Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacers... Players in FA?

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers... Players in FA?

Watching the NBA channel and in a team like Toronto, who is potentially losing Chris Bosh with nothing in return (and is also looking to trade Hedo), the commentators pointed out that the only way Toronto gets players back from a team like Miami or Chicago, who has very little on their rolls currently, is to get a third team like the Pacers involved...

Toronto
    May be interested in Foster and Dunleavy, if they can move Hedo's contract, to address their needs for a big man who can defend and rebound and compliment Bargnani, softer, longer version of Troy, and in Mike, a facilitator... Toronto gets two quality veterans to help the rebuilding process and cushion the loss of Bosh...

Mike: $9.7 (expiring)
    Foster: $6.0 (expiring)

-----------------------------------------------------

Any other examples you guys can come up with?

Default Re: Pacers... Players in FA?

As long as Hedo doesn't come this way.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Might Toronto be interested in Okafor for nothing in return (except the obligatory 2020 2nd rounder)?

Banned

Im sorry but nobody wants Foster or Dunleavy at this moment their value is just because they are expirings contracts

Mood

I'm thinking Dun and Foster have the higher trade value.

Does Murphy have any? Which teams have a Center that would be a good match for him? Orlando? Would Toronto want Rashard Lewis?

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching the NBA channel and in a team like Toronto, who is potentially losing Chris Bosh with nothing in return (and is also looking to trade Hedo), the commentators pointed out that the only way Toronto gets players back from a team like Miami or Chicago, who has very little on their rolls currently, is to get a third team like the Pacers involved...

Toronto
    May be interested in Foster and Dunleavy, if they can move Hedo's contract, to address their needs for a big man who can defend and rebound and compliment Bargnani, softer, longer version of Troy, and in Mike, a facilitator... Toronto gets two quality veterans to help the rebuilding process and cushion the loss of Bosh...

We give up 2 expirers and get who in return? Hedo? No thanks, he has one of the worst contract in the NBA right now...I watched him play almost every game last year, and it was really bad. He couldnt play one game because he was hung over. He looks like hes gained some weight also.

Bosh? Sure, I'd do it, who as a Pacers fan wouldnt. But would Bosh agree to a sign and trade to come to Indy? Most likely not
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

No, my thoughts are that a team like Toronto is under the cap (or partially) and would be able to take on non-matching contracts or trade exceptions.

I would like to trade TJ ford for Jarrett Jack. They can have their garbage back along with an expiring contract, while we get the player they stole from us (and are having buyers remorse about).
    Last edited by spazzxb; 06-28-2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: correction

10. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

A more likely scenario would be us trading murphy and whoever to toronto. Bosh signing with another team like the Nets. With the Nets sending us Devin and a 2nd rounder. This doesn't work with many teams since the teams Bosh wants to be on either have no one to offer us (miami) or dont want to trade any of their talent away (bulls). The lakers might be the only option for a 3 team deal with us in the mix. I don't like odom but, raptors send bosh to LA. we send murphy an someone to toronto and we get Odom and farmar who wants to start. Farmar has a year left of his contract 2.8 mil. So it would be a year try out for him. That still gives us plenty of cap room to make more moves next year. This move would have to be a last ditch effort tho. I am not for bringing in odom and farmar unless its all the pacers can do. I'm not as worried as everyone else is about gettin a long term guard. Next year doesn't look promising either so we can be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    I would like to trade TJ ford for Jarrett Jack. They can have their garbage back along with an expiring contract, while we get the player they stole from us (and are having buyers remorse about).
    I like Jarrett Jack, but he's little more than serviceable. He's a good player, just not good enough to go out of your way to reacquire.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    I like Jarrett Jack, but he's little more than serviceable. He's a good player, just not good enough to go out of your way to reacquire.
    4.5 million contract for three years. Hopefully in three years he would be our backup but i would be happy with him starting this year and he wouldn't prohibit us from getting someone else for the long term.

Jack has been crazy durable, playing in 79, 79, 82, 82, and 82 games his first five seasons. That would be valuable to any team in this league.

Heh. I like the TJ for Jack idea a lot, even though my preference long-term would be for Jack to be our backup PG.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Heh. I like the TJ for Jack idea a lot, even though my preference long-term would be for Jack to be our backup PG.
    I'm not too good at this but would that work straight up? Wouldn't the Raps need to give us more than Jacke? I thought JJ's contract is about half the size of Ford's...

And the legend of a mid level backup player continues to grow.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DgR View Post
    I'm not too good at this but would that work straight up? Wouldn't the Raps need to give us more than Jacke? I thought JJ's contract is about half the size of Ford's...
    yes.

tj and solo for jarrett jack and reggie evans (expiring contract) works.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    yes.

tj and solo for jarrett jack and reggie evans (expiring contract) works.

I'd vote for that in a heartbeat, and never have 2nd thoughts about it. Unfortunately, Tornoto has tried Ford and Calderon at PG b4. I don't see Toronto doing the deal.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    And the legend of a mid level backup player continues to grow.
    Doesn't grow at all. When Jack signed with Toronto, I was holding onto hope that we'd find a way to trade AJ and clear up cap space to keep Jack.

He played well for us, you just resent him because Obie kept playing him at the 2. That's not his fault.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm thinking Dun and Foster have the higher trade value.

Does Murphy have any? Which teams have a Center that would be a good match for him? Orlando? Would Toronto want Rashard Lewis?

-Foster: missed 2/3 of season w/ back surgery, getting older
    -Dunleavy: comming off serious knee surgery had one of worst yrs. as a pro.
    -Murphy: Coming off 2nd season as one of the top double-double guys in the league.

Am I missing something?
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Mood

understand your point but Foster doesn't need the ball and Dun is a facilitator... Murph fits well with certain FC situations (athletic post presence with good defense) but is a defensive liability.

With knees it takes 2 years, and Dun is in his 2nd yr and Foster pretty much had last year off, so I'm thinking he should have a decent year health wise... Both guys I could see as stronger contributors for a team making a playoff push... (Murph doesn't have any PO experience.)

But that's just my $0.02.

Mood

Jack was the bast backup PG in the league with the Pacers... I think he's better than some here give him credit for.

I'd be happy to have him back. Good defense and leadership qualities...

Honestly, I don't believe the Pacers are not going to make any moves until the Lebron/Wade/Bosh sweepstakes is over. At that point, other teams will be trying to get players to "fill in the holes". I'm pretty much under the impression that Bosh will be a package deal with either Wade or Lebron.

Toronto

I don't get it...what is the trade that you are thinking of, exactly? You are wanting to trade Dun and Foster for Hedo?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd gladly welcome a sign and trade for Bosh using our expiring contracts. Of course, Toronto would never consider that in all likelihood, but I'd do it for the Pacers.

--pizza
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

I think you mean Bosh would never consider that.