I'm new to the board. Seems like everyone one here pretty much hates the moves and decisions Bird has made. I'm on the other side of things. I think we are in a great position. This year will be another tough year and we will not make the playoffs. However, if things go the way I think and hope they will. Here are the reasons we are in a great position.
1. We have good young talent, that is developing and will continue to develop.
2. Fringe superstar in Granger
3. Hella cap room next year to sign hopefully 2 stars. ( I know everyone believes the class is weak)
4. Not being in the market this year will save us from WAY over spending, like the other teams are doing now.
Moves we need to make.
1. Not sign a stopgap at pg this year. Let TJ play the point and let the dude score and score. This will help trade the guy at the deadline. We are not going to make the playoffs anyway, so why put him on the bench and destroy his value? No need to sign farmer, lowery, or whoever just to increase their value in a way that wont help us.
3. Play our other young players and let them develp and play together (George, Stevenson, Rush, etc...)
4. Fire OB this year and bring in a new coach who can start to coach our young talent. Not sure who I would like. But sure M. Jackson would help to bring a buzz back to the pacers.
What do you guys think? I'm sure some of you stat guys will destroy my opinions