draft pick and expiring contracts. Didn't happen, so now we move to the summer. Even then it was said that it was much more likely to pull something off after the draft.
    How you can think that this year will look like last when we get Foster back, hopefully Hansbrough back, Dunleavy back healthy (Huge), Danny healthy from the get go, and the added firepower of Paul, who is going to be a factor this year. (IMO)
    The continued rapid development of Roy into a real low post threat, Brandon was playing very well and now has George to push him.
    The negativism here is profound.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good pick up by Denver....best of luck to Al. Is there gonna be anybody left for us??
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

Good move for both, his contract is decent and he fits into what they do. Though yes they may regret those last couple of years.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Quote Originally Posted by MLB007 View Post
    It's been duly reported that they have tried everything possible to make a trade using our draft pick and expiring contracts. Didn't happen, so now we move to the summer. Even then it was said that it was much more likely to pull something off after the draft.
    How you can think that this year will look like last when we get Foster back, hopefully Hansbrough back, Dunleavy back healthy (Huge), Danny healthy from the get go, and the added firepower of Paul, who is going to be a factor this year. (IMO)
    The continued rapid development of Roy into a real low post threat, Brandon was playing very well and now has George to push him.
    The negativism here is profound.
    Did we change the head coach? If the answer is no then my opinion is that this year will look like the last three.

The only change to that might be the sudden rise of Lance Stepheson, however banking anything on a second round draft pick is really not a good thing.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Pacemaker View Post
    Bird has been wise to avoid overpaying role players like so many teams have this summer. He's saving his ammo for next offseason.

Of course there's a chance he'll just be forced to do like so many other teams have this summer and overpay, but at least he's giving himself the best shot by saving ALL his flexibility.

I suppose the lockout could complicate things, but I would more relieved than I would be jealous from watching teams overpay left and right for guys like Drew Gooden, Kyle Lowry, Al Harrington, etc....I see a lot of money being thrown around for guys who are a lot closer to being roster filler than they are difference makers.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    My sympathies go out to the Nuggets organization. An odd vortex may appear in the painted area, where baketballs enter but never return.

Ah, my PD laugh of the day, AND a really good one too! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    That is the first I have heard about Kleiza to toronto. That would be an excellent pairing with Bargnani, but I would be putting Bargs at the four and Kleiza at the three to surround Bargs with toughness. I would also start a real center to play center. That was Bosh's biggest problem, he had to play center in Toronto and he is as much of a center as JO was.

Problem is Toronto doesn't have a center, unless they can get one.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Al Harrington makes as much money as Amir Johnson o.O
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Mistake!!!

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just do not understand. Having JR Smith is one thing, then you add another one dimensional streaky shooter? Denver has been known for toughness and grit.