Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: David Stern on Lebron and lockout. Owners want a 30% rollback on current players contracts

Default Re: David Stern on Lebron and lockout. Owners want a 30% rollback on current players contracts

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...5/ai_54796329/

Just 29 hours before the 1998-99 NBA season could have been doomed, a deal was struck to end the 191-day lockout and save the remainder of the season.

Players Association Executive Director Billy Hunter and NBA Commissioner David Stern endured an all-night bargaining session to hammer out a deal that puts a ceiling on salaries while increasing the minimum wage.

"We're glad this is over," Hunter said. "Our players are anxious to get back and play.

"They are anxious now to be able to join hands with (NBA Commissioner) David (Stern) and Russ and the owners of the 29 teams and create a strong and communal relationship that we think will take the NBA to another level."

"I'm glad this is all over with," said Players Association President Patrick Ewing of the New York Knicks. "It's time to put the egg back in the shell and move on and try to build the NBA. There are parts of the deal I'm not happy with, but everybody wanted to go back to work, so we're going back to work."

The players union approved the deal by a vote of 179-5. The board of governors approved the deal 29-0.

The six-year deal, which has a seventh-year option, is unprecedented in that it limits individual salaries and raises. No other sport has a maximum salary cap.

According to the New York Times, players with zero to five years experience can earn a maximum of $9 million; six to nine years of experience, $11 million; and 10 or more years of experience, $14 million.

OK here is a timeline or what took place in last time

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...ut_chronology/

wow, Jordan made $33M prior to the last lockout. Without lockout and new CBA - players like Shaq, in his prime and today lebron would be making $50M per year

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...ote_wednesday/

The Owners also got rookies salary scale which was huge
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-14-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: David Stern on Lebron and lockout. Owners want a 30% rollback on current players contracts

Wouldn't it be something if both the NFL and NBA are in lockouts a year from now? I might have to find some new hobbies.......
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 07-14-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hunter: NBA lockout is possible

*I can not copy and paste this article, maybe someone else can*

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5380427

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wouldn't it be something if both the NFL and NBA are in lockouts a year from now? I might have to find some new hobbies.......
    That's what college sports are for.

Provided you're not an IU fan, of course.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    That's what college sports are for.

Provided you're not an IU fan, of course.
    I do not know of this college sports

How would the timeline work if they lockout?

Are they locked out at the end of the season or the beginning of the next season?

Reason I ask, will it effect that they have the draft that summer? What about summer league? Is player movement ie trades and signing suspended for the summer?

I can't remember the last lockout very well. The Pacers basically had their team in place that go around, so the summer wasn't nearly as critical, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    How would the timeline work if they lockout?

Are they locked out at the end of the season or the beginning of the next season?

Reason I ask, will it effect that they have the draft that summer? What about summer league? Is player movement ie trades and signing suspended for the summer?

I can't remember the last lockout very well. The Pacers basically had their team in place that go around, so the summer wasn't nearly as critical, then.
    I believe it will begin when the contract ends, which I assume is July 1st of next year. The draft will probably happen, but there will be no Free Agent activity until there is a new agreement.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

airjacobs

Because they knew that lebron costs alot. But how could that be? Do you lebron got a high payment than kobe? He even not a champion.