Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

  1. #1
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Mark J. Miller
    Yahoo.com
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba,256407

    Guard Luther Head(notes) thought he had a deal with the New Orleans Hornets before it was rescinded Thursday due to a so-called failed physical.

    Yahoo! Sports Adrian Wojnarowski called it a "slimy trick" by the Hornets to get out of a contract that the recently fired general manager Jeff Bower negotiated. "This is just so unbelievably wrong," Head's agent, Mark Bartelstein, told Wojnarowski. "This is just not the way I do business in the NBA."

    Now AOL FanHouse is reporting that the Milwaukee Bucks will be one of the teams seeking Head's services.
    Chris Tomasson
    AOL Fanhouse/Twitter
    http://twitter.com/christomasson/status/18632083885

    Milwaukee expected to be among the teams looking at Luther Head with him being a free agent again. Had looked at him before N.O. saga.
    Last edited by Psyren; 07-17-2010 at 06:34 PM.

  2. #2
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    That is messed up. Shows you the type of people running the hornets.

  3. #3
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is messed up. Shows you the type of people running the hornets.
    Agreed. Just one more reason for CP3 to want out.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    CP3 is gonna be outta there by the trade deadline. The owner only said that he'd be there when the season started but I'm sure he's looking to trade him for whatever value he can get for Chris Paul. I wonder if they'd take Murph and TJ Ford or Dahntay Jones and Dun Dun or other "non-core" combination and two #1 picks for CP3. Unfortunately, LB has worked hard to pick up athletic players to go with our old group of shooters (Murph, Dun-Dun) . As LB said, our young guys are not ready yet to assume full time roles. We're obviously a couple of more years away as a group but we're making progress. After next year, it'll be interesting to see what 'experienced players' LB and Morway bring in to round out this young core group.
    Last edited by TooBigNdaPaint; 07-17-2010 at 07:11 PM.

  5. #5
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Quote Originally Posted by TooBigNdaPaint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CP3 is gonna be outta there by the trade deadline. The owner only said that he'd be there when the season started but I'm sure he's looking to trade him for whatever value he can get for Chris Paul. I wonder if they'd take Murph and TJ Ford or Dahntay Jones and Dun Dun or other "non-core" combination and two #1 picks for CP3. Unfortunately, LB has worked hard to pick up athletic players to go with our old group of shooters (Murph, Dun-Dun) . As LB said, our young guys are not ready yet to assume full time roles. We're obviously a couple of more years away as a group but we're making progress. After next year, it'll be interesting to see what 'experienced players' LB and Morway bring in to round out this young core group.
    I would think they'd take something like Murph/TJ plus 2 firsts for CP3

  6. #6
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,630

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Landing a top tier PG like Paul can make your franchise better really, really fast.

    If we can get him for big expirings + a pick (or two)... That's a nice move.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  7. #7
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Landing a top tier PG like Paul can make your franchise better really, really fast.

    If we can get him for big expirings + a pick (or two)... That's a nice move.
    I'd throw anything but Granger at them for Chris Paul. Talent like Paul's doesn't come around that often.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Los Angeles For This Useful Post:


  9. #8
    Lifer 2minutes twowa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Age
    38
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    I would think they would not only want future picks, but one or two of our young guys as well. We would also more than likely have to take Okafor. Chris Paul is the real deal and I would happily give them Murph, TJ, Rush and Tyler for CP3 and Okafor. I would rather give up future picks than those young guys, but I doubt that would be enough. This still leaves up roughly 23 million to extend our own guys and add a few more pieces.
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

  10. #9

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd throw anything but Granger at them for Chris Paul. Talent like Paul's doesn't come around that often.
    Wouldn't you trade Granger for Paul?

    If they're thinking about Head to replace Ridnour as the backup PG that will be a sizeable downgrade.

  11. #10
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    I would scoff more at giving up Hibbert than Granger. I know that sounds crazy, but I think we could get a lot more out of a replacement at SF. Heck we probably already have one in George. CP3 would instantaneously make our team a TON better. I would love to see him run the pick and roll with McRoberts, Rolle, and Hansborough. I think he would improve our thoughts on the talents of our PFs. He would also balance out our roster going forward. I would give up any of our current wing players, Murphy, and two future firsts for the guy. Hell I would take back Okafor's deal and Paul plus filler for Ford, Dunleavy, Murphy, Stephenson/Rush and two future firsts. They get rid of $60M in contract obligations and get a young player plus two future firsts. That is tough to turn down if you ask me.

    PG - Paul, Price
    SG - Rush, George, filler contract
    SF - Granger, DJones
    PF - Hansborough, McRoberts, Rolle
    C - Hibbert, Foster, SJones

    I think that is a lineup you could ask Horford to fit in the starting PF spot. Carmelo wouldn't be as much of a long shot either. This trade would consume our salary cap space but I think it would be worth it. If we stayed just under the cap for next year we could make a sign and trade deal to go over the cap for another legitimate piece.

  12. #11

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd throw anything but Granger at them for Chris Paul. Talent like Paul's doesn't come around that often.
    I don't know; if it took Granger to land CP3, I'd be willing to pull the trigger. Of course it'd be ideal to pair them up, but CP3 is so good that he can make guys like George, Stephenson, Hibbert, etc. look like a million bucks. That's how valuable elite PGs like Paul are.

  13. #12
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Even if we gave up a lot of value to trade for him, he would bring marketability to our team. He would make us a playoff team. He would entice a good coach to come here, and other players would be willing to play with a top ten player who is very likeable. He would do so much more for our team than what we would have to give up.

    Also, Chris Paul is the reason that the NYK only gave Felton a two year deal. He expires right when Paul's contract does, assuming Paul opts out.

    I would trade anybody for Chris Paul. The more starters and assets you can keep the more likely he would be to stay.

  14. #13
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    What could they realistically get for him?

    Superstars generally don't bring fair value on the trade market.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  16. #14

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Luther Head is getting about as much play in this thread as he did as a Pacer.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  18. #15
    Member ChristianDudley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,578

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Imagine what CP3 could do for Hibbert. CP3 made Tyson Chandler look like Wilt lol.

  19. #16
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Man, with Pritch's firing Milwaukee's really putting the hard press on to be my mistress team. I'd just remind them, as much as I like Head, he didn't make me watch the Pacers any.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  20. #17
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,035

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd just remind them, as much as I like Head.


    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  21. #18
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where have you been the last 12 months? Actually, there was talk about wanting Head long before that, even.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  22. #19

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Milwaukee has a huge expiring asset/contract in Redd and they also have only have one point guard on the roster in Jennings. I think Ford would look good donning the Bucks uni again?

    As far as CP3 goes, I'm all for trying to obtain him. However, my main concern would be him leaving in the next few years and pulling a Lebron on us to go to NYC with Melo and Amare. Paul has two more seasons on his deal and a player option for year 3.

    As far as what it might take, I would assume (as has been mentioned), New Orleans is seeking expirings and young players/picks. A combo of Ford/Dunleavy/Murphy and maybe Rush, Hansbrough, McRoberts, picks, etc. would probably suffice. If New Orleans decides to go cheap and go for the youth movement, I could definitely see a trade happening and the Pacers seem to be in one of the better, if not the best, positions to offer New Orleans what they want. They just drafted guys like Brackins and Poindexter and already have Collinson. Maybe they look at their future core as Collinson, Rush, Poindexter, Brackins and a yet to be named C? Add in some veterans and let that team grow together and they may be able to do some damage down the road.
    Last edited by Smoothdave1; 07-17-2010 at 11:31 PM.

  23. #20
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,944

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Nobody's even slightly worried that CP may be developing a bit of an tendency toward injury?

    Smooth Dave's point about keeping him in Indy could be a legit concern, too. If you give up Granger, the "young core" has to step up ASAP to convince Paul that a new coach and high level player can be attracted. That won't happen if we're hovering around .500 or slightly above.
    Last edited by D-BONE; 07-18-2010 at 07:55 AM.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  24. #21
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,178

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    I don't want him. After the 2012-2013 season he will just leave if we trade for him. He already basically packed his bags for New York at Carmelo's wedding saying "We'll form our own Big 3 in New York,"

  25. #22

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    If you trade Granger for Paul, you will have him exactly ONE year! Is that worth Granger??? Or some of the young'ns and picks?

    One year b/c 011-012 will be a lockout and 012-013 he will opt out. Too many people are ignoring the fact the lockout is going to happen! That's why when trading for Hinrich you don't worry about his 2nd year on the contract. It will be wiped out by the lockout.

  26. #23

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    I'd put Granger on the block for CP3, but only if we worked out an extension to his current contract first.

  27. #24
    Member luis3ep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    is this even a possibility? or are we all just being hopeful? CP3 in indy would be awesome..

  28. #25
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Milwaukee Seeking Luther Head

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine what CP3 could do for Hibbert. CP3 made Tyson Chandler look like Wilt lol.
    He was able to make Chandler look better because he could just throw up a perfectly placed lob pass and Chandler was athletic enough to go up and get it. That wouldn't be the case with Roy, so CP3 would have to find some other way to make Roy look good.
    Grown Man Ball

Similar Threads

  1. Hornets pull offer off table for Luther Head
    By Pacers2012 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 09:54 AM
  2. Hornets sign Luther Head
    By Trophy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 08:49 AM
  3. Agent: New Orleans Hornets withdraw contract offer for Luther Head [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 10:30 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 01:00 PM
  5. Miami Heat agree to contract with Luther Head [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 04:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •