Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jefferson to Utah: Does it open the door for the Pacers to make a move?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Jefferson to Utah: Does it open the door for the Pacers to make a move?

With Al Jefferson now being traded to Utah, to fill Boozer's old role, I think this could be a great chance for the Pacers to acquire a really good young PF in Paul Millsap. Millsap was being groomed to replace Boozer but now it looks like he'll be relegated 6th man status again (unless Utah moves Okur to the bench and has Jefferson play C).

The Jazz have long been interested in Jeff Foster and we could definitely use a young PF to start next to Hibbert. Millsap is young, a banger, pretty athletic and has been very effective for a very good team. He's on a pretty reasonable contract for a player of his ability (going into the 2nd year of a 5 year, $46 million deal). Hypothetically we could move Foster and Solo + a future pick (lottery protected) for Millsap.

I know we need a PG, but to be quite honest, we need TALENT and if we could snag a good young big in the meantime, that will make for a whole lot less work to be done around the trade deadline and next summer.
    Grown Man Ball

Default Re: Jefferson to Utah: Does it open the door for the Pacers to make a move?

that would be nice, but I highly doubt we get Millsap for Foster.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Default Re: Jefferson to Utah: Does it open the door for the Pacers to make a move?

DWill for TFord! Pull the trigger Larry!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bphil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that would be nice, but I highly doubt we get Millsap for Foster.
    We could also do Murphy for Millsap and Ronnie Price. Utah gets a large expiring contract and a guy that would be great in their system.
    Grown Man Ball

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

if we could manage to get Millsap now, then that would save us the trouble of trying to get Horford in free-agency next year...

Sports Logo

I don't see the Jazz moving Milsap. Jefferson could pretend to be a Center playing next to Milsap while doing the same ( or shifting over to PF ) with Okur.

The only thing that is wierd is that I'd think that this deal could push the Jazz into LT territory for the 2010-2011 season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Let me clarify, I'm not saying that this is likely to happen. Just an idea that I had floating around while I'm sitting here at work with nothing to do. If we have anything that Utah is interested in, other than Granger, Hibbert, George, or Stephenson, I think we should definitely look into it.
    Grown Man Ball

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

If anything, now that Minny can and likely will, sign Ridnour, it opens up a door more so with Minny than Utah.

This is a golden opportunity to grab Sessions.

Indy Receives: Ramon Sessions

Minny Receives: Dahntay Jones
    Solomon Jones

i'd send em Murphy.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge24 View Post
    If anything, now that Minny can and likely will, sign Ridnour, it opens up a door more so with Minny than Utah.

Solomon Jones
    At the very least, I don't see them taking on any additional guaranteed $$$ beyond the 2010-2011 season ( since they wanted back only a TPE ). My guess is that with their depleted Frontcourt, they would be interested in some combination of Murphy, Foster ( if he's healthy ), Hansbrough or Solo.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Solomon Jones
    It'll be a cold day in hell the day we ever strike a deal with David Kahn.

Love Milsap... anything outside Granger, Hibbert, George, and Stephenson I would consider in a trade, seems like they would like Troys game there.

But I know Utah loves Milsap and I really don't see them doing this, but you never know...
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

16. The Following User Says Thank You to odeez For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bphil View Post
    DWill for TFord! Pull the trigger Larry!
    Do it, Bird!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    Do it, Bird!
    More helpful: "Do it Utah!"
    But they won't.

Solomon Jones
    I like that one. It gives us one more roster spot and actually a pretty good PG for quite some time.
    But when I think of JOB, I don't see Sessions fit his system. His three-point shooting is far under average..
    Restore the Passion - Restore the Pride

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MLB007 View Post
    More helpful: "Do it Utah!"
    But they won't.
    Hey, they've already made me happy this offseason by drafting Hayward. Thank goodness. Once again, have I mentioned how much I love the Utah Jazz?

Cause I *****ing love the Utah Jazz.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Jefferson just fills the spot left by Boozer. They won't be looking to rid themselves of any bigs. If anything, it'd be the opposite since Kirilenko will have to play primarily on the wing due to their shortage there.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

They already have their own murphy in Okur....Milsap is a perfect energy 6th man for them. I don't see them parting with him anytime soon. I'm sure you'll see quite a bit of Jefferson at the 5 and Milsap at the 4

I sure would like to see Milsap in a pacer uniform. The guy always leaves it out on the court.

I could see Rush working out in Utah depending what their plans for Heyward are.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post

Kirilenko will have to play primarily on the wing due to their shortage there.

What shortage with Gordon Hayward bringing his talent there?

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    What shortage with Gordon Hayward bringing his talent there?
    While I assume this is a tongue in cheek comment, I don't have near the disdain that many on this board seem to have for Hayward, though even I don't think he's near ready to start. And if they season started today he'd nearly have to unless they wanted to start Kirilenko, which I doubt. C.J. Miles, Kirilenko, and Hayward is pretty much their entire wing depth at this point. I think Hayward is going to be able to contribute in a small manner to as a rookie but I wouldn't want him playing more than a 15 minutes per game for my team during his first year.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Mood

I just don't see it myself. I think they will play a lot of Jefferson and Milsap together.

I just hope a door opens up for us at some point, we're due ya'll!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    I just don't see it myself. I think they will play a lot of Jefferson and Milsap together.
    why? they have a really good center in Okur that can shoot from outside and open the floor for Jefferson, I think they are a good complement for each other.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    I just hope a door opens up for us at some point, we're due ya'll!
    I am starting to think that nothing is going to happen with the Pacers until the new collective bargain is done.

Okur will be coming back from injury for one. Also the Jazz simply lack talent up front. Okur is a solid player, mostly perimeter. Millsap is good... and then what. AK-47 can play the 4 but it pretty slim for the position. Koufos and Fesenko are projects, so Jefferson brings talent a depth, and should be able to play beside both Okur and Millsap at times