AS OF 6/30/2010

PACERBLUE
    1. Mr. Sobchak
    2. Pingu
    3. QuickRelease
    Thats sad...

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Re: The Wolf Game Rules Thread

yea my visits were not wolf game related at all - i was just checking out all the eat feet commotion that was going on lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:

N8R

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I looked at my list and have no clue who a couple of them are.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

pretty amazing how many pages N8r has visited...lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:

N8R

Junior Member The Toxic Avenger's Avatar

Me and LG are one there a lot as well. Luckily for LA we weren't playing... this time!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweabs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LA,

How would *coolio* have been bumped? The "last 10 visitors to this page" are presumably the last ten people to have visited the page...but they are listed alphabetically. They are in no way listed based upon who was the 'last' person to view. There is no way of telling when those people visited.

For instance, the list as it pertains to billbradley...you keep it. Then you log onto his page with the *coolio* account, and suddenly KnicksRGarbage is gone (meaning he was the 10th last person to have viewed the page), and *coolio* takes his spot. Then what? It would take 10 entirely new people to visit that page to bump *coolio* off...

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the *coolio* account.

I did use the 10 last people to visit as a helpful reference, but I usually tracked forum behaviour as soon as someone came online and monitored. Because, as some have pointed out, the ten last to visit doesn't mean PMing - and I think many PM without ever going to that page to begin with.
    Doh! You're right - a number one listing isn't the latest to visit. Humph.

Though that wouldn't have messed up the original idea (that I quickly dropped). That idea was to create 10 user names and clear PigNash's and Miss Piggy's board - primarily to protect binarysolo. I then thought I should do that to my top 5 wolf candidates, to see if a player would pop up again, but by that time, I had BillBradley nailed, so there wasn't much point.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Piggy View Post
    As your future GM I just wanted to let you know that the infection idea is awesome! While I was at work I was thinking of how to write the story in a mafia setting. This whole infection thing could be easily implemented in to my story. I would just need a general consensus on if I'd announce it or not.

I agree that one time for the wolves is good and if the angel deflects it, tough luck. I also think that it would almost make it more interesting if the infection wasn't announced.

If this new piece of the game is added in to the story however, I will post a notice of it at the beginning of the thread, so that people aren't totally confused.
    The wolves can't infect and kill someone on the same night, correct?

If so, you might as well say "someone's been infected" because we'll all know.

I think the angel thing is a good idea.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah I was talking about it with Matt and reading what people's thoughts were about the whole infection thing.

I'm thinking the night of the infection, there won't be any kills. I might consider posting "Hey! Someone's been infected", but i almost feel like that takes some of the mystery away. Makes sense though. Augh! Why did the new cool thing to do happen when I assumed the role of GM?
    “Take nothing away from their Big Three, what they have going, but we’ll take a big five any day. That’s what we have.”- Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post

What I did NOT do is sit on a person's profile and hit refresh to see what they were doing minute to minute.

n00b!

http://www.pacersdigest.com/online.p...=1&who=members

It even refreshes for you.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I'm not really a fan of the infection idea.

Thats the same as having a priest hat can "cure" a wolf.

I've heard the game has worked for a long time wihout his idea, so why mess with what works?

Sometimes the game becomes a rout (like it did last game). That's the way basketball works, and that's the way the wolf game works too.
    Last edited by Los Angeles; 07-02-2010 at 10:55 PM.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It'd be awfully boring to lose your special role by being cured lol.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

I think it's at least an idea worth trying. It gives humans an incentive they didn't have before, to keep that you are human for sure maybe under wraps because you might get turned into a wolf, so you'd betray all of your human friends. It's an interesting idea, let's see if it works.

All the wolves have to do is turn a human every single turn.

Game over.

If it's limited to one "turn" for the entire game, well then maybe. even then that's like a basketball game. If you're down by 20 at the half, should you really be allowed to perform a magic trick and score 15 points?

Mood

It's a one time thing. Wolves don't have a bomb that can go off. A Ms. Piggy knows two wolves kind of thing. I think giving them one bomb to use might balance it a bit without restricting what humans do too artificially. Humans could come out as proxies for the seer, but then they might get turned, or who they say isn't a wolf gets turned, and suddenly they don't look so good anymore.

*coolio*

This is a great thread.

Five stars.

LA - My issue (longterm) with your strategy (keeping in mind again I used similar tools and calculations) is that, really, you're not supposed to be able to have any technological edge to this game. That alone distorts the intended gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    LA - My issue (longterm) with your strategy (keeping in mind again I used similar tools and calculations) is that, really, you're not supposed to be able to have any technological edge to this game. That alone distorts the intended gameplay.
    I'm not at all advocating my gameplay - I was using the resources available to me, jsut as you were.

I have no problem whatsoever getting rid of that advantage.

The only thing I've argued against is the "infection" idea.

When one side has lost, we just have to keep on playing? That doesn't make sense.

Ah, I skipped most of the thread. It's an interesting idea that's worth incorporating. The only way to find out if a new twist doesn't work is by trying it, right?

Let's look at this in terms of game theory.

Odds are that the first day and night, and likely the second day and night, you're going to be down 4 humans. That leaves 17 players. 4 wolves, 1 seer, 1 angel, 11 humans. that's the moment that the wolves should use their infection.

Now you've got 5 wolves, 1 seer, 1 angel, 10 humans. That's hideously lopsided.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Piggy View Post
    Yeah I was talking about it with Matt and reading what people's thoughts were about the whole infection thing.

I'm thinking the night of the infection, there won't be any kills. I might consider posting "Hey! Someone's been infected", but i almost feel like that takes some of the mystery away. Makes sense though. Augh! Why did the new cool thing to do happen when I assumed the role of GM?
    Well, if no one dies that night, then it'll be obvious an infection occurred So really, it's just however you want to write the story.

I don't think wolves should get to turn someone and kill someone in the same night, imo, that's too much. But as said before, it gives insentive for humans to be wary of how much info the present, as well as the seer and angel.

All the wolves have to do is turn a human every single turn.

Game over.
    Seriously how many times do I have to say it can only be used once? This is like the 4th time...I'd be fine with people criticizing the idea if I felt like they were actually reading what I was suggesting....I'm grumpy.

Odds are that the first day and night, and likely the second day and night, you're going to be down 4 humans. That leaves 17 players. 4 wolves, 1 seer, 1 angel, 11 humans. that's the moment that the wolves should use their infection.

We had a 4 wolves, 1 seer, 11 humans advantage when the game turned against us last time. I wouldn't say it's hideously lopsided at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Seriously how many times do I have to say it can only be used once? This is like the 4th time...I'd be fine with people criticizing the idea if I felt like they were actually reading what I was suggesting....I'm grumpy.
    I've clarified my understanding in subsequent posts, my fellow thorough reader.

Junior Member The Toxic Avenger's Avatar

It would be lopsided if the angel couldn't still save someone! Therefore wasting the one 'infection' the wolves get and saving that human. Even if the wolves try to infect the angel or seer we've all but agreed that they would die instead of turning sides.

Plus the seer would have seen 2 people by then and the three of them could have some idea of who the wolves are... especially if he's seen a wolf.

I agree that it could go wrong but I'd still like to try it out and see. If its way too powerful we can take it out.