View Poll Results: Do You Have a Problem with LeBron having the special, and will you watch?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Have No Problem With It; I Will Watch

19 21.59%
  • I Have No Problem With It; I Will Not Watch

22 25.00%
  • I Have A Problem With It; I Will Watch

16 18.18%
  • I Have A Problem With It; I Will Not Watch

31 35.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will You Watch LeBron's "Special"?

Default Will You Watch LeBron's "Special"?

Sorry to break this away from the other, main, topic, but I wanted to throw this poll out there to kind of gauge people's thoughts on if they will watch or not.

Do you have a problem with LeBron and ESPN having an hour long glamor session, and will you end up watching it?
    Last edited by Swish; 07-07-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Will You Watch LeBron's "Special"?

Nope. the last thing I want to watch is ANOTHER hour on where Lebron will go. If you ask me it is very egotistical of him to announce it this way. Why can't he just go for a interview on Sportscenter, or leak it to a Ric Bucher?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DrBadd01 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will be watching TNA Impact!
    Grown Man Ball

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

This deserves two threads? Ugh, I can't get away from it!

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will be watching TNA Impact!
    And not the Reds game!? Lame...

I hate to say it, but I will most likely be watching. If he goes to Miami then we're all in trouble, granted they will need to fill out the other roster spots; they are goin to be hard to beat.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

I have no problem with it, and I *might* watch it if I'm home and remember and have nothing else going on that takes precedence.

No, I will be working. I will check in 5 mins after it airs, to see who he picks though. And If I wasn't working, I would turn it on with about 15mins left to watch that part live. (I would switch back and forth before that though.)

I care enough to want to know where he goes, but don't care enough to sit and watch an hour of the crap.

Banned

Hell yeah I'll be watching

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Probably won't sit and watch the whole thing, but yeah I'll watch it. I voted that I don't have a problem with it because, even though I do think it's egotistical and over the top, it's sports. Sports are entertainment. Entertainment is for money. See the logical connection with all this? It's just like another crazy hairdo for Rodman or Artest. You roll your eyes, laugh and grumble at the same time, and go on watching because it's entertaining.

--pizza
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

they should set it up like when HS ball players choose colleges. Have all the potential teams' caps in front of him and he put on where he goes...

but i'll probably watch it switching back and forth with another channel... skip all of the ESPN lebron love fest and wait til i see the announcement
    Last edited by rel; 07-07-2010 at 03:10 PM.

I think he is an ego maniac and this is a prime example of it. I will not be watching it. I got Power, Faith and Fantasy by Michael Oren that I am plowing through right now so I will just read that and I am sure one of my friends will text me when Lebron announces the decsiion.

I still want to know how they will fill around 40 minutes or so with content. It is either I am going to New York, New Jersey, Miami, Chicago or he is going to say I am saying that he is staying in Cleveland. That should take maybe 5 minutes.

I'll TRY to watch it.

I have more pressing matters that need my attention than watching some one's ego get stroked on tv.

Mood

I don't think that it is as much about his ego... Two things...

First why not just make a hr special to tell everyone who you chose, why you chose them, and why you didn't choose the other teams. What you expect and what you hope to bring to the team(if not Cleveland). It will probably be easier to do it this way than have to hear all these stories about why everyone else feels you didn't pick team A or team B.

Second like someone said if people are going to follow you around and are that interested in what you have to say, why don't you help out someone else in the process. Donating the money to the boys and girls clubs is a nice thing to do. People often tend to focus too much on what could be negative and never really take a glance at the positive...

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This deserves two threads? Ugh, I can't get away from it!

And not the Reds game!? Lame...
    With Cueto scheduled to go, the Red Legs will be promptly wrapping up a win right around 9PM.
    Grown Man Ball

Just to see who they try sign for the league min., I want him to go to Miami. Will Ray Allen sign there to play with, will Farmar?

This is going to be his Cleveland Swan song. Full of highlight reels framed around the idea that Lefraud means so much to the game, and that leaving cleveland is best for the game of basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This is going to be his Cleveland Swan song. Full of highlight reels framed around the idea that Lefraud means so much to the game, and that leaving cleveland is best for the game of basketball.
    Just curious, why do you call him Lefraud?

Bron Bron ain't goin nowhere.......

Cleveland......

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    Just curious, why do you call him Lefraud?
    Cause he isn't a winner, yet is treated like he won multiple rings and is in the hall of fame right now. LeFraud. Also is whole demeanor, cuttin up and dancing on the bench, walking off the court before the game is over (vs Pacers). Also this its all about winning thing, yet he is essentially going to handicap Cleveland (if he stays) from signing any new players to give him help. When a guy says I need help, give me good players, but make sure you max me out this offseason, he isn't interested in winning.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 07-07-2010 at 04:34 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

I, too, think this is very egotistical of him and it is mostly just for more publicity to make his decision live on ESPN. I'm just wondering how much $$$ he's getting from ESPN to do this--I'd assume they are paying him something??? I doubt I'll watch it as the way media is and how news is leaked so much in this day of age, it will be all over the Internet via Twitter and other media outlets before 9 PM even rolls around most likely, so why bother watching more highlights of the NBA's "Chosen One" when I don't have to?

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Surely there is some show on the Cartoon Network or Comedy Central that would take precedence over this spectacle, or even something on the big 4 networks that might be watchable in that time slot.

Maybe there is a Godzilla movie about a monster devastating Cleveland on Syfy, who knows?

I have a life, therefore I will not watch. I'll see what's up on the ticker later on.

As for LeBron, his ego is apparently as massive as his NBA Championship trophy case is empty.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Truely, truely, I say to you, I will not watch LBJ's ego stroke. Sadly I do not give a flying crap at this point where he goes. I can wait until Friday AM.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

29. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:

Cause he isn't a winner, yet is treated like he won multiple rings and is in the hall of fame right now. LeFraud. Also is whole demeanor, cuttin up and dancing on the bench, walking off the court before the game is over (vs Pacers). Also this its all about winning thing, yet he is essentially going to handicap Cleveland (if he stays) from signing any new players to give him help. When a guy says I need help, give me good players, but make sure you max me out this offseason, he isn't interested in winning.
    Ok, I see, but not a winner, are you kidding me? I sense a lot of jealousy here. Sounds like you and Skip Bayless need to hang out, he shares your opinion of Lebron. Who cares if he dances by the bench, a lot of players dance by the bench. I would be dancing too if I was him. The whole not being about winning thing just boggles my mind... Cleveland has been one of the best teams in the regular season over the last few years. Now if you had said he is not a winner in the playoffs that might hold more weight. I also wouldn't say he is handicapping Cleveland, he has given them everything except a championship over the last seven years. I would argue he needs a better supporting cast, most teams that win Championships these days have at least two All Stars, and no an old Shaq, and Mo Williams do not count. He does need to find a way to get it done in the playoffs, that I would not argue.

Tell me if he played for the Pacers you would feel the same way? I am willing to bet you would not, I don't think any of us would. Also, how do you know what he has said in terms of give me a max contract talk? How do any of us know? I would agree this hour special is a little over board, but it's his life, we don't have to watch it. I agree it is annoying seeing Lebron this and Lebron that, but that is the nature of media. Lebron is a HOF player simply based on what he has done so far, and he is only 25. I get that it sucks seeing him play for another team and getting all this attention, but if you watch him play, which I am sure you have, dude is a stud no matter how you cut it.

Calling him names, though it is your right to do so, is silly, IMO. But I respect your opinion, so don't think I am attacking you, I just disagree with calling him silly names, when he is obviously a great player and his career is only half way done. My sense is that knowing he will never play for us and seeing him all the time is annoying to you and others, I get that no doubt. But picking out little things you don't like about him and saying he isn't about winning just isn't truth, it's jealousy.

Also f.y.i. I do not have any Lebron gear or anything with his name on it and I am not a fanboy of his, but I do respect him as a player and entertainer, which he is. He is a flat out stud on the court and one hell of a basketball player, that is fact. It just annoys me with the name calling although it is your right to do so. I just disagree 100% with the name calling.