View Poll Results: How many of Paul George's games have you seen?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0

    91 89.22%
  • 1

    5 4.90%
  • 2-4

    5 4.90%
  • >4

    1 0.98%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Thread: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

  1. #1
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Nearly everybody seems really excited about Paul George. Simple question. How many times have you seen George play? Youtube highlight videos don't count. I know T-Bird was able to get game tapes on him and liked him so that is a plus but doesn't satisfy me completely as it seems to have for many of you. It's scary to me that I've seen both our second rounders play more games than George. I'm confused how people can be so sure we made a good pick without having a clue what we're getting.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  2. #2
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Who cares, he has sweet dunks in sweet highlight vids with sweet music. Just like Shawne Williams did in 2006 when half the board was saying how Shawne would end up better than Granger. That's all that really matters right?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,985

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    I have seen him play less than zero times. more like -2.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,354
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    -6

    EDIT: Darn it, Unclebuck! You thwarted my attempt to be humorous.

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nearly everybody seems really excited about Paul George. Simple question. How many times have you seen George play? Youtube highlight videos don't count. I know T-Bird was able to get game tapes on him and liked him so that is a plus but doesn't satisfy me completely as it seems to have for many of you. It's scary to me that I've seen both our second rounders play more games than George. I'm confused how people can be so sure we made a good pick without having a clue what we're getting.

    With no disrespect, I think you are trying to make a fire out of an ant hill here. I think the overall consensus is that everyone is excited that we have a player that shows potential right out of the jug, instead of us having to squeeze it out of him like an orange.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 06-30-2010 at 09:14 AM.

  7. #5
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Larry and Frank -- Birds of a Feather!
    Posts
    3,435
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    I doubt that virtually anyone here has had an opportunity to see any full games. That is why we are blessed to have T-Bird, Seth, and a couple of others who take the time to both gather info on who is available to draft, and then break down that player's game into terms the rest of us can understand. Most of us know how our opinions compare to Seth and T-Bird when it comes to how the Pacers play, and can extrapolate from there to determine how much faith we each put in their far more informed opinions. That is why I am confident that Paul George is the real deal, and I suspect I am not alone.

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,985

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    -6

    EDIT: Darn it, Unclebuck! You thwarted my attempt to be humorous.




    With no disrespect, I think you are trying to make a fire out of an ant hill here. I think the overall consensus is that everyone is excited that we have a player that shows potential right out of the jug, instead of us having to squeeze it out of him like an orange.
    Timing is everything

  10. #7
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The South Side
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,305
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Goose Egg.

  11. #8

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Never seen him play, but he has two first names so he will be good. Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Ray Allen, and now... Paul George.

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smj887 For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    The Sweet Sound Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    266

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Why would you want to rain on any of our parades? What the hell else do we have to look forward to but the hope that maybe we stole a good player at #10? Why would you want to take that hope away from anyone? So you can look cool on the internet?

    And, too, how many games have YOU seen him play? How can you know that he WON'T be what some on the board say?

  14. #10
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt that virtually anyone here has had an opportunity to see any full games. That is why we are blessed to have T-Bird, Seth, and a couple of others who take the time to both gather info on who is available to draft, and then break down that player's game into terms the rest of us can understand. Most of us know how our opinions compare to Seth and T-Bird when it comes to how the Pacers play, and can extrapolate from there to determine how much faith we each put in their far more informed opinions. That is why I am confident that Paul George is the real deal, and I suspect I am not alone.
    This plus what I've read or heard away from PD.

    I may have not ever been to any given obscure island nation on the planet, but if I read a few solid articles on it from people who have, I think I would have at least some idea of what it is like.

    *edit*

    And that's not to say I'm part of the "George = superstar!!" group. I'm not because he's got to show me what he's got @Conseco before I even begin to entertain something like that. I just like what I heard, enough that I think he might be pretty good, and I'm excited to see him in a Pacers uniform for that reason. That doesn't mean I'm sitting here "knowing" what he will or will not be. No one does. We can only try to gleam possibilities based on what is currently knowable about the guy.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Member Drewtone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    460
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    I hadn't even heard his name until I read T-Bird's writeup on him, which made me excited about getting him. I'll stand by that until proven true or otherwise on the court.
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

    Bob Netolicky

  17. #12
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,124

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Zero, but I read enough articles that I'm comfortable with the pick. I'm just glad that Bird took a chance. Let's hope that he becomes the next Lottery Superstar outside of the Top 3 ala Kobe Bryant. Youtube videos are alright, as long as you know what you're looking for. The main thing that impressed me was his body control.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,277
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    How many games did people see of Danny before he got drafted?

  20. #14
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,766

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    The guy works out with Danny, doesn't that count for something?

  21. #15
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,929

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Never seen him play, not even clips. I'm concerned that he wasn't great for a bad team in the WAC, and that "experts" have labeled him high-risk, high-reward. But Tbird likes him, so I'll give him a chance.

    Really, my problem isn't with him, per se, but the idea of getting another wing when that's the last thing we need. If TPTB felt he was BPA, that's fine, it wasn't like I was enamored with anyone else available. Except Trade McTraderstein, I had a good feeling about him.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  22. #16
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many games did people see of Danny before he got drafted?
    I watched him utterly dominate every game of the MWC tourney that year. He made Bogut look like a child.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #17
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    I know many people are asking if Paul is Shawne 2.0...but i always thought that Shawne had the skills to become a good player in the NBA - it was all of his off-court things that kept him from reaching his potential...IMHO that is.

    and if Paul is similar to the talent of Shawne without the off court distractions...he should be a solid player in the future...

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:


  25. #18
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    College sophomore Danny Granger's team went 12-18 in the Missouri Valley. Just saying.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,929

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    College sophomore Danny Granger's team went 12-18 in the Missouri Valley. Just saying.
    Yeah, and he put up 19/8 and shot over 50%. Bad team doesn't bother me, bad team where people say you're not carrying your weight does.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  28. #20
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,985

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, and he put up 19/8 and shot over 50%. Bad team doesn't bother me, bad team where people say you're not carrying your weight does.
    OK, but at what point do you say that because his teammates were so bad and because the opponent focused all their defense to guard paul George, that caused his poor FG%. And still the coach would rather george shoot a contetested shot as opposed to a teammate shoot a wide-open shot.

    Because that is pretty much what Paul's coach told Dan Dakich last week.


    You put 4 of us on the court with Lebron James against NBA teams and the defenses will focus so much on Lebron that his shooting % will drop

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  30. #21
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many games did people see of Danny before he got drafted?
    That's what I was thinking. I never saw any games that Kobe, KG, TMac, Dwight Howard, or Amare played in either.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  31. #22

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    My issue is not with Paul George as the pick, my issue is the first coach he will have in the NBA is JOB. My confidence in JOB putting him in a position to succeed is not very high.
    JOB is a silly man

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jhondog28 For This Useful Post:


  33. #23
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,124

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, but at what point do you say that because his teammates were so bad and because the opponent focused all their defense to guard paul George, that caused his poor FG%. And still the coach would rather george shoot a contetested shot as opposed to a teammate shoot a wide-open shot.

    Because that is pretty much what Paul's coach told Dan Dakich last week.


    You put 4 of us on the court with Lebron James against NBA teams and the defenses will focus so much on Lebron that his shooting % will drop
    I don't know about that. I can shoot a mean 3 .

  34. #24
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    College sophomore Danny Granger's team went 12-18 in the Missouri Valley. Just saying.

    And who's to say how Danny's career would have turned out if he was drafted into the NBA after his sophomore year?

    Oh, and the Mo Valley is much stronger than the WAC.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  35. #25
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Honest Question: How Many Games Have You Seen Paul George Play?

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's what I was thinking. I never saw any games that Kobe, KG, TMac, Dwight Howard, or Amare played in either.
    Every single one of those guys listed came out of high school so it's quite different. And yet I'd still seen more of Dwight Howard and Amare Stoudemire pre-NBA than I did of Paul George, a college sophomore. I watch a lot of college basketball. I'd seen Danny Granger completely dominate the MWC Tourney on his way to MVP honors as a senior. I saw his NCAA tournament game against Nova. He was a first team all conference selection in a far better conference than Paul George. Granger was the runner-up for conference player of the year to NBA number 1 draft choice and All-Star Andrew Bogut. If George finished second to Luke Babbitt I wouldn't have a problem with it. But he didn't. He didn't even make first team which consists of such luminaries as Jahmar Young, Adrian Oliver, Jared Quayle, and Taj Wesley along with the aforementioned Babbitt. Also, when was the last time a lottery pick who spent more than 1 year in college never led his team to the NCAA tournament? Is it Ike Diogu? That worked out well.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 09:34 AM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 10:36 AM
  3. ESPN Insider
    By BleedBlue in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 12:20 PM
  4. I guess Dyrek will let Larry know.
    By RWB in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •