Thread: What would you do to get CP3

Default What would you do to get CP3

Espn insider has taken a look at how Portland or Boston could get CP3. If they could have a shot then so would the Pacers.

From espn:

Alternative advice: With Marcus Camby aboard, Przybilla has become expendable, especially if Oden can ever get back on the floor. So let's package the contracts of Przybilla and Miller and make a run at Chris Paul. Miller would help second-year PG Darren Collison develop in New Orleans and Przybilla would be nice playing behind Emeka Okafor. Better yet, they'll give the Hornets financial relief after next season.

If that doesn't work, how about sending the duo to Boston for Paul Pierce? If Doc Rivers doesn't return as head coach and Ray Allen goes elsewhere, the Celtics might have to begin rebuilding. The future cap relief of the Portland duo might be attractive to Boston, which is also looking for a big man like Przybilla with Kendrick Perkins on the mend.

With that said the pacers could put together and equally if not better trade for cp3. Przybilla's contract expires next year and Miller's the year after. If N.O is looking to clear cap space for next year they could easily make a run at Melo. Peja 14mil, songaila 4.8 mil contracts expire next year and if Paul was gone 15mil more is cleared.

We could package Murphy, Ford, and say D. Jones for CP3, Songalia, and Posey.
    Or Murphy, Ford, and Soloman for CP3, Songalia, and Posey. This would give N.O expiring contracts and a backup for Okafor. Okafor maybe overpaid but, he is a double double guy. N.O would still have a good team next year without having to rebuild for years like the Pacers had to do thanks to the pre madonnas that is ron artest and s. jackson. They would also have cap room to go after other solid players or re-sign a good player in Murphy or go after Melo.

And lets not forget how huge this would be for the Pacers. CP3, Granger, Rush, McBob, Hibbert and the 2011 cap space left. Indy would be looking pretty scary in our division if LBJ is gone.
    2012: Pacers return to glory

Paul George All Day

Default Re: What would you do to get CP3

I would do whatever it takes, and I do mean whatever it takes especially if he shows a willingness to play here.

I think your package of Murph, Ford, D. Jones would insult the Hornets so bad they would never take our call again. If the first words out of our mouth isn't Granger they will hang up.

Sure they are looking for expiring contracts, but come on, Paul is one of the most valuable players in the NBA.

We would have to include probably Granger, Roy and two or our expiring and we would have to take back Okafor, plus at least 1 other bad contract.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 06-30-2010 at 02:21 PM.

I'd give the roster and the Indy 500 if he signs an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would would have to include probably Granger, Roy and two or our expiring and we would have to take back Okafor, plus at least 1 other bad contract.
    It is interesting to note that Danny would be a hometown hero in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by maragin View Post
    I'd give the roster and the Indy 500 if he signs an extension.
    Plus the Colts?

although their team beat the Colts, so they wouldn't want the Colts - nevermind.

Seriously though if I were to make a list of players I most want to play for the Pacers. Chris Paul might be number 3 or 4. Considering age. After Lebron, Wade, Dwight Howard, Paul has to be next.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 06-30-2010 at 02:21 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would move heaven and earth to get CP3, IF and thats a big IF, he was open to sign long term.

That said, how likely is it CP3 would want to sign long term? Maybe it would be attractive the Pacers have so many expirings, that is one school of thought. But New Orleans is pretty competitive with David West, Peja and Collison and he seems pretty unhappy there. So what kind of shot would we have at resigning Paul if he came here? Not too great IMO.

Plus the Colts?

although their team beat the Colts, so they wouldn't want the Colts - nevermind.

Seriously though if I were to make a list of players I most want to play for the Pacers. Chris Paul might be number 3 or 4. Considering age. After Lebron, Wade, Dwight Howard, Paul has to be next.
    I love the Colts so much, I'm still not able to talk about the game in February. Give me a few more months.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to maragin For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Everyone would be available for a CP3 trade. To get a top 3 PG and someone who can be marketed nation wide would be just what this team needs. I would try to keep Granger so him and CP3 could play together, but if I had to part with Granger I would sleep tight the next night knowing we made the trade.

If I was NO and was offered what the OP posted I would laugh so hard. I still do not get how NO could even think about trading him especially with a new owner coming on board. As a new owner no way I would want to lose someone as marketable as CP3.

If we did get CP3 what the OP put it would be worse then the Paul Gasol trade. We should be wanted for armed robbery.

Mood

This is just like the 'Melo thread to me. Do whatever it takes and try to hold some cap space for next year to sign another guy to help CP3 because most of our team would likely be traded. It would take Granger, Ford, and Hibbert most likely, and they'd probably want us to take Okafor. Getting him to resign is the trick, but with cap space and maybe a couple pieces leftover (George, Rush, Hans?), you might be able to make a case that that team could compete.

--pizza
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    I would move heaven and earth to get CP3, IF and thats a big IF, he was open to sign long term.

That said, how likely is it CP3 would want to sign long term? Maybe it would be attractive the Pacers have so many expirings, that is one school of thought. But New Orleans is pretty competitive with David West, Peja and Collison and he seems pretty unhappy there. So what kind of shot would we have at resigning Paul if he came here? Not too great IMO.
    Paul would not become a FA until summer 2013. The final year of his contract is worth 17.7mil. If the Pacers traded for him then in 2013 we would have to resign him if we haven't already signed him to an extention. 3yrs is plenty of time to put together an outstanding team that would make paul want to stay or sign an extention. After 2011 summer we will understand our potential much better.
    Last edited by Pacers2012; 06-30-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo

Paul George All Day

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

We could offer him a max contract if we still have enough cap space couldn't we? . please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers2012 View Post
    Paul would not become a FA until summer 2013. The final year of his contract is worth 17.7mil. If the Pacers traded for him then in 2013 we would have to resign him if we haven't already signed him to an extention. 3yrs is plenty of time to put together an outstanding team that would make paul want to stay or sign an extention. After 2011 summer we will understand our potential much better.
    I didn't realize that, thanks for pointing it out.

With that little nugget of information, get Chris Paul NOW!

--pizza
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What would you do-oo-oo
    for the guard Chris Paul?

Need to see a link for what you pasted, Pacers2012. If you don't, I'll have to remove what you copied. Thanks

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anything. I would put CP3 on the floor for us, and then use him to bring another big time free agent next year (Melo). I think CP3 and Melo would be a great foundation for us to move forward. If we signed Melo outright, we wouldn't give anything up for him asset-wise. CP3 would cost us a lot, but you have to think that you plan on trading for CP3 to get BOTH players. Take on Okafor, expirings, draft picks, young players like Paul George and Tyler Hansborough. I think we would have what it takes to get CP3, and then Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    What would you do-oo-oo
    for the guard Chris Paul?
    wo would ya kill a man?

family guy reference

Paul George All Day

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Need to see a link for what you pasted, Pacers2012. If you don't, I'll have to remove what you copied. Thanks
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...ory?id=5342504

not sure if you can look at it. its an insider story

Paul George All Day

I highly doubt scrubs would land us a future HOFer
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

If we were to try to get CP3 I would say we give B. Rush, Ford, and Hans. The only reason I would trade Hans, is because we have Magnum Rolle coming in and he will be a GREAT big man for us. If anyone has seen his highlights they'd know what Im talking about I mean the man is a beast inside.
    Reggie A.K.A. Knick Killer!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    I think CP3 and Melo would be a great foundation for us to move forward.
    Yeah, that would be a pretty solid foundation. So would Lebron and Bosh.

Granger Rush Ford Murphy and a future first round pick..for Paul and Okafor.

You can't give up the whole team or he won't stay. So I say keep Roy and give up Granger (which we would be far more likely to do)

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Granger Rush Ford Murphy and a future first round pick..for Paul and Okafor.

You can't give up the whole team or he won't stay. So I say keep Roy and give up Granger (which we would be far more likely to do)
    wow. you are giving up a ton in that trade. Plus you taking there only viable center who is more of a PF. They would most certainly want Soloman i would think.

Granger, Murphy, Ford, Soloman for CP3, Okafor, and a draft pick.

That gives them enough to survive 2010 and have money to play with once Peja,Murphy,Ford, and Songalias contracts are up not to mention CP3 15mil contract. If we give up Granger tho we will have a huge void to fill and George and Rush wont be putting up 30+ performances ever other night. No good FA wingman next year besides Melo who wouldnt come here and all of our players we could of traded are gone. I would love to have paul but by trading granger we are almost in the same posistion as before. I wanna win in 2011. not wait for george to develope then worry about paul leaving in 2013 when his contract expires.

Paul George All Day

If all they want to do is clear cap space. We are one of the front runners. If their only goal is to shed salary we can put together one of the better expirings deals in the league.

But right away I think dallas would be calling them. They have the dampier 13 million team option expiring that can come off the books this year.

But wow if we could have him on the same team as granger and hibbert we would be a playoff nightmare for YEARS to come.

Banned

I would do whatever it takes, and I do mean whatever it takes especially if he shows a willingness to play here.

I think your package of Murph, Ford, D. Jones would insult the Hornets so bad they would never take our call again. If the first words out of our mouth isn't Granger they will hang up.

Sure they are looking for expiring contracts, but come on, Paul is one of the most valuable players in the NBA.

We would have to include probably Granger, Roy and two or our expiring and we would have to take back Okafor, plus at least 1 other bad contract.
    No way, that's too much. Look at what some of the other big stars have been traded for. Surprisingly little. Gutting the team for 1 great player???
    No thanks.