Thread: Pedja the player.

Default Pedja the player.

I just would like to say hi. This is my first post on this board so if I over step my welcome or this post is repeat I am sorry.

I just thought I would tell you how Pedja plays. What his strenghts and weakness are since I get to see him alot being a Kings fan.

1) first and foremost he is the best in the NBA when it comes to moving without the ball. Think a taller Richard Hamilton with better shooting and strength.

2) Secoundly he the best shooter in the game today especailly behind the arc. and FT line.

3) Thirdly he is a team player. He does what ever he can for the team.

4) He is a solid team defender. He is not athetic by any means but he stays in front of his man and plays very good position and team defence.

5) He is an average rebounder for his position not for his size though.

6) And one of the most important points is he is the very focal point of defenses. When you have him on your team it gives your teamates better looks. It is like playing 4 on 4 because no one leaves Pedja open when the oppossing team guards him. He also spreads floor better then any player in the game because of this. His presence alone gives his teamates a better chance to score. I think this would really open up the scoring for Oneil.

7) One of his weaknesses is his lack of leadership. He is a quite guy.

8) The biggest weakness is him playing every year for Serbia which takes a drain on him physically and mentally. This is the first time in 7 years that he is not playing basketball all year long since he is not playing the Olympics.

9) the last but not the least is his playoff preformances wheather or not it is him being tired or not a playoff performer he struggles. The only year in which I thought this was going to change was the year before last year when he played way above his season averages.

10.) And another thing which people are not aware of is that he averages 5.2 FT a game. Which I might add is only .8 off of what Ron averaged last year. That still averages more FT made a game then Ron. Actually he was 13th in made FT a game. So for people who do think he has no inside presence is wrong because he does go the line alot.

P.S. sorry for the re edits

[edit=530=1091945737][/edit]
    [edit=530=1091945907][/edit]
    [edit=530=1091946642][/edit]
    [edit=530=1091947217][/edit]
    [edit=530=1091958460][/edit]

Default Re: Pedja the player.

Post as in-depth as you wish about Peja; I for one will read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Post as in-depth as you wish about Peja; I for one will read it.

Thank you for the welcoming. I hope this gives you insight on him as a player.

Thanks, Aleksandar! That's probably the best scouting report I've seen on him. Sounds pretty solid; the only major weaknesses being leadership [which he doesn't necessarily need, since Jermaine is our vocal leader] and clutch/playoff performances.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

I would love to have peja but i really don't know if i would give up artest...i'm glad i don't have to make the decison...i did read on hoopshype that indiana is a team that peja would like to be on...i just want to wait and see what our lineup is and if its with peja thats good, but if its with artest, thats good too.

Hi Aleksandar. welcome!

Feel free to contribute here.

I don't think his lack of leadership would be a problem if he somehow ends up with the Pacers. JO and Reggie are the team leaders here. I would take JO as the team leader over Webber (at least he's self-proclaimed team leader). Peja would just have to show up and play basketball like we've seen.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Seems like a good scouting report, thx and to the board. Post as often as you want, we are always looking for as many opinions here also from people who support other teams or players from other teams.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Great first post Aleksandar. I'm sure I will refer to it often when engaging with the Nancy boys here who will whine incessantly if we trade Ron for Peja.
    [edit=27=1091969880][/edit]

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes welcome aboard Aleksandar (unusual spelling what is the origin???). We hae several posters from Sac-town already on board. Anything in the Sac-Bee this AM? Any mention of who else might be interested in Peja and what might be offered?

(This word gets out I wonder what we might be offered for Ronnie???)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Maybe he is from the former Yougoslavia Not that it matters in the least. The more euro's the better.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

RimBender

AHHH! Reggie without a shirt! WTF is up with that......

I stand corrected on the free throw attempt question. Did not realize Peja went to the line as often as that. (Does that make me a Nancy Boy)

Great scouting report and I agree with all of it.

One question I have. Can Peja create his own shot. Seems to me he gets open because of the Kings ball movement and passing.

If the Pacers make this trade, I think they need another low post scorer.

I hesitate to say this but can we get Al Harrington back?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I stand corrected on the free throw attempt question. Did not realize Peja went to the line as often as that. (Does that make me a Nancy Boy)
    Nope.

But that does!

Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Quote Originally Posted by pacerscardsfan
    AAAAHHH, NOOOOO, it's the ex-wife!!!!

Run for your lives!!!!

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

As I'm sure you've seen, a number of us Peja detractors have stated that if Al were still here, we'd definitely do the trade.

That's why I don't see this as a sure thing, from the Pacers perspective. They inquired back in June, when Al was still here. When they found they couldn't get equal value for Ron (i.e. a top notch player), they decided to trade Al for Sax, instead.

IMO, losing Ron AND Al for perimeter guys makes our team too weak. Management may feel the same way.

MZahm

Well, we still have JO and Foster, plus it's not a long shot to hope that one out of Harrison and Pollard can provide a decent 10-15 mpg this year. I was skeptical about the trade at first, but I've come around to it and reading Alexsandar's scouting report (nice work by the way, thanks.) does nothing to change my mind. And I have a feeling that Peja's playoff dropoffs might be exaggerated. I don't think you can count this year, because he was never the same once CWebb came back. He wasn't getting the screens and passes like he used to and he had Hassell on him so I don't think it's fair to have expected him to blow up.

I think it would improve the balance of our team if we did get Peja, but I wouldn't be unhappy if we kept Ron either.

Default I am Arnold, hear my roar

No, but it does make you a Girlie Man.

I have the overwhelming fear that if Artest is traded the Pacers will become a soft team. I hate soft teams

I have the overwhelming fear that if Artest is traded the Pacers will become a soft team.
    Ditto.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As Kegboy pointed out...

Even though I've been one of (one of!?!?!) Ron's loudest detractors, I'm still not sure about this deal when I consider that Al's already gone.

My idea of trading both Ron and Al, as you all got tired of hearing about back in June, was that we'd get back at least one post player in return. The lack of any suitable replacement for JO concerns me. I'm not talking about "if JO goes down", I mean there's no good backup for him on the roster right now (unless Harrison has an eye-popping rookie year, which is extremely unlikely)

JO/ Jeff/ Peja/ SJax/ Tinsley would be better offensively, worse defensively, but still capable of winning in the high-fifties to low-sixties.

The key is, we have to change our team somewhat to deal with Detroit, because we aren't going to beat them by playing better defense. I'm not a fan of soft teams, either, but I don't know that I'd call a team with JO, Tinsley, Reggie, Jackson, Foster, AJ soft... I have no opinion of whether Peja is soft, I'd like to watch him for 82 games before I decide.

Oh, and Aleksander, great scouting report. I love reading posts like that one, but I'm a wanna-be scout so take that for what it's worth.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have the overwhelming fear that if Artest is traded the Pacers will become a soft team. I hate soft teams
    I agree.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions