Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 177

Thread: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Obviously it's early in the process for us to know anything for sure. But I wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were on Lance possibly being our point guard of the future? How many of you think he has the tools to do it? It has been mentioned before by some here, so I wanted to revisit the idea. When I watched the latest episode of Pacers Crate with Magnum and Lance, he mentions he thinks that the point is the best position for him.

    The problem for me is there is nothing to really go on, in terms of him playing the position, but it looks like the Pacers will try him out there in Summer League, which gives us all something to really check out. I would love it he did work out to be a PG, he is big and can pass the ball and get to the rim, but will he be a pass first point guard or a score first point guard? Anyone out there that watched him in Cincy with thoughts on him playing PG?

    I know we are still going to try to find someone on the market, but none of the guys mentioned really get me excited. Anyways, let's talk about it: Lance at the point!
    Last edited by odeez; 07-01-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to odeez For This Useful Post:


  3. #2

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Are you sure O'Brien won't stick Dunleavy or Murphy at the point? I mean Lance can't hit the three at a high enough clip and shooting three's is what it's all about right?

  4. #3

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Point guard of the future. I doubt it. He's not actually a point guard. However, if need be he could play point. I'm opposed to putting players out of position though.

    He's a decent passer, and a good ball handler. Not that great of a shooter. Possible 0 guard.

    What is it with this organization and making players play out of position. Just a heads up, Dahntay Jones is going to be much more effective at the SG position than the PF one. Dun is going to be much more effective at the SG or SF spot than the PF spot. Watson and Price are point guards not shooting guards ect...

    Having him run the PG spot in Summer league definitely makes sense. Paul George is an SG/SF and we don't really have a PG in camp. Plus you get to see if he can handle it until AJ gets back. Gives us more options if he's capable. Gut feeling is he'll make a much better SG than PG though..
    Last edited by Sookie; 07-01-2010 at 04:55 PM.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Point guard of the future.

    I doubt it. He's not actually a point guard. However, if need be he could be a point guard.

    He's a decent passer, and a good ball handler. Not that great of a shooter.

    What is it with this organization and making players play out of position.
    I know he didn't play the point in college, but he seems to think he can play the position. It's worth a look at least.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  7. #5
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,604

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    The problem he's had his entire life is he's too ball dominant. He's a shoot first, pass second type of player, or at least he was at Cincy.

    Larry seems to think his attitude has changed though, and if he wants to be a team player, there's no reason why he can't be a dominant point guard.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,947

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem he's had his entire life is he's too ball dominant. He's a shoot first, pass second type of player, or at least he was at Cincy.

    Larry seems to think his attitude has changed though, and if he wants to be a team player, there's no reason why he can't be a dominant point guard.
    I don't trust LB's judgment of players.

  10. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,150

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem he's had his entire life is he's too ball dominant. He's a shoot first, pass second type of player, or at least he was at Cincy.

    Larry seems to think his attitude has changed though, and if he wants to be a team player, there's no reason why he can't be a dominant point guard.
    Well, yes actually there IS. His apparent lack of athleticism would seem to eliminate a 6'5" (stocky) guy from guarding world class quick point guards.

  11. #8

    Cool Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem he's had his entire life is he's too ball dominant. He's a shoot first, pass second type of player, or at least he was at Cincy.

    Larry seems to think his attitude has changed though, and if he wants to be a team player, there's no reason why he can't be a dominant point guard.

    If you heard OB's recent comments before and after the first Summer League practice, he WANTS his starting PG to look for his shot FIRST and then PASS second. This comment took me by surprise since most posters (myself included) thought he pulled TJ Ford for this exact reason. But, in OBIE's offense, it makes sense. If you PG is running and get to the rim, he SHOULD take it to the rim hard. Lance has these exact qualities. He's a dominant, physical, freak, who will take it hard to the hole and get the foul. He's a good free throw shooter so he'll score 20pts plus (high percentage) each night because there aren't many BIG point guards in this league. He'll also match up with Derrick Rose and Rajon Rando but they may be a little quicker than him. That's okay because they'll have to deal with his size and strength on the opposite end. This should make for EXCITING basketball if it plays out that Lance is INSTINCTIVE (as he thinks he is) in making the right play at the right time on 95% of each possession. Defensively, he'll be a nightmare to opposing PGs and SGs with his size and strength. He'll UPGRADE our defensive presence and will be able to get strips and steals against opposing SF and PF when he's close enough to help out on defense. Hibbert and Murph will love his size and tenacity and help ability. I'm amazed at his superb confidence and instinctiveness for the game thus far. Lance has played against the BEST high schoolers who are NOW in the NBA (when he was a young as 8th Grade, i.e. OJ Mayo) so he knows that he's got a much game as they do. As the negative press is a joke. There are too many HATERS who are just jealous of his skill level and nitpick his game to death. Lance will be a STEAL of this DRAFT and may be an ALL-STAR before Paul George.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TooBigNdaPaint For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,356

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by TooBigNdaPaint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you heard OB's recent comments before and after the first Summer League practice, he WANTS his starting PG to look for his shot FIRST and then PASS second. This comment took me by surprise since most posters (myself included) thought he pulled TJ Ford for this exact reason. But, in OBIE's offense, it makes sense. If you PG is running and get to the rim, he SHOULD take it to the rim hard. Lance has these exact qualities.
    And with Brandon Rush as your starting SG, at least as of right now, I think those qualities are magnified a little. You can't have 2 passive guards. Guys have got to be more assertive. I think the key here is Lance learning a good shot from a bad one, and a good pass from a bad one. Sure he was let go off Team USA, but I don't really think that has anything to do with the future. That was him then, as an extremely young player with a lot to learn. Why not give him a chance? What do we have to lose? If it doesn't work out, back to SG he goes. But the potential of him at PG with his size and handles is worth a look.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I fully understand the need to improve the talent on this team. I understand the concern is that this is a team of milk drinkers and we need some arrogance, aggressiveness and swagger. The dude will also bring some toughness which...except for Tyler H...this team lacks. Lance is also clearly a natural gamer. I get all of that. But I still cannot believe the Pacers pulled the trigger on him regardless of what a PI happened to not find.

    Here are the excerpts that have me concerned:

    Stephenson was charged with sexual abuse after being accused of groping a girl at a bus stop near his high school during his senior year.

    When was this? Last year? Maybe 18 months ago? Yeh...no conviction...so let's just forget about that one....

    ...and this:

    He also was cut from the Team USA 18-and- under team because of chemistry concerns....."The question is what was happening with those other four guys on the court when Lance is on the court? Five percent of the game is played with the ball in your hands. The other 95 percent is played without the ball in your hands. Lance had to work on that. We try to implement the team concept of passing more than dribbling."

    Keep in mind this is a guy comparing himself to DWade before he's sniffed a dollar of NBA money. Wait until he is making millions. These are things that simply don't change easily...and sometimes never in their lives. This is the telltale Marbury/Tinsley selfish-ball that we all know and hate.

    ...and this:

    Stephenson led Lincoln High School, which also produced Stephon Marbury and Sebastian Telfair, to four straight city championships.

    Who is this? Another Marbury? Now the pieces fall into place.

    But the worse part is if Lance pans out at PG. What happens when you have to re-sign him? I suppose he may represent a trading asset.....so I guess that is something to stand on. But I just cannot imagine signing a multi-year million dollar contract with a guy that has that resume' AFTER seeing a tremendous basketball franchise be decimated by character issues. We have this to look forward to while wondering when IMPD is going to get their first arrest.

    If your argument is that "after all, he doesn't have a guaranteed contract", I guess that helps...but where is the benefit of drafting him? You don't draft a guy and expect him to fall flat on his face. If he succeeds, who signs him to his multi-million dollar contract? Personally, I don't think the Pacers can take a risk on him. The only alternative is to trade the asset and it would be a fire sale.
    I think people should stop writing people off for mistakes they have made as kids. He is a human being, and human beings make mistakes. It's easy for us to sit here and criticize people. But none of us know what it's like to have people doing news stories about you as an 8th grader and constantly showering you with praise every step of your development. It has an affect on your mindset. I think we were all a lot different as 17-19 year olds than we were at 24-25 year olds. So lets hold off the criticism until the kid at least gets a fair shake at growing up. These guys live in a different world than we do, and experience a side of life most of us have no clue about. A lot of people have overcame a lot more than ego problems, so I don't see any reason to feel Lance can't overcome what ever issues he may have.

    Sure, we are all a little concerned with some things in his past. But who knows? For a second round pick he has great potential. I think we should all be excited about that.
    Last edited by Taterhead; 07-02-2010 at 08:21 PM.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:


  15. #10

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know he didn't play the point in college, but he seems to think he can play the position. It's worth a look at least.
    Oh yea, it definitely worth a look, and we don't really have a better option in camp.

    But Ben Gordon thought he was a point guard too...

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  17. #11
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,766

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    not knocking on Lance or anything (actually, i LOVE him to death, as you guys may have realized,) but it just seems like he tells people what they want to hear
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  18. #12
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not knocking on Lance or anything (actually, i LOVE him to death, as you guys may have realized,) but it just seems like he tells people what they want to hear
    Hmmm, thanks, yeah not thrilled with the way he answers questions, he does seem to say what you want to hear, but not every player has great sound bites...
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  19. #13

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmmm, thanks, yeah not thrilled with the way he answers questions, he does seem to say what you want to hear, but not every player has great sound bites...
    A lot of players do that, especially young ones.

  20. #14
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,225
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    I remember mentioning this a long time ago when he was drafted that they would try him out as point and hope for a Tyreke Evans type player, many thought I wrong but I guess I was on the right track.

    I think that if he can control his turnover issues, and obtains a pg mentality then he may actually start a few games at PG this season... near the end that is... here is the starting line up that I fell we will have by the beginning and end of the season...


    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I think

    Starting out it will be
    1 Ford
    2 Rush
    3 Granger
    4 Murphy
    5 Hibbert

    By the end it will be

    1 Stevenson
    2 George
    3 Granger
    4 Hansbrough
    5 Hibbert

    I think Ford and Murphy will be traded by the end of the season, and Bird OBrien will try Stevenson at the 1....Rush will be a good 6th man
    Then I switched McRoberts for Hansbrough as an after though... this is assuming we trade ford and Murphy, and I didn't take into account who we may trade for. It may not happen but I don't think that it is unconceivable...

  21. #15
    The Ancient One woowoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    8
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Pippen, Jordan, and Harper all played some point for the Bulls back in the day. It is certainly possible....

  22. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    I been saying since they drafted him that the pacers want him to play the point, I think he has the tools to be one.

  23. #17
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Listening to JMV, Lance comparing himself to Dwayne Wade... we could only hope!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  24. #18
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Listening to JMV, Lance comparing himself to Dwayne Wade... we could only hope!
    That worries me. Anyone picked in the 2nd round probably shouldn't be thinking that highly of themselves. Goes along with the idea of self entitlement I've heard about him, however.

    I didn't hear how it was said, or the context, but to me he should just be talking about working his *** off to be sure he makes the team, or to prove all the people who didn't draft him wrong. Not how he compares to an All NBA player.

  25. #19
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That worries me. Anyone picked in the 2nd round probably shouldn't be thinking that highly of themselves. Goes along with the idea of self entitlement I've heard about him, however.

    I didn't hear how it was said, or the context, but to me he should just be talking about working his *** off to be sure he makes the team, or to prove all the people who didn't draft him wrong. Not how he compares to an All NBA player.
    Yeah, sorry, the context was JMV asked him who he would compare himself to in the NBA. Lance said Wade, because he is a leader, makes great plays, and is a great player... that's not verbatim, but in general that is what he said...
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  26. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That worries me. Anyone picked in the 2nd round probably shouldn't be thinking that highly of themselves. Goes along with the idea of self entitlement I've heard about him, however.

    I didn't hear how it was said, or the context, but to me he should just be talking about working his *** off to be sure he makes the team, or to prove all the people who didn't draft him wrong. Not how he compares to an All NBA player.
    That wasn't out of context or misquoted, either. In another interview I watched, he said that he expects to be an All-Star in a few years from now. He appears to really believe this. What I've seen in interviews has bothered me a bit. He strikes me as being too immature to be in the NBA right now, and this is doubly distrubing considering that people on this board want him to run the team's offense and make the big on-court decisions for the team.

    I'm not trying to be too hard on him, nor do I dispute that he was probably well worth the risk at 40. I am well aware that he's young and has potential to grow into a very good player. I'm just saying that I have concerns about his level of readiness RIGHT NOW. Everyone is looking at his powerful physique, but I'm not convinced that his brain has caught up to his body.
    Last edited by IndyPacer; 07-01-2010 at 07:29 PM.

  27. #21
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,225
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Oh and what he brings to the PG position could be very good adding another dimension. No he wouldn't be the typical pg but his mid range game is pretty good... It is always good to have a PG that is willing to take it in, and take a little contact and kick it out to Granger, Rush, Murphy, George for the 3.

    I guess we will see how he does in summer league...

  28. #22
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    I think he has enough ball handling, basketball IQ/savvy, and play making skills to be a PG... just needs to loose the selfishness he was known for...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  30. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,150

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Filling in the Blanks: NCAA Scouting Reports
    April 28, 2010
    Kyle Nelson

    Toward the end of his freshman season, Cincinnati shooting guard Lance Stephenson surprisingly announced that he would return for his sophomore year. Weeks later, he shocked few when he reneged on that announcement and entered the NBA Draft with an agent (reportedly his lawyer, Alberto Ebanks). While Stephenson always seemed like a one-and-done player, he had a subpar freshman season that exposed many of his flaws and showed the limit of his potential.

    Physically speaking, Stephenson has solid height for an NBA shooting guard at 6-5 with good length and a strong frame. As was the case in high school, he relies on his strength to overpower weaker players and compensate for his lack of athleticism. From a conditioning standpoint, he did not appear to be in ideal shape this past season, likely carrying an extra 10-15 pounds on his thick frame. He is quick in the open floor, but lacks the explosiveness and lateral quickness expected from wings (!!!! if he ain't quick enough for WINGS......)
    at the next level.
    While he will continue to work on his strength and conditioning, there is no doubt that Stephenson is a below average athlete in the NBA.

    His offensive skill set, which is heavily reliant on isolations and muscling his way to the basket, will probably have to be adapted at the next level, given his lack of explosiveness and quickness. While Stephenson’s touch around the basket is not bad, his overall shooting during his freshman season was extremely poor. He shot a dismal 21.9% from beyond the arc, converted under 50% from inside the arc and made just 66% of his foul shots.

    On film, his shooting motion with his feet set is not terrible. He has a fairly fluid motion and release. But he has issues with excess lower body movement, and when he shoots off the dribble, his mechanics are less consistent and he has a tendency to fade away while shooting.

    The biggest issue here is Stephenson’s decision making. He settles for bad shot after bad shot, in spite of miserable percentages and open teammates. He seems to lack any sort of understanding of shot selection. Even when his shots were not falling, he forced the issue and, if his teammates sought their own offense, he tended to pout and fade into the background. This is likely the primary cause for concern from NBA scouts, as Stephenson has never really shown the ability to play team-oriented basketball and could certainly have issues adapting to a situation where he’s simply a role player.

    Stephenson does a good job of creating space off the dribble, showing solid ball-handling skills for his size. The effectiveness of his mid-range game suffers due to his poor shot selection, but he has shown an ability to find shots inside the arc and pull up off the dribble. Similarly, he was at his best last season when he attacked the basket both in transition and in half court situations, where he could use his size and strength to his advantage. He must improve his willingness to find the open man, though, as his tunnel vision often results in offensive fouls and untimely turnovers.

    Though Cincinnati did not field the most competitive or disciplined team last season, Stephenson’s lack of offensive efficiency and selfish style of play have been omnipresent throughout his career. During workouts, he must somehow convince scouts that he is capable of playing team-oriented basketball and has the ability to produce efficiently in a smaller role. As we have written before, Stephenson possesses NBA-caliber scoring abilities. His average athleticism and questionable decision making ability, however, may force him to work his way up through the D-League first.

    On the defensive end, Stephenson did a decent job at Cinncinati, but his lack of lateral quickness limits his potential in this area at the next level. He will struggle to guard bigger and more athletic guards in the NBA, though his strength and length will likely work in his favor. His strong frame also helps him on the boards, where he averages 7.5 rebounds per 40 minutes, pace adjusted -- solid numbers for a wing player.

    His behavior off of the court has also been a well-documented issue in recent years. He stayed out of trouble at Cincinnati, but he has accumulated quite a collection of red flags during his brief time as an amateur basketball player. Any NBA team that considers drafting him will have to do extensive research about his background, and decipher why he was in such a big rush to leave Cincinnati after such a sub-par freshman season.

    While there are a tremendous amount of obstacles in his way, Stephenson still has the potential to be a contributor at the next level at some point down the road. While his lack of explosiveness and mediocre shot selection are areas of significant concern, he has good scoring instincts and a decent offensive repertoire. Stephenson is sure to be one of the most controversial players in the draft. There is no guarantee that he will even be picked, but he may be able to carve out a career for himself regardless, a la Stephen Jackson

    From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...#ixzz0sT7mupMo
    http://www.draftexpress.com

  31. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,150

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    2010 Draft Profile - Lance Stephenson
    STRENGTHS: Lance is a big, strong, mobile and athletic scorer with an unquestionable scorer's mentality which has served him well in high school as well as at the University of Cincinnati. The Big East as well as non-conference play has been a successful audition for a guard that came on the scene with a chip on his shoulder and a desire to showcase his skills for one year before moving to the Association. His build allows him to shoot over smaller guards while also exhibiting surprising quickness at 6'5" and 200 pounds. In some cases Lance almost looks or craves physical contact en route to the basket on an athletic drive. Stephenson has demonstrated the ability to dish the rock in traffic and rebound with bigger players. He can be a streaky shooter but has an uncanny ability to always be around the rock and ready to score. While he has played some point for the Bearcats; his true position may be at small forward because smaller and quicker point and shooting guards provide trouble on the defensive end. But the tables quickly turn on the other end of court to an advantage for Mr. Stephenson.

    WEAKNESSES: If he's one and done then Lance definitely needs to work on his mid to long range jumper and cut down on his capacity for turnovers. I wonder about his level of maturity and whether his off the court antics will subside or reappear in the pros. Does he need to be the man? Because he may be the man on a D-League team if he doesn't stick with an NBA team. May want to also work on conditioning because most of the guys he'll guard at the two spot or the three spot will be his size and just as strong. Will also have to work on his defense if he is going to see real minutes on the floor in the Association.

    NBA OUTLOOK: What's the hurry? Stick around for another year; exhibit some leadership skills and show scouts that you are both physically and mentally ready for the grind of the NBA. Erase any doubt that you could be an impatient and unhappy bench and role player entering the NBA. Lance's hurry could put him squarely on a D-League squad or in Europe with a non-descript team. Talent can sometimes override good judgement; I hope it doesn't in Lance's case.
    Player profile submitted by: Bruce C. Jett

    Would you like to write a player profile for any prospect that may be entering the 2010 NBA Draft? Email profiles of any player (even player’s not on our list) to our Webmaster. Credit will be given to the author of the profile.

  32. #25
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson being our Point Guard of the future?

    Quote Originally Posted by MLB007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Player profile submitted by: Bruce C. Jett

    Would you like to write a player profile for any prospect that may be entering the 2010 NBA Draft? Email profiles of any player (even player’s not on our list) to our Webmaster. Credit will be given to the author of the profile.
    If you're quoting this to back up any statements, you just undercut your own debate.

    Any Joe Schmoe can write an article and send it in. Meh.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. The PD NBA Draft - #10 Milwaukee
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 09:36 AM
  2. The PD NBA Draft - #6 Minnesota
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 08:24 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 10:42 AM
  4. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 2
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 09:42 PM
  5. The PD NBA Draft - Selection #2 - Miami
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 03:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •