Thread: Anyone else on board with this idea re Pacers future?

Banned

Default Anyone else on board with this idea re Pacers future?

Pacers are gonna bring you the exact same product and roster to Conseco that they brought last year and plan to suck but play hard to help encourage our young core talent. Then, around the trade deadline we'll sell out close to all expiring deals maybe except for Dunleavy (I see him being a Pacer for life....dunno why) for a handful of young promising talent in their 3rd or 4th year and maybe a vet or two, none will be considered franchise players. We hold onto Granger to be our franchise because lets face it, whos the biggest free agent this team has ever landed? Sam Perkins, Mullin, Bryon Scott....face it Pacer fans, no one is coming here on their free will in their prime, let alone a franchise player. We must build through the draft and trade only. But back to my original point about adding 3rd and 4th year players, we'll just extend whomever via our trades and miss out on any "real" top names in 2011 and hope to develop chemistry like Reggies team could, but now its Granger and George being groomed to be our Jalen (or trade bait who knows) because we need a top 10 point guard in the league to be any good again.
    Last edited by gopacers1179; 07-02-2010 at 01:49 AM.

Default Re: Anyone else on board with this idea re Pacers future?

Well, we signed Alex English as a free agent. He's in the hall of fame now. Unfortunately we later traded him...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, we signed Alex English as a free agent. He's in the hall of fame now. Unfortunately we later traded him...
    little before my time, Im a Chuck Person era and on hometown fan. Plus, the NBA is nothing like it was back then. Now its fame, power and location for todays premier athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by gopacers1179 View Post
    Pacers are gonna bring you the exact same product and roster to Conseco that they brought last year
    We have already changed last years roster, so no I'm not aboard with this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gopacers1179 View Post
    Then, around the trade deadline we'll sell out close to all expiring deals maybe except for Dunleavy.
    Sell out? You mean trade the expirings?

I think we are stuck with Ford. We can't afford to trade him right now except for another point guard. Right now he looks like he will start the season as our starting point.

What I think the Pacers will try to with Foster, Murphy, and Dunleavy is trade one of them to a team under the cap, hopefully for a point guard making half of what they are. Then keep the other two players and let their contracts expire. That way we will be under the cap and have the money and young players to land a star.

Of course if we can get a star earlier, the Pacers would do that too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    We have already changed last years roster, so no I'm not aboard with this idea. Every team changes during an offseason, what do you mean?

Sell out? You mean trade the expirings?

I think we are stuck with Ford. We can't afford to trade him right now except for another point guard. Right now he looks like he will start the season as our starting point.

What I think the Pacers will try to with Foster, Murphy, and Dunleavy is trade one of them to a team under the cap, hopefully for a point guard making half of what they are. Then keep the other two players and let their contracts expire. That way we will be under the cap and have the money and young players to land a star.

Of course if we can get a star earlier, the Pacers would do that too.
    yes trade expiring (selling out). No need for us to have massive cap room for free agents, theyre not coming at all. No one will sign here in 2011 no matter what. We're firing O'Brian no matter what he does this year as well imo. We'll get a new, sexy coach to bait whoever we possibly can.

free agents will go where the MONEY is. we will have some good young players that will make pacers look interesting to free agents . Plus you add a new coach (was hoping for Byron Scott-not now).