Thread: Could we do a sign & trade for Lee

Default Could we do a sign & trade for Lee

The guy is a player and put up great numbers and if the Knicks sign LeBron and they already have Amare, they will need some players to go with those guys. We could possibly give them 3 in a trade and maybe throw in a draft pick.

Do you want Lee here? At what cost would you do this?
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Default Re: Could we do a sign & trade for Lee

mebbe
    Come quietly or there will be... trouble.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No interest in Lee. His impact on our team would be similar to Troy Murphy's--he'll put up nice counting stats and be a sieve on the defensive end.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

this would be bad all around. we have to give up talent and we have to sign lee to a deal like murphys or better. he isn't worth it. plus the only thing we are trading for at this point is a guard. dont expect us to get a pf anytime soon unless its a deal with a guard. besides we got rolle
    2012: Pacers return to glory

Paul George All Day

Lee's numbers

09-10 Knicks

20.2Pts 11.7RB 3.6A 54% FG 81%FT 37Minutes
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lee's numbers

09-10 Knicks

20.2Pts 11.7RB 3.6A 54% FG 81%FT 37Minutes
    his coach has alot to do with those flashy stats due to his strategy. I wanna get back to defense personally. Having 2-3 beasts under the rim is my kind of basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by gopacers1179 View Post
    his coach has alot to do with those flashy stats due to his strategy. I wanna get back to defense personally. Having 2-3 beasts under the rim is my kind of basketball.
    If we got horford that would be the best situation for us long term. He reminds me alot of dale davis. it would take alot for that to happen though.

Paul George All Day

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacers2012 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers2012 View Post
    If we got horford that would be the best situation for us long term. He reminds me alot of dale davis. it would take alot for that to happen though.
    Im right there beside you in that thought. But if this Smith rumor is true, this means theyre gonna pay Horford and run Smith off due to the commitment they just gave Johnson.

Lee by himself is fine enough, but you don't want to be the team that overpays him. Lee at $10M a year or whatever it is he wants just isn't a winning move. You can find alternatives to what he brings at cheaper prices.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    Lee by himself is fine enough, but you don't want to be the team that overpays him. Lee at $10M a year or whatever it is he wants just isn't a winning move. You can find alternatives to what he brings at cheaper prices.
    What if you could move Fords contract and Hansbrough and maybe give up next years first protected. Why do some think he's way over rated and not worth 10M a year. Amare just signed for 20M and Lees stats are much better Amare avg 22P, 6.6R 1A. Lee is 4 years younger. You would be getting Lee for free next year since Fords not playing.

If we save all these expiring's for next year, we will overpay for someone and who's really worth overpaying for? Are some of you saying he won't make us any better? I'm fairly certain he could start on at least 20 teams in the NBA.
    Last edited by aceace; 07-06-2010 at 03:03 AM. Reason: add

What if you could move Fords contract and Hansbrough and maybe give up next years first protected. Why do some think he's way over rated and not worth 10M a year. Amare just signed for 20M and Lees stats are much better Amare avg 22P, 6.6R 1A. Lee is 4 years younger. You would be getting Lee for free next year since Fords not playing.
    They wont want ford or his contract. They have enough money to go after other guards and over pay them. Do expect NY to go after Farmar or Felton or Livingston. They have no guards on their roster right now and just missed out on Joe and i doubt parker leaves either. The trade would have to be murphy, rush and maybe a pick. teams are asking alot for their players.

I really think we should wait and see how McBob, Hansbrough, and Rolle do before we make a move for a PF. None of which will most likely be available for trade.

Paul George All Day

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers2012 View Post
    They wont want ford or his contract. They have enough money to go after other guards and over pay them. Do expect NY to go after Farmar or Felton or Livingston. They have no guards on their roster right now and just missed out on Joe and i doubt parker leaves either. The trade would have to be murphy, rush and maybe a pick. teams are asking alot for their players.

I really think we should wait and see how McBob, Hansbrough, and Rolle do before we make a move for a PF. None of which will most likely be available for trade.
    Thats not true after Amare's contract they can sign one other big name and they will be at the cap. They are at 38M now the cap is what 56M that leaves money for Lebron and their rookies. Thats why they have to do a S&T for Lee. If Ford doesn't work out they could trade him in February.
    Last edited by aceace; 07-06-2010 at 03:19 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we save all these expiring's for next year, we will overpay for someone and who's really worth overpaying for? Are some of you saying he won't make us any better? I'm fairly certain he could start on at least 20 teams in the NBA.
    Stats aren't everything... it's how the player impacts the game.

Honestly I don't want to overpay for anyone (your deal you suggest for Lee is way overpaying, a previous 1st, a future 1st, and cap room??)... especially for a guy that may be only slightly better than Hansbrough in the long run...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Troy Murphy's stats are great too. Why not keep Troy Murphy and his double doubles and extend him for another $8-$10M a year? Why do I think this board would moan and groan to no end if that happened? David Lee had the most meaningless 20 and 10 season that I can ever remember.

Getting rid of Ford would be nice, but in the bigger picture, this doesn't matter. He is gone after this year. Trading him so you can have the privilege of overpaying someone like David Lee is a formula to get you nowhere.

Bottom line is people need to keep their eyes on the bigger picture. And the picture is that next year doesn't really matter. In the big picture, it's an irrelevant season. It's kind of like the Orlando Magic's 1999-2000 season. That roster didn't matter and the management didn't really care about how that team finished. They were preparing for the summer of 2000 the entire time.

The Pacers and Bird have been aiming for the summer of 2011. That's why these people getting their panties in a bunch over JOB still coaching the roster et al.this season are totally missing the point. The Pacers aren't playing for next season.......nor should they.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

Banned

Lee will have an hard time putting up big numbers in a normal system

Well this is who will be free next year when we have all this money to burn. Carmelo Anthony, Caron Butler, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, David West and Tayshaun Prince. I don't see any of these guys changing their zip code to Indy. The restricted FA that are worth bringing here will get matched or we will over pay. We will be in the same situation. Horford is the only guy I would want next year and Atlanta's not going to give him up. ESPN did list Lee as a top tier FA and he was about 10th on the list. Lee does not shoot the three, plays inside and has an excellent video on youtube. OK, I'm done with this thread, let it fade off into the back pages.

d_c-

Totally agree with you re the 'big picture', etc. with one execption.

It's seemingly pretty obvious that, to at least some degree, OB's
    presence/system is likely retarding the development of Hibbert
    (and probably Rush too). That does have some relevance.

Carl Landry
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I certainly hope not.