Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listening to KLAC, just said Bosh to MIA

Default Listening to KLAC, just said Bosh to MIA

Sorry I have no link as this was just said on the radio. But they are saying that MIA and TOR are working out the details for a S&T.

You may be able to find some info on realgm.com
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Listening to KLAC, just said Bosh to MIA

This is off topic, but in regard to your signature Brian, I sincerely hope that LoneGranger33 knows that Guns & Roses did not say that.......

But anyway, back to Bosh.....while this is probably going to get him the most money, I think he's a way better fit in Chicago or New Jersey.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bosh for Beasley is the only thing I see here.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Mood

How???

FA/ Negotiations don't start till midnight... then again hasn't stopped everyone and their posse from tampering...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How???

FA/ Negotiations don't start till midnight... then again hasn't stopped everyone and their posse from tampering...
    Toronto and Miami could negotiate trades, which is what the rumor is reporting. It is not tampering.

I'm sure Toronto has been working the phones to sort out whether an S&T is in their best interest ever since it became clear that Bosh would not return.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Toronto and Miami could negotiate trades, which is what the rumor is reporting. It is not tampering.

I'm sure Toronto has been working the phones to sort out whether an S&T is in their best interest ever since it became clear that Bosh would not return.
    Ok... but still Bosh still can't negotiate a contract or talk to Mia till Midnight... correct?

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Ok... but still Bosh still can't negotiate a contract or talk to Mia till Midnight... correct?
    He would be negotiating the contract with Toronto, with the intent of going to Miami.

Mood

He would be negotiating the contract with Toronto, with the intent of going to Miami.
    Ahh yeah

I still would think it's short sighted not to check out options first... but then again maybe his talks with Wade was all he needed to hear.

Now if they do S&T for Bosh that would likely get them low enough for another max guy along with Wade and Bosh right?

Sports Logo

Wierd....I'd think that Bosh wouldn't go anywhere without knowing where Lebron would go. Whose the next Best Big Man that could join Lebron to be the "Pau" to Lebron's "Kobe"? Is it Amare or Boozer?

I just have 1 word for Lebron......it starts with a "M" and ends with a "urphy".
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Miami has only two contracts left, I believe, Beasley and Mario Chalmers, given that they released James Jones yesterday, plus thay have draftee rights.

Never underestimate the powers of persuation of Pat Riley.

It will be interesting to see what is left over to fill a roster if Wade, Bosh, and a third free agent all go to Miami. Lots of low-salaried players, no doubt. In future years they can add MLE players, but there is no MLE when you are unde the cap. You can keep adding vet minimum players even if you get over the cap,, though.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 06-30-2010 at 05:52 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Miami has practically no one to offer for Bosh. From what I hear they can't give Beasley away and only other guy is Chalmers. Toronto has PGs Jack,Calderon,Banks. So while S&T is a must for toronto to salvage something Miami is most likely not their target. Bosh undoubtable wants to be in Miami with wade or in Chicago with Lebron.

Best situation would be S&T with chicago sending Deng and Noah to toronto. Even if there is no Noah in the trade losing Dengs contract would give them 10mil more in cap space. therefore being able to sign Lebron.
    2012: Pacers return to glory

Paul George All Day

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers2012 View Post
    Miami has practically no one to offer for Bosh. From what I hear they can't give Beasley away and only other guy is Chalmers. Toronto has PGs Jack,Calderon,Banks. So while S&T is a must for toronto to salvage something Miami is most likely not their target. Bosh undoubtable wants to be in Miami with wade or in Chicago with Lebron.

Best situation would be S&T with chicago sending Deng and Noah to toronto. Even if there is no Noah in the trade losing Dengs contract would give them 10mil more in cap space. therefore being able to sign Lebron.
    It's possible that what Miami is willing to "offer" Toronto is a willingness to take on Hedo's contract. That may not be the most likely scenario, but if you aren't going to get LeBron (which I doubt they will), why not take Hedo instead of paying more money for either Gay or Johnson?

So, something like Beasley & future picks for Bosh/Hedo might be very attractive to Toronto.

Miami is under the cap, so they could just offer Toronto Michael Beasley, some draft picks, and rights to players that they just drafted. No matching of salaries is needed. Something is better than nothing, from a Toronto perspective, though I am not sure that Beasley is better than nothing, considering his "issues". I sincerely doubt that Hedo would be going to Miami. That would prevent the Heat from getting a third free agent (Bosh, Wade, X) of any substance.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Miami is under the cap, so they could just offer Toronto Michael Beasley, some draft picks, and rights to players that they just drafted. No matching of salaries is needed. Something is better than nothing, from a Toronto perspective, though I am not sure that Beasley is better than nothing, considering his "issues". I sincerely doubt that Hedo would be going to Miami. That would prevent the Heat from getting a third free agent (Bosh, Wade, X) of any substance.
    If you take LeBron out of the equation, and you've already got your big guy, then are Gay or Joe Johnson of any more substance than Hedo? Are you going to be able to get them any cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post

This is exactly why being under the cap is great. You can get a player by being able to be under the cap and not have to take a bad contract like Turk's to make the deal work.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sources said the Raptors will try to acquire draft picks and young players in return for Bosh. They would likely ask for forward Michael Beasley and point guard Mario Chalmers in any deal with the Miami Heat. If Bosh were to go to the Chicago Bulls, the Raptors like forward Taj Gibson and center Joakim Noah, though Noah could prove impossible to pry from Chicago. If Bosh settles on the New York Knicks, the Raptors would try to engage in a double sign-and-trade that sends Knicks forward David Lee to Toronto.
    LINK- Raptors look at Bosh sign-and-trade options

21. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Banned

I still don't understand why Cleveland is not doing anything to keep Lebron, if I was them I would send Varejao, JJ and whoever they want for Bosh.

I would also send Jamison for Hedo.

By the way does anybody here think that Lebron moving to another team and the rumor about his mom dating one of his teammates has any coincidence?

Cleveland isn't doing anything because they CAN'T do anything.

They can't just trade for Bosh. He would have to want to come to Cleveland, and why would he do that, when they already have Jamison at PF and no LeBron?

The Cavs used their last bullet on Jamison. They have no options left.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This is exactly why being under the cap is great. You can get a player by being able to be under the cap and not have to take a bad contract like Turk's to make the deal work.
    actually this is exactly were teams make mistakes, Toronto wants to move Hedo and Miami has the cap space to get him, I am pretty sure that Toronto is pushing hard to make Bosh and Hedo a package.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    actually this is exactly were teams make mistakes, Toronto wants to move Hedo and Miami has the cap space to get him, I am pretty sure that Toronto is pushing hard to make Bosh and Hedo a package.
    No, they can't. It's illegal under the CBA to sign and trade a player in a package with another player.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    No, they can't. It's illegal under the CBA to sign and trade a player in a package with another player.
    yeah I forgot about that

so what do you think about my question related to Lebron?

It's possible that what Miami is willing to "offer" Toronto is a willingness to take on Hedo's contract. That may not be the most likely scenario, but if you aren't going to get LeBron (which I doubt they will), why not take Hedo instead of paying more money for either Gay or Johnson?

So, something like Beasley & future picks for Bosh/Hedo might be very attractive to Toronto.
    NO WAY Miami takes Hedo's contract. He had one good season in Orlando. From what i've heard from writers and many fans is Hedo is hung over every game almost. I mean come on last season he sat out a game then it was learned that he was out drinking all night at a club. So to over pay Hedo and put him in miami with so many temptaions I would rather have Beasley a guy with a moderate contract who just hasn't lived up to where he was drafted at No.2

Paul George All Day

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    yeah I forgot about that

so what do you think about my question related to Lebron?
    I think that Delonte west would be gone tomorrow if LeBron made that a condition on his coming back.

I've felt Bosh to Miami would be the move he made as well. I expect the Heat to also eat a contract as well, my guess is a PG, not Hedo. It's weird b/c both teams have leverage to an extent b/c the Heat can threaten to sign him out right, and the Raptors can threaten to S&T elsewhere. Of course it will all come down to where Bosh wants to go.

It will likely be Jack or Calderon trade with Bosh. My guess is Calderon due to the contract, but Bosh may have a say in that as well which could lead to Jack.

What pieces the Heat send back is unknown since they don't have many under contract. They'll likely send a future pick or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    rules wont let that happen. team with the best shot would be the bulls for deng and noah

Paul George All Day