Thread: Kidd To Minny

Default Kidd To Minny

some guy on the sportsline board is reporting that a minnesota radio station (KFAN i believe) said that kidd could be going to minny for wally and cassell.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kidd To Minny

Why??? This has to be a joke. Wally has a huge, long contract, and Cassell is getting older. Unless Wally's contract is shorter than I think it is then NJ has NO reason to do this.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

i'm just reporting what i read, it's under the "rumor mill" board at cbssportsline.com

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Would that even be a good trade for Minn?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I could only see this if Jefferson secretly wanted Kidd out, or if Kidd's knee is really bad.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanInAZ
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why??? This has to be a joke. Wally has a huge, long contract, and Cassell is getting older. Unless Wally's contract is shorter than I think it is then NJ has NO reason to do this.
    Wally and Kids contracts are the same length, but Cassels only has 2 years left. They would pay Cassel and Wally the same amount as Kidd for the next 2 seasons, but then pay 5, 7, and 8 million less over the life of Wally's contract. They would come out ahead in this deal.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would that even be a good trade for Minn?

For the next 2 years, it would be the same amount of money as I stated above. Kidd and Cassel are both hurt, so it comes down to being stuck paying 30 to 40 million a year to Kidd and Garnett for the remander of Kidd's contract.

Wonder what the contex was. There's a huge difference between "this might happen" or "theoretically it could happen because the salaries match."

Speaking of insane radio people, you wouldn't believe the stuff I heard when I was out in LA, before Shaq was traded. One host was espousing a three way trade with us and Dallas, where we gave up Ron, Al, and JB, and only got Nash and Daniels in return.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

The Nets would get a scoring PG and a shooter (they desperately need more points) and Minny would get a play making ability of Kidd. IMO the Nets would do this but Minny might not. Minn counts on Cassell to score and in his absence Wally is their number 3 scorer. Minn would need Wally if they traded Cassell for Kidd unless they think a healthy Hudson can make up the scoring.

On the other hand
    pg-Kidd
    sg-Hudson
    sf-Spree
    pf-KG
    c-Kandi

looks a lot like the Nets before Martin left.