Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Son of #%@%&

Default Son of #%@%&

I couldn't watch the game last night live because of commitments, I know I know my own fault for that, but with my Tivo I went away thinking everything was fine. I've learned to not trust my season pass feature on this so I went in & even switched it to manual.

I came home & found out that I didn't change the setting correctly so I got the pleasure of seeing the Nets pre-game on the yes network but it didn't tape the damn game. :censor: :censor: :

So I have been trying to read everything I can about the game & seeing what you guys have to say.

Damn I hate missing games. :

The only question I have for you guys that saw the game is this. Is it pretty much a given now that Austin Croshere is now officially out of the rotation? I noticed he got another DNP-CD even on a second game of a back to back against a team that doesn't have a big front line.

Did they say anything about it on the broadcast?

I noticed Bender got a few min. & saw a highlight of a dunk on NBA tv. Did he play well or not?

This derserves another :

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Default Re: Son of #%@%&

The only question I have for you guys that saw the game is this. Is it pretty much a given now that Austin Croshere is now officially out of the rotation? I noticed he got another DNP-CD even on a second game of a back to back against a team that doesn't have a big front line.

Did they say anything about it on the broadcast?

I noticed Bender got a few min. & saw a highlight of a dunk on NBA tv. Did he play well or not?
    Your guess is as good as ours as to whether Croshere's out of the rotation or not. It does appear that way though. I did hear the Nets announcers wonder out loud why he wasn't playing. As for Benders play, he played like he did against San Antonio.

The thing I liked is all the breaks in the game seemed to go against the Pacers but they still come back to win.

Yeah, I know, not much information. <grin>

I didn't see it either but I think that there is always room for someone who shoots 85% from the stripe.

At the end of the game Croshere was on the bench while a couple of 70% guys were on the floor (Tins and O'Neal).

Additionally O'Neal and Foster were both in foul trouble and it appears that Carlisle went with Pollard over Croshere. It could be that he needed a true center or that it was a better match up, but it could also be that Croshere is officially out of the loop with Bender's return.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not certain about Cro either, but Pollard put some MUSCLE in the middle. NJ was being VERY physical and we needed that interior presence. AC plays better going from out to in.

Speaking of physical (not to steal a thread), what was with the Rogers foul on Al? HE went over the back and wrapped him up (perhaps going for the ball) but tried to bulldog him when he couldn't get the ball away. Much of the action occured AFTER the whistle had been blown. Definately the take-down attempt came after the whistle. Where's the flagrant? It would have bee a 3-4 game suspension for Ron or an ejection for Brad last year but didn't even draw a warning last night. It would have been very easy for any player to have been injured on that play but no call.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Sports Logo

Geez there was a play were Al returned the favor and nothing but a foul was called. It was even on both end when it comes to possible flagrants.

Tim

The game was won by defense, again.

In the 4th quarter the Pacers wanted to keep the ball out of Kidd's hands. I will have to watch the tape again and focus on Kidd but I would say the Pacers did a good job, plus the Nets kinda helped us out by missing a few open jumpers and layups in the second half.

The Pacers are starting to get consistent about the second half. It seems like no matter what happens in the first half, they manage to come up with a game plan, stick to it and make it work.

I expected Kidd to own us in the second half, especially in the last 7 minutes of the game. Pacers would not let it happen. Here is an example of why Rick is a better coach than Isiah (plus the young guys are a year better). Rick has the team competing at a high level when the offense isn't kicking. It also helps a whole lot when the team is healthy and without off court drama like death in the family.

I'd say for right now Austin's out but I'm not sure that's permanent.

Bender looks like he always has - a few highlights but no real game impact. IMO Carlisle's a pragmatist. If JB doesn't show a lot more within 10 games, AC will be back - he's clearly the better player right now.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Peck, let me first say you need to get your commitments in order. I have trained all "my people " long ago that Pacers game night is just that, Pacers game night.

I think right now Rick is giving Bender a chance. And Pollard was needed to push peope around for a few minutes.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, we did get one break I thought from the officials. I thought for sure Jeff Foster was going to get blown for a flagrant when he backed Kenyon Martin out, then lost his balance and fell on him. With Kenyon's reaction, I thought they would have screwed Foster for sure.

It didn't happen

I thought for sure Kenyon Martin was going to lose it and throw a punch!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Maybe Austin is involved in an ongoing trade possibility?

To Austin's credit he was standing and cheering the team on from the sidelines which was caught by the cameras a couple of times.

Also, when Tinsely was waiting to go in for AJ in the 4th and AJ hit that '3' did I see Tinsley checking with Carlisle to see if he still wanted him going in? Obviously he did still go in and Carlisle's motions seemed to indicate that was the question/answer. I point this out as a good indication of where Tinsley is at with his head right now. Heh, unless I missed Carlisle trying to tell him to come back to bench and I only saw Tinsley arguing his case and winning

Bender didn't hit a fairly large '3' as well as make a highlight dunk. Was it him that failed to block out on a FT which occured basically as soon as he entered the game? He also had at least one nice block which was covering for JO who was in foul trouble. His game sounds better when I type that than I really thought by watching him.

The situation with Foster and the 'almost' punch is probably a situation where Kenyon will feel differently about what happened when he sees the video. I'm sure he assumed Foster was cheap shotting him and taking out his legs.... when in fact Foster had lost his balance and was falling out of bounds backwards. It was just an awkward fall that Kenyon got the worst of because of the way they got tangled up.

All and all I like the Pacers determination. Al had a few times where he held the ball too long or tried dribbling in too deep so he still has times where he needs to slow down.

I thought Reggie was being aggressive even tho he didn't go for 28.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I couldn't watch the game last night live because of commitments, I know I know my own fault for that, but with my Tivo I went away thinking everything was fine. I've learned to not trust my season pass feature on this so I went in & even switched it to manual.

I came home & found out that I didn't change the setting correctly so I got the pleasure of seeing the Nets pre-game on the yes network but it didn't tape the damn game. :censor: :censor: :
    Peck, I've run into this issue on Tivo before too, and there's a way around it.

Instead of making a season pass, set up a keyword wishlist with the word "Pacers" and the category "Sports/Basketball." Then set it to auto-record every broadcast. (Oh yeah, don't forget to record 30 extra minutes in case of overtime ).

I've got mine set this way and have never missed a game... though if the game is on two networks at once (i.e. WB4 and ESPN2), it's a crapshoot as to which one it'll record.

Maybe Austin is involved in an ongoing trade possibility?
    I hope not. If one of our forwards goes down, Austin will have a big impact and becomes a major player. Hopefully, it never comes to that, but you never know what could happen.

You have to be prepared.

Also, when Tinsely was waiting to go in for AJ in the 4th and AJ hit that '3' did I see Tinsley checking with Carlisle to see if he still wanted him going in? Obviously he did still go in and Carlisle's motions seemed to indicate that was the question/answer. I point this out as a good indication of where Tinsley is at with his head right now.
    -Bball
    What I liked about that was that Tinsley hit a 3 right after enttering the game.

The first person that jumped up off the bench cheering him on? AJ. I think these guys are on the same page... they're all about winning.

What I liked about that was that Tinsley hit a 3 right after enttering the game.

The first person that jumped up off the bench cheering him on? AJ. I think these guys are on the same page... they're all about winning.
    Like we noted in another thread, I think Tinsley and AJ have a pretty good connection. They're talking a lot, AJ's teaching, good stuff like that. I could see AJ being a long-term solution at backup PG, just because he really seems to be helping Jamaal a lot.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Southside_Pacer

This quote tells me a lot:

"We wanted to keep them out of transition because we knew Jason Kidd was going to run up the court. My job was to not let him get the ball by denying him. Anthony Johnson kept telling me to keep the ball out of his hands and we would be all right. Other guys would make the shots and plays and I just needed to stop Jason Kidd." Jamaal Tinsley

AJ knew how to guard Kidd due to going up against him in practice each day, and he shared his wealth of knowledge on Kidd's game to Tinsley. AJ's teaching and Tinsley is learning, and the point guard chemistry seems to be really good right now.

Damn I hate missing games. :
    What are you complaning about? Here in denmark they don't show any Pacer game. Last week they showed Wizards-Bucks...really nice
    Not an Anders Fogh Rasmussen fan

Cro will play as a backup against quicker big guys, Pollard against the bigger, I think. But, we're not talking a lot of minutes either way.

I thought Bender easily had his best game of the three. One for one from three range with seven points in limited minutes, the blocked shot, etc. But beyond that, in the limited minutes, he seemed to have a better understanding of what it was he was supposed to do. Plus, more of his time was spent around the basket and even posting up. I thought there was improvement.

The team was a plus nine in the minutes played, so I'd say he's headed in the right direction.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

From what I see, you let JB get his game legs going (remember this is the start of the season for him) and he's going to be HUGE.

I'll predict it now, the cat will be a major player this year!
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From what I see, you let JB get his game legs going (remember this is the start of the season for him) and he's going to be HUGE.

I'll predict it now, the cat will be a major player this year!
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

The day JB becomes a factor is the day I get high and fly over the moon
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    The day JB becomes a factor is the day I get high and fly over the moon
    Be sure to pass around what you are getting high on !!!

I would rather be the hammer than the nail

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt

I think we all know your feelings about Bender's injuries.......no need for ancient thread bumping.......

I'll post whenever I feel like it. I gave you tickets. I do what I want. I ran for most funniest poster and won. Whateva.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama-Redneck
    Be sure to pass around what you are getting high on !!!

Rocket Fuel

And MR, when did you run for funny poster?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Didn't MR win "most humerous" last season?

EDIT - I know, I'll go it.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Rocket Fuel
    There was a funny story going around about two guys that drank rocket fuel !!

I would rather be the hammer than the nail