Thread: Pacers did not deserve to win tonight.

Default Pacers did not deserve to win tonight.

The Pacers made a ton of mental mistakes tonight, so many blown assignments on defense and so many times they were out of position on defense.

Before I go on, I need to compliment the opponent. Kincks are without question playing much better defense than they did when Don Chaney was the coach, they are now physical and in typical Lenny Wilkens fashion they don't foul much at all. Wilkens teas almost always nlead the league in fewest fould committed.

Back to the Pacers.

The two obvious areas that killed the Pacers: rebounding and free throw shooting. Ron missed two, Al missed one, J.O missed three all in the 4th quarter and those are our three best players. .

But the rebounding is what really has me burning. The Knicks had 12 second chance points in the first half alone. Terrible.

Going player by player:

AL - terrible. He was just out of sync tonight, he was a step slow to everything.

Croshere - gave us nothing.

Pollard - Horrible

AJ - poor at best

Foster - blah, I think he is worn down. He needs the allstar break.

If it weren't for Jamaal's 4 thres in the second half the pacers never would have had a chance to even be in the game.

J.O did pretty well, considering he was not supposed to play

Reggie was good, Ronnie was also good.

Hardaway was huge tonight. Yes the two tough jumperslate were huge, but late in the 3rd he hit two huge threes, when it looked like the pacers were going to have a 9 or 10 point lead going into the 4th.

The most disgusted I have been all season.

Default Re: Pacers did not deserve to win tonight.

we had a bad game, it happens sometimes. but detroit lost also lets lets just take a deep breath, relax, and look at hip hopapotamus
    Ummmm...what is he doing?

I couldn't agree more with you UB, it worries me though to no end to see that in two games where Al was really called upon (last and again tonight) seeing as JO would most likely not be metally prepared to go banging under the boards just yet, he showed up "empty" on both occassions.

Despite his "BIG" words he showed nothing and was simply way to late on defense time and time again.

AJ, I have no idea why KA did not get some of his minutes, I have a feeling the lead in the 3d quarter would have been either slightly build or better protected then it was now.

Ron and Tins played a good game, JO, as I said, understable not "waiting" to go bumping under the boards but he'll be back on Friday.

Cro has just shown why he is 3d tier, he can not produce 2 nights in a row.

We missed Fred, strange as it is, Jeff indeed is "slacking" lately, tonight was not the first time and Pollie did not bring anything either.

On the other hand, we better get these kind of games in this manner (thought preferably not against NY) as they are bound to occur anyway.

2 more to go, with a W we will still happy bunnies going into the All Star break and start fresh after that

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Sports Logo

It would be nice if Ronnnie could start hitting those end of game free throws.

UB you will have to forgive me for this but his late 4th quarter free throw shooting reminds me of a former sf we used to have. I shant name him for fear that UB would explode at the mere compairison but you know who I am talking about.

Not that I would switch them for a second but that is the one area I would really like to see Ron improve on the most other than his ball handeling.

It would be nice if Ronnnie could start hitting those end of game free throws.

UB you will have to forgive me for this but his late 4th quarter free throw shooting reminds me of a former sf we used to have. I shant name him for fear that UB would explode at the mere compairison but you know who I am talking about.

Not that I would switch them for a second but that is the one area I would really like to see Ron improve on the most other than his ball handeling.
    One difference is the other player we don't want to mention was an 85% free throw shooter who shot like 70% late in games, where as Ron is what 70% shooter to begin with . I have not noticed that Ron has missed a lot of clutch free throws, I don't have any stats to back it up. I would guess he is shooting his normal 70% late in games. I wish he would shoot 90%, but

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

-snip-
    Hardaway was huge tonight. Yes the two tough jumperslate were huge, but late in the 3rd he hit two huge threes, when it looked like the pacers were going to have a 9 or 10 point lead going into the 4th.

The most disgusted I have been all season.
    Give Hardaway a lot of credit here - this is the best I've seen him play in six or seven years. He hit some tough/ clutch shots to keep this game just out of reach for us.

I've been more disgusted with some of our close games against Atlanta or the Orlando debacle at home. The Knicks are hot right now, it isn't like we got outplayed by a last place team. They (mostly Penny) were just a little better down the stretch (especially since we were awful from the line.)
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Look I'm running the risk here of saying to much about Croshere.

Honest to God I don't even really like the guy as a player all that much so I should just quit doing this but I need to anyway.

Why is it when Croshere does not shoot well he has a horrid game. Yet he set solid picks & played some of the best man to man defense on Doleac & Mutumbo of the night.

In other words with Austin, for some of you guys, basically he has to have a super game & you will begrudgingly give him credit, but one game less than stellar he is a piece of crap.

I give up.

I will freely admit that I must just be looking at this all wrong because as I saw it he didn't do one bit worse than Scott Pollard & IMO wasn't far from Foster (who again had 8 more min. of playing time to get his 4 more points & 4 more board with 4 more fouls).

So again I am willing to say it is just me. But I honestly don't see where Foster is one bit better than Croshere.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

[quote="ROCislandWarrior"]

Ummmm...what is he doing?
    I think he is doing the KOBE
    Not an Anders Fogh Rasmussen fan

Look I'm running the risk here of saying to much about Croshere.

Honest to God I don't even really like the guy as a player all that much so I should just quit doing this but I need to anyway.

Why is it when Croshere does not shoot well he has a horrid game. Yet he set solid picks & played some of the best man to man defense on Doleac & Mutumbo of the night.

In other words with Austin, for some of you guys, basically he has to have a super game & you will begrudgingly give him credit, but one game less than stellar he is a piece of crap.

I give up.

I will freely admit that I must just be looking at this all wrong because as I saw it he didn't do one bit worse than Scott Pollard & IMO wasn't far from Foster (who again had 8 more min. of playing time to get his 4 more points & 4 more board with 4 more fouls).

So again I am willing to say it is just me. But I honestly don't see where Foster is one bit better than Croshere.
    It doesn't matter.... just wait'll Bender is back!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Peck, I know you are not talking about me, because I have sveral times this season complimented Cro even when he does not score. In fact I have wanted Cro to try and play like foster and not worry about his offense

Peck, I know you are not talking about me, because I have sveral times this season complimented Cro even when he does not score. In fact I have wanted Cro to try and play like foster and not worry about his offense
    Nope, not talking about you. This time

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13