Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for those who think the Heat are already 6-time champions

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Question Question for those who think the Heat are already 6-time champions

How many of you anointed last year's Cavs champions after they signed Shaq?

How many thought the Celtics being champions several times over was just a formality once they signed the big 3?

I don't care why you think this time is different. I just want a count of who watches too much ESPN and/or reads too many hype blogs.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Default Re: Question for those who think the Heat are already 6-time champions

You're awfully adamant about attacking people you have not even identified yet.

I think the Heat are going to be a pretty damned good basketball team. I have 3 excellent reasons.

I definitely didn't think the Cavs would win with all that "witness protection" nonsense, especially with Shaq caring more about patrolling the streets of Miami and stealing Nash's idea of a reality tv show instead of actually training and improving his game.

I thought the Celtics would get multiple championships after they signed the big 3, I'll admit that.

I also think that the Heat will stomp the league because these guys are still young, are in their prime and may even get better, and have more complete pieces surrounding the big 3.

Am I wrong? Maybe I am. It's pretty hard to argue against a lineup that Miami will have come starting day, though.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Heat have more complete pieces surrounding there big 3? Like who Joel Anthony? They're gonna have six players next season.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo

Call me crazy, but I really like the Bulls. I think they could challenge the Heat in the East. Then you still have the Celtics and Magic. It's certainly not a given that the Heat will make it to the Finals.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Heat have more complete pieces surrounding there big 3? Like who Joel Anthony? They're gonna have six players next season.
    Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem are pretty legit. They also have some pretty interesting big guys out of the draft.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If it's the Lakers and heat in teh finals. I'd be rooting for the lakers for the first time in my life.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by judicata View Post
    You're awfully adamant about attacking people you have not even identified yet.

I think the Heat are going to be a pretty damned good basketball team. I have 3 excellent reasons.
    hehe.. they are out there, I think Miami will be good also.. how could they not? But to be a championship team they have a lot of work to do particularly in the post and quality bigs just do not grow on trees. And Bron has never been a back to the basket player. Plus, this will not be a very good 3 point shooting team, we see how fast Riley was jumping on Miller.

Miami has far to many questions to "crown them yet"... now if they come up with 2 or 3 solid low post players then they sitting pretty.

But just look at the East right now

Boston, Chicago, Milwaukee, and in Miami's own division Orlando, Atlanta, and Larry Brown's Bobcats.... The East just got tougher than hell over night.

Miller, Haslem, Chalmers...solid yes, but again that gives them 6 guys. Their second round picks aren't ready...

The Celtics had Rondo, Big Baby, Posey, Powe, Perkins, PJ Brown surrounding their big 3, a much, much better supporting cast.

Miller, Haslem, Chalmers...solid yes, but again that gives them 6 guys. Their second round picks aren't ready...

The Celtics had Rondo, Big Baby, Posey, Powe, Perkins, PJ Brown surrounding their big 3, a much, much better supporting cast.
    pretty sure rondo and big baby were really young then and were still question marks in the lineup...
    that and you can't argue with what the Celtics have done since they got the big 3.

Celts knew Rondo would be special. They absolutely refused to part with him in the KG and Ray Allen deals, even though both the Sonics and the T-Wolves wanted him. Ainge was ready to walk away from the KG deal if they wouldn't budge on Rondo.

Biggest ? I have about the Heat is, who's playing defense on that front line? They are gonna be horrible defensively in the paint.

dude thats like us saying Paul George is gonna be special. Sure, he may end up being great, but can you know for sure? No.
    How do you know the 2nd rounders aren't ready? Big Baby was also a 2nd rounder.

Pretty sure we'd give up Paul George in a deal that would net us a KG type player right now, at least I hope we would.

Paul George for KG? Hail no!

Even if David Stern changes his mind and does not amend to CBA to allow for 3 balls on the court at the same time, I still think they are pre-season favorites. We will see how they do after they have played together for a couple of months, but for now yes they are definitly paper champions.

As a lifelong Redskins fan I can tell you that means nothing. If in translates to wins and a championship, then it means a hell of a lot (aka what a brilliant move...)!

A lot of this reminds me of the moment after the Celts got KG and Allen to team with Paul Pierce.

Almost immediately the thoughts were: Well now they have no depth (they gave up at least 4 players to get KG, IRRC). Where are they going to get a bench? How are those egos going to coexist? How are they going to play with 3 superstars and just one ball?

The Celts answered those questions. They showed that a bench and depth isn't all that hard to acquire and develop. It's getting the superstar talent that's the hard part, and it's something the Heat aren't going to have to worry about for a good long time.

Even if the Heat don't win it this year, wait till the following season when they have the MLE, LLE and more vets waiting to catch the gravy train and willing to sign for the minimum for the chance at a ring. And they have time on their side. The Celts got 3 superstars at the tail end of their primes. The Heat just got 3 superstars right smack in the MIDDLE of their primes.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post

How many thought the Celtics being champions several times over was just a formality once they signed the big 3?

I don't care why you think this time is different. I just want a count of who watches too much ESPN and/or reads too many hype blogs.
    nice attack post!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    A 37 year old Shaq on his last legs? Not too many people.

Given the fact that those guys were near the end of their primes, not too many. Most gave them about a 3 year window to do something. And still, reaching the finals 2 out of 3 years, winning one championship and coming within half a quarter of winning another isn't too shabby.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

They are putting together the pieces now. You really think they are going to put a bunch of hacks around these guys?

This is Riley's final creation and he is not going to stop short of completing it. It is being reported they all took about a 15 million pay cut to come together and fill out the roster. Haslem is most likely coming back as well Mike Miller is most likely on board. All of it is still fluid, but believe me they will have a tight team come fall.

Honestly I would say that this years Heat will be about as good as the 03-04 61 win Pacers. They had the talent to be one of the best teams ever, the problem though was that they didn't have the mental ability to be one of the best teams ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I really like the Bulls. I think they could challenge the Heat in the East. Then you still have the Celtics and Magic. It's certainly not a given that the Heat will make it to the Finals.
    Yeah, the Bulls do have a nice team and will be a challenger in the East, no doubt.

To be honest with you I don't care so much if they do or do not stomp the league.

I just don't want Bird doing what Walsh did with Shaq and that is concede.

In other words no change to the current plan just to put it off till these guys get older or whatever.

I hate to throw out old sports cliche's but this one fits.

That's why they play the game.

In other words it's not pre-ordained yet that these guys will win it all. Wade has a history of injuries, Bosh can be soft and LeBron may not be able to handle being the E in TEAM (or the TAM for that matter).

Now that is not saying that these guys don't light up the league and make the Bulls 72 win season look like a Clippers season, but there is no reason for us to change course.

Damn the torpedo's full steam ahead!!!!

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    . . . but for now yes they are definitly paper champions.
    How can they be champions on paper when they don't even have 5 signed players? You being premature, they can't!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Bulls are really rounding together well. OKC is coming strong. Orlando and LA didn't exactly fall off the map.

Lebron and Bosh have spent a few years not really always manning up under pressure. One thing about Lebron in fact is that his "no one around him" angle cuts both ways. Was the problem that Cleveland lacked talent or was the problem that Lebron didn't make his teammates better in the way that Jordan did?

Miami will be good, but they will still face strong competition and that's going to mean some serious gut checks at times. I know Wade has stood that test, but I'm less sold that James and Bosh have. And with the expectations they have that's going to mean huge pressure at the first sign of trouble.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post: