Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 177

Thread: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    the only difference between tyreke evans and lance stephenson is mentality...you teach lance how to become a team player without the enormous ego, then there's no reason he can't become a similar player. he sure as hell has the talent for it...

  2. #52
    The Ancient One woowoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    8
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Mark Patrick and Conrad Brunner discuss Lance at the 7 min mark

    http://www.wnde.com/mediaplayer/?sta..._name=mpos.xml

    Mark Patrick and Lance

    http://www.wnde.com/mediaplayer/?sta..._name=mpos.xml

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to woowoo For This Useful Post:


  4. #53
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Hey, why the hell not? If he could develop into a PG you'll have one hell of a player. He has a lot of growing to do and I think a huge reason he dropped is that Cincy leaned on him a little too much, too early. If that kid goes to Duke or Michigan State he is brought along more slowly and his mistakes aren't so glaring. So I really don't see why we wouldn't give it a shot.

    I think the biggest thing with Lance is he wants the ball in his hands. Last year at Cincy he averaged less than 11 shots a game in just under 30 minutes. He also had 8 games with 4+ assists, which for a freshman 2 guard is pretty impressive, and his college coach on the radio the other day said he was a great passer. So I think his rep as a gun is a little unwarranted.

  5. #54

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Didn't the Pacers once have a big strong point guard who liked to post up his verticially challenged peers? I think his name was Mark Jackson. Was he a decent player?

    I also love this kid's attituede. The Pacers are in desperate need of a player with the confidence to take the ball inside. Your never going to be the best at anything unless you think you can be. Give him a chance.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to jpc For This Useful Post:


  7. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, why the hell not? If he could develop into a PG you'll have one hell of a player. He has a lot of growing to do and I think a huge reason he dropped is that Cincy leaned on him a little too much, too early. If that kid goes to Duke or Michigan State he is brought along more slowly and his mistakes aren't so glaring. So I really don't see why we wouldn't give it a shot.

    I think the biggest thing with Lance is he wants the ball in his hands. Last year at Cincy he averaged less than 11 shots a game in just under 30 minutes. He also had 8 games with 4+ assists, which for a freshman 2 guard is pretty impressive, and his college coach on the radio the other day said he was a great passer. So I think his rep as a gun is a little unwarranted.
    He was also dumped from Team USA's 18 and under team because he was such a ball hog. I hope he's learned from his past mistakes because I get some bad Steve "Franchise" Francis vibes from reading about the problems he's had. "Starbury" is another guy who had talent but couldn't get past personality issues. I don't think Stephenson is as much of a risk as those guys, but let's not ignore red flags completely just because he was drafted by our team. I think he'll be OK if he humbles himself a bit. A good torching by an elite NBA player would probably help him get his priorities in gear so he stops thinking he's going to be the All-Stars East starting PG and begin thinking about how he can earn a chance to come off the bench for the Pacers.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyPacer For This Useful Post:


  9. #56
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,078
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Did you like Flip at Point? Do you want a slower more inexperienced Flip?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  11. #57
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you like Flip at Point? Do you want a slower more inexperienced Flip?
    Actually, yes. I preferred Flip to TJ.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  13. #58

    Cool Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem he's had his entire life is he's too ball dominant. He's a shoot first, pass second type of player, or at least he was at Cincy.

    Larry seems to think his attitude has changed though, and if he wants to be a team player, there's no reason why he can't be a dominant point guard.

    If you heard OB's recent comments before and after the first Summer League practice, he WANTS his starting PG to look for his shot FIRST and then PASS second. This comment took me by surprise since most posters (myself included) thought he pulled TJ Ford for this exact reason. But, in OBIE's offense, it makes sense. If you PG is running and get to the rim, he SHOULD take it to the rim hard. Lance has these exact qualities. He's a dominant, physical, freak, who will take it hard to the hole and get the foul. He's a good free throw shooter so he'll score 20pts plus (high percentage) each night because there aren't many BIG point guards in this league. He'll also match up with Derrick Rose and Rajon Rando but they may be a little quicker than him. That's okay because they'll have to deal with his size and strength on the opposite end. This should make for EXCITING basketball if it plays out that Lance is INSTINCTIVE (as he thinks he is) in making the right play at the right time on 95% of each possession. Defensively, he'll be a nightmare to opposing PGs and SGs with his size and strength. He'll UPGRADE our defensive presence and will be able to get strips and steals against opposing SF and PF when he's close enough to help out on defense. Hibbert and Murph will love his size and tenacity and help ability. I'm amazed at his superb confidence and instinctiveness for the game thus far. Lance has played against the BEST high schoolers who are NOW in the NBA (when he was a young as 8th Grade, i.e. OJ Mayo) so he knows that he's got a much game as they do. As the negative press is a joke. There are too many HATERS who are just jealous of his skill level and nitpick his game to death. Lance will be a STEAL of this DRAFT and may be an ALL-STAR before Paul George.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TooBigNdaPaint For This Useful Post:


  15. #59
    Member thewholefnshow31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,270

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by millertime90 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the only difference between tyreke evans and lance stephenson is mentality...you teach lance how to become a team player without the enormous ego, then there's no reason he can't become a similar player. he sure as hell has the talent for it...
    You cannot teach that. Either a player gets or he does not get. That is the big worry about Stephenson and that is why I do not have high hopes for him. Hopefully he gets his head straight and is not a problem, but I am not going to hold my breath.

  16. #60
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,198

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you like Flip at Point? Do you want a slower more inexperienced Flip?
    If this works you have something special. If it does not you have lost nothing. Mark Jackson was not exactly fleet of foot or a great defender but he sure could play the point at his size.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  17. #61

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    We've seen this experiment time and time again in the NBA, and it never, ever works. Exhibit A: Larry Hughes.

    Then there was Marquis Daniels at PG.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  19. #62
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,555
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Isiah and Jalen thought that Jalen could play pg in the "Quick", too. That worked out great, too, didn't it? The difference, though, is the fact that Jalen was a very skilled scorer at the NBA level prior to conducting Isiah's experiment. Stephenson may or may not be skilled enough to even make the team.

    The weird thing is that O'B's statements regarding Stephenson even confirm his strategy that has a primary focus of having a scoring first pg who only looks to pass when he is cut off from an easy score. Exactly like TJ and all of the other guards who have played for O'B in the past have played, with Allen Iverson serving as his prototype for what a pg is supposed to be.

    I would rather see Dunleavy play pg than anybody we have, now, because he may have the courage to stand up to O'B and install a passing game starting at the point. I know he would be hopeless on defense, but we don't play much defense with O'B as coach anyway, so who cares?

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  21. #63
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Tyreke Evans is not a PG.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:


  23. #64
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by woowoo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mark Patrick and Conrad Brunner discuss Lance at the 7 min mark

    http://www.wnde.com/mediaplayer/?sta..._name=mpos.xml

    Mark Patrick and Lance

    http://www.wnde.com/mediaplayer/?sta..._name=mpos.xml
    In the interview with Conrad, he says that Bird brought in Kramer for the workout specifically to challenge Stephenson. Then he says that Stephenson picked apart everyone in that workout.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:


  25. #65
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyreke Evans is not a PG.
    And if he and Wade aren't, neither is Lance.

    I'm intrigued only in that he's new and it might be a better fit in this system than in most, but in the end, this guy will be a SG long-term in all likelihood.

    But I'm cool with trying him at the 1 for a bit.

  26. #66
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if he and Wade aren't, neither is Lance.

    I'm intrigued only in that he's new and it might be a better fit in this system than in most, but in the end, this guy will be a SG long-term in all likelihood.

    But I'm cool with trying him at the 1 for a bit.
    The term '0 guard' really needs to be more recognized by most NBA fans. We need a term to talk about the Kobe/Roy/Turner/Evans/Wade players as they seem to be coming along much more often these days.

    Then we can start talking about guys like Fisher as '0 guard PG's'.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  27. #67
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    A nice article by Wells on Stephenson. Looks like JOB wants him to be a shoot first guard, and I am sure shoot the threes as well...

    http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...-or-a-headache
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  28. #68
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,936

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    I haven't seen this mentioned before but I don't think it deserves a new thread. Apparently Lance has been sidelined with a foot injury for several practices by now. The details weren't very specific but I don't imagine it to be serious at all.

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/web_100702.html

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:


  30. #69
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't seen this mentioned before but I don't think it deserves a new thread. Apparently Lance has been sidelined with a foot injury for several practices by now. The details weren't very specific but I don't imagine it to be serious at all.

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/web_100702.html
    Yo thanks a million, that is why he is in the new scrimmage video1
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  31. #70

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo thanks a million, that is why he is in the new scrimmage video1
    Nice scrimmage but I didn't see that much domination by Magnum Rolle as Obie had stated after this particular scrimmage. Not sure what he was seeing on this video but Rolle played okay although I believe he's definitely a keeper and will provide much need athleticism for the Pacers when we need to match up against some of the more athletic BIGs in the Eastern Conference.

    Also, I'm trying not to be too picky but Josh McRoberts still can't shoot a lick. I'm sure his legs were dead. He had mentioned that he was NOT training for Summer League play and liken playing in Summer League (without training up) like walking around the block one day and then being asked to run the Marathon the next day. Poor Josh but as he said.....he's a basketball player and he's loves to play whenever the opportunity arises.

    The only un-drafted player that caught my eye and who seems to score consistently from all over the court is the French PG Thomas Huertel. This guy has got some game and I can see why he was the MVP of the Adidas Eurocamp this year. He doesn't seem to be exceptionally quick laterally on the defensive end but he's sneaky quick on offense, has got a good handle, and has a good feel for both passing or shooting it from anywhere on the court. He may be somebody that the Pacers want to keep if the opportunity presents itself. We could use his scoring and craftiness on offense. We'll see if he has NBA type skills when they start playing next week in Summer League. I hope Obie gives him an opportunity to play major minutes. He may be a sleeper for us.

    Hopefully, someone will give us a medical update on Lance. I really wanted to see him play full court today. Paul George looked smooth on offense and has some game as well. He's got a real fluid jump shot and his size on defense definitely keeps his man thinking about coming inside when guarded by Paul.
    Last edited by TooBigNdaPaint; 07-02-2010 at 06:02 PM.

  32. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,150

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then there was Marquis Daniels at PG.
    Lets not forget out own beloved George McLeod!
    Gonna revolutionize the position.
    Look, I love the enthusiasm. to a degree. But nobodies seen the guy play a minute and yet all kinds of assumptions and expectations are running rampant across this site. Can a 6'5 225lb guy play pg? With less than average athleticisim for a TWO guard???????
    C'mon.........

  33. #72
    Never Quit. Coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by MLB007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can a 6'5 225lb guy play pg? With less than average athleticisim for a TWO guard???????
    C'mon.........
    I'm not sold on Stephenson playing PG yet either. But, he did have a better vertical, longer wingspan, and faster agility times than Mikhail Torrance (6'5" 210lbs), who many on here wanted us to pick in the 2nd round as a PG. He also beat out Avery Bradley with his agility time, and one of Bradley's biggest strengths coming into the draft was his elite athleticism.

    Obviously doesn't mean anything. I thought it was interesting to note as a comparison though.
    Last edited by Coop; 07-02-2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Added info

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Coop For This Useful Post:


  35. #73
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,150

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    I fully understand the need to improve the talent on this team. I understand the concern is that this is a team of milk drinkers and we need some arrogance, aggressiveness and swagger. The dude will also bring some toughness which...except for Tyler H...this team lacks. Lance is also clearly a natural gamer. I get all of that. But I still cannot believe the Pacers pulled the trigger on him regardless of what a PI happened to not find.

    Here are the excerpts that have me concerned:

    Stephenson was charged with sexual abuse after being accused of groping a girl at a bus stop near his high school during his senior year.

    When was this? Last year? Maybe 18 months ago? Yeh...no conviction...so let's just forget about that one....

    ...and this:

    He also was cut from the Team USA 18-and- under team because of chemistry concerns....."The question is what was happening with those other four guys on the court when Lance is on the court? Five percent of the game is played with the ball in your hands. The other 95 percent is played without the ball in your hands. Lance had to work on that. We try to implement the team concept of passing more than dribbling."

    Keep in mind this is a guy comparing himself to DWade before he's sniffed a dollar of NBA money. Wait until he is making millions. These are things that simply don't change easily...and sometimes never in their lives. This is the telltale Marbury/Tinsley selfish-ball that we all know and hate.

    ...and this:

    Stephenson led Lincoln High School, which also produced Stephon Marbury and Sebastian Telfair, to four straight city championships.

    Who is this? Another Marbury? Now the pieces fall into place.

    But the worse part is if Lance pans out at PG. What happens when you have to re-sign him? I suppose he may represent a trading asset.....so I guess that is something to stand on. But I just cannot imagine signing a multi-year million dollar contract with a guy that has that resume' AFTER seeing a tremendous basketball franchise be decimated by character issues. We have this to look forward to while wondering when IMPD is going to get their first arrest.

    If your argument is that "after all, he doesn't have a guaranteed contract", I guess that helps...but where is the benefit of drafting him? You don't draft a guy and expect him to fall flat on his face. If he succeeds, who signs him to his multi-million dollar contract? Personally, I don't think the Pacers can take a risk on him. The only alternative is to trade the asset and it would be a fire sale.

  36. #74
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by TooBigNdaPaint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you heard OB's recent comments before and after the first Summer League practice, he WANTS his starting PG to look for his shot FIRST and then PASS second. This comment took me by surprise since most posters (myself included) thought he pulled TJ Ford for this exact reason. But, in OBIE's offense, it makes sense. If you PG is running and get to the rim, he SHOULD take it to the rim hard. Lance has these exact qualities.
    And with Brandon Rush as your starting SG, at least as of right now, I think those qualities are magnified a little. You can't have 2 passive guards. Guys have got to be more assertive. I think the key here is Lance learning a good shot from a bad one, and a good pass from a bad one. Sure he was let go off Team USA, but I don't really think that has anything to do with the future. That was him then, as an extremely young player with a lot to learn. Why not give him a chance? What do we have to lose? If it doesn't work out, back to SG he goes. But the potential of him at PG with his size and handles is worth a look.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I fully understand the need to improve the talent on this team. I understand the concern is that this is a team of milk drinkers and we need some arrogance, aggressiveness and swagger. The dude will also bring some toughness which...except for Tyler H...this team lacks. Lance is also clearly a natural gamer. I get all of that. But I still cannot believe the Pacers pulled the trigger on him regardless of what a PI happened to not find.

    Here are the excerpts that have me concerned:

    Stephenson was charged with sexual abuse after being accused of groping a girl at a bus stop near his high school during his senior year.

    When was this? Last year? Maybe 18 months ago? Yeh...no conviction...so let's just forget about that one....

    ...and this:

    He also was cut from the Team USA 18-and- under team because of chemistry concerns....."The question is what was happening with those other four guys on the court when Lance is on the court? Five percent of the game is played with the ball in your hands. The other 95 percent is played without the ball in your hands. Lance had to work on that. We try to implement the team concept of passing more than dribbling."

    Keep in mind this is a guy comparing himself to DWade before he's sniffed a dollar of NBA money. Wait until he is making millions. These are things that simply don't change easily...and sometimes never in their lives. This is the telltale Marbury/Tinsley selfish-ball that we all know and hate.

    ...and this:

    Stephenson led Lincoln High School, which also produced Stephon Marbury and Sebastian Telfair, to four straight city championships.

    Who is this? Another Marbury? Now the pieces fall into place.

    But the worse part is if Lance pans out at PG. What happens when you have to re-sign him? I suppose he may represent a trading asset.....so I guess that is something to stand on. But I just cannot imagine signing a multi-year million dollar contract with a guy that has that resume' AFTER seeing a tremendous basketball franchise be decimated by character issues. We have this to look forward to while wondering when IMPD is going to get their first arrest.

    If your argument is that "after all, he doesn't have a guaranteed contract", I guess that helps...but where is the benefit of drafting him? You don't draft a guy and expect him to fall flat on his face. If he succeeds, who signs him to his multi-million dollar contract? Personally, I don't think the Pacers can take a risk on him. The only alternative is to trade the asset and it would be a fire sale.
    I think people should stop writing people off for mistakes they have made as kids. He is a human being, and human beings make mistakes. It's easy for us to sit here and criticize people. But none of us know what it's like to have people doing news stories about you as an 8th grader and constantly showering you with praise every step of your development. It has an affect on your mindset. I think we were all a lot different as 17-19 year olds than we were at 24-25 year olds. So lets hold off the criticism until the kid at least gets a fair shake at growing up. These guys live in a different world than we do, and experience a side of life most of us have no clue about. A lot of people have overcame a lot more than ego problems, so I don't see any reason to feel Lance can't overcome what ever issues he may have.

    Sure, we are all a little concerned with some things in his past. But who knows? For a second round pick he has great potential. I think we should all be excited about that.
    Last edited by Taterhead; 07-02-2010 at 08:21 PM.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:


  38. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,150

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sold on Stephenson playing PG yet either. But, he did have a better vertical, longer wingspan, and faster agility times than Mikhail Torrance (6'5" 210lbs), who many on here wanted us to pick in the 2nd round as a PG. He also beat out Avery Bradley with his agility time, and one of Bradley's biggest strengths coming into the draft was his elite athleticism.

    Obviously doesn't mean anything. I thought it was interesting to note as a comparison though.
    Yeh that is interesting. And contrary to the negative athletic reports I read about him. hmmm
    I did see somewhere that he appeared to be in better shape for the NBA camps than he was in college. 20 lbs would make an awfully big difference in athleticism at that level I would think. ??

Similar Threads

  1. The PD NBA Draft - #10 Milwaukee
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 09:36 AM
  2. The PD NBA Draft - #6 Minnesota
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 08:24 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 09:42 AM
  4. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 2
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 09:42 PM
  5. The PD NBA Draft - Selection #2 - Miami
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 03:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •