View Poll Results: How many points per game will Paul George score?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-3

    2 1.77%
  • 4-6

    6 5.31%
  • 7-9

    54 47.79%
  • 10-12

    38 33.63%
  • 13+

    13 11.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51

Thread: How many points do you expect George to average?

  1. #1
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    343
    Mood

    Default How many points do you expect George to average?

    Just trying to get a gauge of what everyone's expectations are here. They seem pretty high...we need a lot out of him. Idk how effective he will be his first few seasons though. it's really hard to say.

    With how much support and encouragement he's going to get here I'd say he averages about 8 points per game.

  2. #2

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    During summer league or regular season?
    Summer League - 12-14
    Regular Season - 8-10

  3. #3
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    It really depends on a lot of factors. If he gets 20 mpg, then I'd guess he'll average around 7-8 ppg.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  4. #4

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    Do you mean "over the course of this first season?" Or "over his career?" Or "from the start?"
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  5. #5

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    it's too early to tell. Depending on him getting a "fair" amount of minutes and playing the 2 I think 13+ a game would be pretty easy to achieve

  6. #6
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,505

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    I think it depends on minutes played and how they use him. I see 10-12 max
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

  7. #7
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    343
    Mood

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you mean "over the course of this first season?" Or "over his career?" Or "from the start?"
    rookie year reg season

  8. #8
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,324

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    Too many factors right now. This might be more easily answered just before the start of the season. Let's see how he performs in Summer League, and let's see how the roster fills out.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,604

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    If he gets 15 mpg, I think he can pump out 7 to 9 ppg....depending on his aggressiveness to score and our PG situation.

    Of course we'll know more closer to the season....I really have no idea.

  10. #10
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    If he averages above 10ppg for his rookie year and gives you passable defense then that's a win. Obviously you'd like more as time goes on but we shouldn't expect too much from the start... especially given how stacked we are on the wing.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  12. #11
    Tyrant maragin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    I expect the number to start low and get higher as the season progresses.

    I would not be surprised if Lance Stephenson leads our summer league team in scoring.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to maragin For This Useful Post:


  14. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,604

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    Of course Danny's rookie year was 22.6 mpg with 7.5 points and 4.9 rebounds but he wasn't looked at as one of the scorers on that team.

    Those rebound numbers were nice. He followed it up with less rebounds in more minutes the year after.

    Anyway, George could be ANYWHERE # wise this year.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:


  16. #13
    Member hans023's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he averages above 10ppg for his rookie year and gives you passable defense then that's a win. Obviously you'd like more as time goes on but we shouldn't expect too much from the start... especially given how stacked we are on the wing.
    Nicely put Anthem I was thinking the same thing.

  17. #14
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    Well first of all, I don't expect George to get consistent minutes, because no one really does on this team besides Danny Granger and Troy Murphy. So I'm going to assume that he averages around 20 minutes for the first 40 games of the season or so, get 5 minutes and DNPs for a 10-15 game stretch, then finish strong and possibly start.

    With that said, I think that his points per 36 minutes stat will be pretty respectable in his rookie season, but his points per game will probably suffer due to our depth and Jim won't really have a rotation set until the end of the year.

    I really hope that we actually run plays for him, like PnR's, post up small 2's, set his own picks, and even go iso or whatever. I really hope that he isn't just a spot up 3 point shooter. So I'm going to go with 8.5 points per game in his rookie season.

  18. #15
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    at least 25 ppg

    I just hope he either wins the starting job or pushes Rush enough to be better.

    --pizza
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  19. #16
    Tyrant maragin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    I'm just as interested in how many mpg he gets.

  20. #17
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    343
    Mood

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course Danny's rookie year was 22.6 mpg with 7.5 points and 4.9 rebounds but he wasn't looked at as one of the scorers on that team.

    Those rebound numbers were nice. He followed it up with less rebounds in more minutes the year after.

    Anyway, George could be ANYWHERE # wise this year.
    yeah but he had to compete with ron artest, stephen jackson, and al harrington for minutes

  21. #18
    Member Grangerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lorain, Ohio
    Posts
    87
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    1st year 7.3
    2nd year 12.9
    3rd year 18.2
    4th year 23.8

    2nd players in nba to improve average in first 4 years in nba of course first is the Batman Granger!

  22. #19
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah but he had to compete with ron artest, stephen jackson, and al harrington for minutes
    Artest only played 16 games, and Al Harrington wasn't even on the team.

  23. #20
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    The last thing I care about is how many point George scores. In fact I could list 10 different stats I care more about then points scored. Stats like minutes played, FG%, FG attempts, FT attempts, deflections, rebounds.

  24. #21
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,391

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    Quote Originally Posted by maragin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just as interested in how many mpg he gets.
    That's what I'm more curious about!

  25. #22

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    Hopefully he gets to play in the Rookie Sophmore game at All-Star weekend.

  26. #23
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    343
    Mood

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Artest only played 16 games, and Al Harrington wasn't even on the team.
    what's your point

    naw what i meant was the team actually was competitive that year and didn't have as much time to spend developing rookies as they will this year

  27. #24

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grangerous
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2nd players in nba to improve average in first 4 years in nba of course first is the Batman Granger!

    again can that you say



    .
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:


  29. #25
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,983

    Default Re: How many points do you expect George to average?

    I think it all depends on how short his leash will be this year..
    If he gets a consistant 18-20 minutes , then I would put him around the 12-14 ppg range ..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Similar Threads

  1. Did Anyone Think Hansbrough Would Be This Good So Soon?
    By hoosierguy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 343
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 03:32 PM
  2. The Pacers Summer League thread
    By pianoman in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 10:06 AM
  3. 4-16-2004
    By Ragnar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 01:22 PM
  4. 4-12-04
    By Ragnar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 10:16 AM
  5. Mike Kahn's All-Star Picks - No Ron Artest
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 04:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •