View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%

Thread: Would you do it? (Pacers Trade)

Default Would you do it? (Pacers Trade)

Pollard and Bender for Cliffy and Dampier (long-term deal starting Salary 5.5 mil/year)
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Would you do it? (Pacers Trade)

I'm torn on this one. I really think our frontcourt needs some more depth. Damp would be starting center, Foster would be backup center, Cro would back up JO, and Cliffy could mentor Harrison on the third string. It would mean SJax would spend more time at 3, and Freddy would spend more time at 2.

Talent-wise, I think GS wins, but this trade might make us a better team.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I go back and forth on whether I would do that, if it were available. Right now, I'm in the keep Bender mode. But the fair contract for Dampier is enticing.

Sidenote: I don't worry about the possibilities of a deal like that because I am convinced that as much as GS would welcome Bender, I don't believe they want Pollard's contract.

Burt_Reincarnated

I think it is bizarre how loyal alot of you are towards Bender, yet are ready to ship out Ron for the next fluffy bunny who says they are unhappy with their team.

Bender... poor ball handling skills. He still looks lost out on the court after what, 5 years or so now? 6? While Ron completely dominates all his oppenents on both ends of the floor. It makes me wonder if they are putting lead in the Indianapolis water supply.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't do it because Damp. I just have not been impressed with his work ethic or production thus far. There is a reason no one has waved big money at him this off-season.

Default I wouldn't do it

Not out of loyalty to 5.1, but because I think Dampier got incredibly overhyped for one year of solid production. I have this suspicion that Dampier's numbers were a fluke and he'll be back to Mr. Average next time he steps on the court.

I think someone is going to get suckered into taking him.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Even so, I'd rather have an average *True* center than NO *true* center at all.

Drafting Harrison has allowed me to cool a little bit on Dampier, but a contract staring at $5.5 and only costing us Bender - I'd do that. Pollard and Uncle Cliffy are just filler, although Cliff fills a need and Pollard is an overpriced albotross, so that part of the deal really favors us.
    [edit=72=1092017707][/edit]
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I'd lean towards doing it, but this isn't gonna happen, so....

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Golgac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would do it. I hope Bender makes me eat crow but I do not think he will ever amount to much. First of all I am not convinced his body or mind can handle a full season. But like I said, I hope he proves me wrong.
    Ditto , I agree with that 100%