Thread: can anyone with espn insider post the pacers article"trade market for pg"

Default can anyone with espn insider post the pacers article"trade market for pg"

Or if it has been posted send me in the direction of the thread it was posted in.

THanks

Default Re: can anyone with espn insider post the pacers article"trade market for pg"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: can anyone with espn insider post the pacers article"trade market for pg"

Nothing to it, really...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors#17315

Trade market at PG for Pacers
    12:54
    PM ETIndiana Pacers TopEmailIt's long been known the Pacers are in the market for a point guard. The team was even offering its No. 10 pick in last month's draft in an effort to land someone.

Free agency was another option, but Jordan Farmar, who seemed like a fit for the team, is now of the market.

So is a trade the best option if they're still after someone before training camp begins?

That's what Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star suggests.

"The Pacers' best option at finding a point guard appears to be through a trade at the moment because they currently have 15 players on the roster (counting the non-guaranteed contracts of A.J. Price, Lance Stephenson and Magnum Rolle)," he writes. "The Pacers are only $2.6 million under the $70 million luxury tax."

If the Pacers are unable to land anyone by the start of the season, Price could be kept on to play point.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Granville For This Useful Post:

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Granville View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Pacers are unable to land anyone by the start of the season, Price could be kept on to play point.
    This confuses me. Why would we not keep him to play point

Quote Originally Posted by microwave_oven View Post
    O'brien is currently thinking Price is best suited for Small Forward.

In all seriousness (I hope) They probably meant Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by Granville View Post
    Nothing to it, really...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors#17315

Trade market at PG for Pacers
    12:54
    PM ETIndiana Pacers TopEmailIt's long been known the Pacers are in the market for a point guard. The team was even offering its No. 10 pick in last month's draft in an effort to land someone.

Free agency was another option, but Jordan Farmar, who seemed like a fit for the team, is now of the market.

So is a trade the best option if they're still after someone before training camp begins?

That's what Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star suggests.

"The Pacers' best option at finding a point guard appears to be through a trade at the moment because they currently have 15 players on the roster (counting the non-guaranteed contracts of A.J. Price, Lance Stephenson and Magnum Rolle)," he writes. "The Pacers are only $2.6 million under the $70 million luxury tax."

Price in injured his knee during a celebrity game in NY around late May and will not be ready to play in the beginning of the season (Oct 31ish). He probably wont be ready until about end of November, maybe even longer...they should let him fully recover to avoid another injury

http://www.indycornrows.com/2010/5/2...nee-headed-for
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

So an "insider' article basically summarizes what Wells wrote. I guess it's vacation time at ESPN. Actually I am posting so much these days due to a "staycation" at home with two sick kids.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Ya, it's directly from Wells blog.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/

Another point guard is off the market

Posted by Mike Wells

THE `BURBS - The Pacers' point guard options are going away one by one.
    Jordan Farmar, who the Pacers talked to early in the free agent period, agreed to a three-year, $12-million deal with the New Jersey Nets over the weekend, according to a number of media outlets.

As mentioned last week, the Pacers' best option at finding a point guard appears to be through a trade at the moment because they currently have 15 players on the roster (counting the non-guaranteed contracts of A.J. Price, Lance Stephenson and Magnum Rolle).

The Pacers are only $2.6 million under the $70 million luxury tax.
    It'll be interesting to see if the Pacers are able to pry away one of the young point guards they went after before the draft - Darren Collison, Eric Maynor or George Hill as an example.

Here's a list of some of the remaining free agent point guards on the market if the Pacers are able to open up a roster spot through a trade:

--Kyle Lowry: Talks with the restricted free agent are ice cold.

--Luke Ridnour: Pacers can't afford him

--Earl Watson: He's a long shot to return

--Nate Robinson: His style would drive Jim O'Brien crazy

--Shaun Livingston

--Carlos Arroyo

--Acie Law: Larry Bird planned to pick Law if they had a first round pick in 2007

-- Allen Iverson: Just joking

-- Jamaal Tinsley: Another bad joke for Pacers fans

-- Chris Quinn

That isn't exactly a hot list of names.

Trade, trade, trade, trade.

There's still more than two months until training camp starts, but let's do a 'what-if' scenario. Do you think the Pacers would make the playoffs (or make a run at a spot) if they went into the season with the current roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    So an "insider' article basically summarizes what Wells wrote. I guess it's vacation time at ESPN. Actually I am posting so much these days due to a "staycation" at home with two sick kids.
    It's not an "insider article", per se. It's the rumors section, which is basically a frequently updated link dump with a synopsis of the article it's linking.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

He's pretty good at shooting threes, so JOB was planning to move him to PF this season.

I'm cool with what we have if it comes to that.

I'd love to add Collison even if it meant adding Okafor and now that city negotiations are complete maybe we can move in that direction.

Howeva, Im sure Chris Paul would scream if NO dumped salary and kept him
    so I think you can forget about that trade.

Realistically we are no more than a 35 win team regardless so why not stink for one more year...........play a ton of Stephensen and Price at the point and George and Rush at the 2. Lets see Tyler, McBob and Magnum at the 4 and Hibby and SoLo at the 5.

Dunleavy, Murphy, Ford and even Granger should wear out the pine much more next year. We get a top 4- or 5 pick.........we have aton of money to use on guys next year and we develop the three draft picks from what looks to be a stellar draft by Bird and Co.

If you dump one ofthe four big expirings to potentially add a long term core piece than I'm all for that.............but Im tired of wasting minutes on guys who wont here much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Yeah to think you would have to pay for that if your an insider is kind of silly, but I know we are starving for some new info, I know I am!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    --Acie Law: Larry Bird planned to pick Law if they had a first round pick in 2007
    I would have too. Looks like we dodged a bullet there. But then, it probably would have kept Ball Boy off the roster.

--Nate Robinson: His style would drive Jim O'Brien crazy
    Hmmm.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I'm thinking trade may be the way the Pacers go. Earl Watson and Luke Ridnour are really the only 2 free agents left that I feel the Pacers would be interested in.

So let's take a look at PGs I think would be available through trade for the Pacers to acquire, that the Pacers would probably have interest in.

D.J Augustin- Yes I know the Bobcats are close to acquiring Calderon, but I still don't think they're happy with Augustin. They almost traded him at the deadline, and make still look to trade him and get better insurance for Calderon.

Louis Williams- Holiday is the PG of the future for the Sixers. Lou Williams isn't your typical PG but can play the point and knock down open shots

Jarrett Jack- Yeah the Raptors are trading Calderon, but I don't think it's a given the Raptors want Jack as their PG for the future. They seem to be moving their big contract w/ the exception of Bargnani. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jack moved for a cheaper or stop gap PG

Gilbert Arenas/Kirk Hinrich- With John Wall on the team, I think either of these players could be had. Arenas has HUGE contract and injury issue. Hinrich would be a nice fit, can defend, shoot and pass, but Wiz may hold onto him as a combo guard like they had in Foye.

Baron Davis- The Clippers I believe are going young to rebuild. Bledsoe I think was brought in the be PG of future. Gordon, Aminu and Blake Griffin are a young core to build upon. Baron is only 31 believe it or not. Averaged 15pts 8ast on a bad team last year and played in 75 games.

Mike Conley- I think if Mayo can show he can run the point, Conley may be moved. Vasquez was taken late 1st round. I don't think Memphis feels Conley is their PG of the future, but appears to be their only option.

Ramon Sessions- He's obviously on the block w/ Flynn on the roster and Kahn wanting Ridnour... not to mention Rubio's rights. Not sure we have what Kahn is looking for, but Sessions is an option.

Eric Maynor- Rumored a couple times around the draft as someone the Pacers are interested in, not sure OKC will move him, but they have Westbrook as their present and future, just depends on what they can get for Maynor weighing out what he does as their backup

Andre Miller/Jerryd Bayless- I think one of these guys will be available from Portland. They drafted a combo guard in Elliot Williams who I think they will play at the PG seeing their franchise player in Roy is at SG. They also have other PG prospects to decide on with Armon Johnson, Patty Mills, and Petteri Koponen (Euro)

Beno Udrih- Tyreke Evans in the guy in Sactown. Beno has been a solid backup and his contract gets more movable each year.

Tony Parker/George Hill- It may not be this summer, but the Spurs will likely have to make a decision between these 2 next year, and I expect they try to get something of value out of whichever one they decide to let walk.

is there a reason everybody has written off Acie Law as a bust? he's still fairly young..
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!