Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So who is the biggest loser?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: So who is the biggest loser?

Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Cavs.

But they won't be as bad as everyone thinks.

Mo Williams
    Anthony Parker
    Antawn Jamison
    JJ Hickson
    Anderson Varajeo

That really isn't that bad of a roster.

Yeah it is.

Cavs fans are the big loser.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I feel horrible for Byron Scott...he along w/ the city of Cleveland is the biggest loser. Kinda reminds me of Elton Brand bouncing from the Clippers when Baron Davis arrived.
    BUILT, NOT BOUGHT

Mood

I feel pretty bad for Cleveland fans but they still have some talent. The Nets have to be stinging as well. More teams that may be trading partners?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    LFeel free to add to the list.
    I remembered another one....

Tom Izzo.

I think the Cavs will win more games than us next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    I think the Cavs will win more games than us next season.
    I think the Cavs will lose more games. And in truth, it's in their best interests to do just that.

Heck, if they found a way to lose more games in Lebron's first couple years in the league, they would've probably been able to get better help around him (along with not foolishly losing Boozer for nothing).

Biggest loser in all this? I'd have to say the small market teams of the NBA. That was a kick in the teeth, not only to Cleveland, but to the small market teams in general.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Cleveland, no doubt. Followed by the Nets and like Quickrelease notes above the small market teams in the NBA.The way Lebron did this was really shameless.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Mood

For me personally, the Celtics, Lakers, and Pistons come out way big winners. I now have a team I will dislike more than them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRik For This Useful Post:

Default Re: So who is the loser?

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    at least the Nets have a complete team, New York I think was the biggest loser seconded by Chicago and of course Cleveland

edit: I would actually move Cleveland to the number one place
    Why is Chicago a "loser?" They have a great, young, team that was already making waves in the playoffs. Obviously they make a huge leap if they would have added one of the big 3, but they make a pretty solid improvement by adding Boozer. They also retain quite a bit of cap flexibility for the future. Easily a top 4 team in the East.

Personally, I don't see Miami remaining in such good shape in the future. They might get back to back titles, which is hell of an accomplishment, but IMHO it will crumble apart. They won't be holding hands, singing together for long.

Chicago will be in good position, when that time comes to step right in and be the big dog on the block.

Orlando hasn't figured out a game plan, they just seem to be arranging chairs just for the sake of saying they're doing something. And Boston is just getting old, and obviously, putting their eggs back in the Big 3 w/ Rondo basket.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Here's a thought... would the Cav's consider trying to aquire Gilbert Arenas now for peanuts since I'm sure he is readily available for short contracts? He's no Lebron for sure, but he could fill that #1 scorer void and they could probably be a pretty decent team with the complimentary pieces they already have in place.

If they want to win now, thats the only forseeable option I see. It would at least make them a mid/low-level playoff team I think, certainly no contender.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Oh, another Winner - Tiger Woods, guess whose not sports public enemy #1 anymore

1a.) Cleveland need to clean house, tank, like they did for Lebron and start from scratch; they won't do it, so I guess this is #1. You can't lose a 2 time Mvp and not be #1 on this list.

1b.) New York, they have given up FUTURE AND PAST #1s to position for Lebron and got Stoudamire, traded David Lee who well is probably as good as Stoudamire w/o Steve Nash. I'd guess by Feb 2011, Amare will ask to be traded. NY will want to. No one will take his salary.

2.) NJ, LA, CHI

None of these 3 really,

NJ still has a nice big man in Lopez, Favors has a bright future down the line, Devin Harris is still good PG, I really like TWILL and Damion James. I mean I thought this was the 2nd best place for Lebron as far as fit.

LA has Blake Griffin and a stud starting 5, imo. They should make the playoffs by accident. Well except for the curse of injuries and mismanagement, historically.

Chicago with a 3rd year D Rose, Noah - one of the best defensive/rebounding bigs, and now Boozer with Deng on the wing. I mean aren't they 4th best in the East now?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In my opinion, nobody is a bigger loser than LeBron himself.

Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge24 View Post
    The Cavs.

But they won't be as bad as everyone thinks.

Mo Williams
    Anthony Parker
    Antawn Jamison
    JJ Hickson
    Anderson Varajeo

That really isn't that bad of a roster.
    I agree but as all us Pacer fans know being a .500 team is worse than being totally horrible in the long run. I think if Cleveland is smart they just clean house and start anew... right now.

Big losers ... New York and Cleveland

Big winners... Miami and Chicago... Watch out for the Bulls....

Banned

Default Re: So who is the loser?

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Why is Chicago a "loser?" They have a great, young, team that was already making waves in the playoffs. Obviously they make a huge leap if they would have added one of the big 3, but they make a pretty solid improvement by adding Boozer. They also retain quite a bit of cap flexibility for the future. Easily a top 4 team in the East.
    I see Chicago as losers because they got rid of Hinrich+ draft pick for nothing even when they already had cap space to get Boozer, also counting all the moves they made last year moving some good players for expirings.

Another team we are forgeting about and should be in second place is Toronto, Bosh left them and they did not get anything in return either.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Lebron's wife, fiance, or girlfriend. She doesn't stand a chance now that he's moving to Miami.
    There won't be room for her in the bed during Wade/Bron/Bosh cuddle time.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maragin For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by maragin View Post
    There won't be room for her in the bed during Wade/Bron/Bosh cuddle time.
    ZING!

I honestly don't have a problem with LeBron wanting to team up with Wade and Bosh in Miami. It's just the way he went about it. He's such a celebrity now that he's lost all touch with reality and the way things are. If he actually used that brain of his, he'd have realized that Cleveland is a city on it's way to becoming like Detroit. To make a spectacle of his announcement to ditch the Cavs to play with friends is a total joke and a mockery of the NBA.

ESPN has seriously lost it's way too, and just plain sold out. It's all about big market teams that get the biggest ratings and that's it. I honestly can't stand ESPN any longer.

I feel terrible for the city of Cleveland and its fans as they are the biggest losers in more ways than just losing LeBron. It's right up there with the Pacer's brawl. Both the Pacers at that time were in contention for a championship as were the Cavs and now it's only a bitter memory.

It's good to want to play with friends, but sometimes you just have to do what's right. The right thing would have been to work your *** off to bring a championship to Cleveland, Ohio and your hometown. However, if you are going to leave the Cavs, I think it would have been smarter to meet with the owner of the Cavs and have a local press conference expressing thanks for the city and fans. I think something more intimate and candid would have lessened the sting.

Instead, LeBron is now just a joke.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Well, I don't know if this fits anymore, after the trades, but I thought it was funny. (From the Simmons article)

City: Cleveland
    Name: Jeff
    I've figured out the moral of the story: Stay in school.

Wade: 3 years at Marquette
    Bosh: 1 year at Georgia Tech
    The kid from Akron: no college

The most educated guy convinced his dumber friends to come play on his team for less money.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    It's good to want to play with friends, but sometimes you just have to do what's right. The right thing would have been to work your *** off to bring a championship to Cleveland, Ohio and your hometown. However, if you are going to leave the Cavs, I think it would have been smarter to meet with the owner of the Cavs and have a local press conference expressing thanks for the city and fans. I think something more intimate and candid would have lessened the sting.

Instead, LeBron is now just a joke.
    In the NBA, the player is the commodity. As tough as it is on Cleveland (and I do feel for them), some are acting as though LeBron had no right to exercise his right to choose. That's the breaks of free agency. My biggest issue is the way it was done. He had every right to do what he felt was best for himself. But he invited the spectacle of it all on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    In the NBA, the player is the commodity. As tough as it is on Cleveland (and I do feel for them), some are acting as though LeBron had no right to exercise his right to choose. That's the breaks of free agency. My biggest issue is the way it was done. He had every right to do what he felt was best for himself. But he invited the spectacle of it all on himself.
    Actually the fact that he couldn't negotiate until July 1st and then sign until July 8th caused some of this, along with ESPN. He could have said a month ago that he was planning on going to Miami. Other teams could have concentrated on making themselves better overall than waiting on the royal penis interview. I do believe in doing whats best for yourself. The spectacle created by the media was not entirely LeBrons fault but he certainly didn't do anything to subside it.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)