Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58

Thread: Summer League schedules and rosters...

  1. #1
    The Ancient One woowoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    7
    Posts
    290

    Default Summer League schedules and rosters...

    apparently Indiana did not sign any of the undrafted rookie PG FA's...

    http://www.nbadraft.net/orlando-summ...chedule-roster

    http://www.nbadraft.net/2010-nba-las...hedule-rosters

    if this has already been posted delete or merge please... I did not see a thread on it.
    Last edited by woowoo; 06-27-2010 at 10:12 PM.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woowoo For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,758

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Wednesday july 7th will be the game to watch, Pacers vs Utah!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,615

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Quote Originally Posted by woowoo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    apparently Indiana did not sign any of the undrafted rookie PG FA's...

    http://www.nbadraft.net/orlando-summ...chedule-roster

    http://www.nbadraft.net/2010-nba-las...hedule-rosters

    if this has already been posted delete or merge please... I did not see a thread on it.
    Because George, Stephenson and Rolle are good enough to win by themselves.

  6. #4
    Member sheppie33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cincy, OH
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    wish we would have given Scottie Reynolds a look...............wonder if we tried.

  7. #5
    Gold Swagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,396
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Mikhail Torrance is on the Bobcats roster

    Seth's man Tweety Carter is with Jersey.

    I would have loved to have had either of these guys on our summer squad.

    I still can't wait to see King George, Born Ready and Magnum PF play.

    I always get overly excited about summer league, breaking my own sig's rule.
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

  8. #6
    Member sheppie33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cincy, OH
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Will there be coverage on NBATV? I assume we will be able to watch on the website again this year.

  9. #7
    "Born Ready" TheRifleman51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    It's always been about Indy.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Quote Originally Posted by sheppie33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wish we would have given Scottie Reynolds a look...............wonder if we tried.
    I was thinking more Clemente For K -State either one would have been cool with me

  10. #8
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,642

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Mikhail Torrance with the Charlotte Bobcats I really hoped we'd take a flier on that kid.

  11. #9
    Member sheppie33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cincy, OH
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...


  12. #10
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mikhail Torrance with the Charlotte Bobcats I really hoped we'd take a flier on that kid.
    I read that 6 teams gave him an offer... so we may have, just he choose someone else.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  13. #11
    Member sheppie33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cincy, OH
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Balaclava67 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was thinking more Clemente For K -State either one would have been cool with me
    Yeah i forgot about him. Love his game. Where did he end up?

  14. #12
    The Ancient One woowoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    7
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Quote Originally Posted by sheppie33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah i forgot about him. Love his game. Where did he end up?
    Bobcats..

  15. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Quote Originally Posted by woowoo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    apparently Indiana did not sign any of the undrafted rookie PG FA's...

    http://www.nbadraft.net/orlando-summ...chedule-roster

    http://www.nbadraft.net/2010-nba-las...hedule-rosters

    if this has already been posted delete or merge please... I did not see a thread on it.
    It looks like the Bobcats certainly did. I'm not very happy about this. They have a game on July 5th. What is Indiana doing?

  16. #14
    The Ancient One woowoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    7
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It looks like the Bobcats certainly did. I'm not very happy about this. They have a game on July 5th. What is Indiana doing?
    I think it is safe to say there will be a trade this summer, I do wish Indiana had brought in a couple FA PG's though.... Maybe they would have got lucky.

  17. #15
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Given the insane amount of talent that went undrafted, along with the clearly opportunities to trade down for more picks, I just don't get how the Pacers can afford to take a pass on both counts. These kids would be an ideal way to fill out a roster with cheap contracts and more chances in the "surprise development" lottery.

    If the Pacers could have moved DJones to OKC for the trade down, then filled up the space of Jones, Watson, and Head with cheaper kids, plus a few more cheap rooks to cover the space opened if/when the team moves the contracts of Troy, Dun, and Ford, you could actually field a pretty low salary figure team, even if you brought back in one guy making $15m for those expirings.


    It's frustrating for me that due to iffy drafting and dealing the last couple of years I'm seeing more and more favorite prospects on other teams, which takes my interest to those teams too.

    Sorry to say that I'm more interested in TWill, Tweety and Zoubek than George, Lance and Rolle...not even bringing Favors and D James into the equation.



    The good news - one game on July 5th holiday, next 2 at 7pm after work. Then should I go in late on Friday?
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 06-27-2010 at 11:36 PM.

  18. #16
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,088

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    I'm curious who we have brought in? That only shows our 3 draft picks? Who did we fill out our summer roster with? It starts in like a week?

    I really hope we have at least a PG we can look at with Price on the mend. I'm still hoping we get a look at Alexey Shved (who I didn't see on a roster)

    Perhaps Marcus Williams of the D-League who we thought about signing at the end of the year

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:


  20. #17
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,542

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Quote Originally Posted by sheppie33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will there be coverage on NBATV? I assume we will be able to watch on the website again this year.
    Yes, the entire Orlando Summer league will be broadcast on NBATV.

  21. #18
    Member ChristianDudley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,575

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    isn't anybody available for any team to pick up?? cuz no team owns Torrance's rights or Reynolds' rights, etc....so we could still sign them if we wanted to i believe.

  22. #19
    Looking like a season JB24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Russell Robinson (PG from that 2008 Jayhawks team) has been added to the roster, according to Ridiculous Upside. That's it so far.

  23. #20
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given the insane amount of talent that went undrafted, along with the clearly opportunities to trade down for more picks, I just don't get how the Pacers can afford to take a pass on both counts. These kids would be an ideal way to fill out a roster with cheap contracts and more chances in the "surprise development" lottery.

    If the Pacers could have moved DJones to OKC for the trade down, then filled up the space of Jones, Watson, and Head with cheaper kids, plus a few more cheap rooks to cover the space opened if/when the team moves the contracts of Troy, Dun, and Ford, you could actually field a pretty low salary figure team, even if you brought back in one guy making $15m for those expirings.


    It's frustrating for me that due to iffy drafting and dealing the last couple of years I'm seeing more and more favorite prospects on other teams, which takes my interest to those teams too.

    Sorry to say that I'm more interested in TWill, Tweety and Zoubek than George, Lance and Rolle...not even bringing Favors and D James into the equation.
    You assume that the Pacers didn't try to do what you suggested. Then you assume that if they had, it would've worked out better for them. You also seem to assume that they don't have any other trades in the works that have to wait until after July.

    Your frustrations are based on a lot of empty assumptions, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  25. #21
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You assume that the Pacers didn't try to do what you suggested. Then you assume that if they had, it would've worked out better for them. You also seem to assume that they don't have any other trades in the works that have to wait until after July.

    Your frustrations are based on a lot of empty assumptions, IMO.
    Expect this to get bumped regularly.

    And btw, when you say "they tried but couldn't", that's the same as defending me as the starting center for the Pacers. I tried to do a great job but couldn't, and since I tried then it means things are okay.

    No, if they tried to bring in people or make deals and were unable to it means they don't have the negotiation and people skills required to make things happen.

    It's not just "Indianapolis". They got Saras to sign with the team, players talk about the Bird aura all the time. Maybe agents and/or players are getting tired of whatever it is they run into with the Pacers. Maybe it's the same issue Stan Van Gundy ran into. Maybe it's the same issue Mel Daniels ran into.

    The Pacers NEED a PG and everyone knows it. So why wouldn't Tweety's agent drive him toward Indy as the best chance to make the NBA? Ditto for many other players.

  26. #22
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    3,671
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    CHANCES that Russell Robinson makes the team...?

  27. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,375
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CHANCES that Russell Robinson makes the team...?
    Slim to none with slim walking down the door

  28. #24
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,802

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Russell Robinson (PG from that 2008 Jayhawks team) has been added to the roster, according to Ridiculous Upside. That's it so far.
    i was just going to post that. not a bad addition, i think. our roster is almost full, but we do need a 3rd pg, and russell robinson fits the bill as a tough pg defender. his knock is that he's offensively challenged, however he did shoot 37% from 3pt range last season in the dleague. if he plays well, he'll have a decent chance at making the team. it's said that he was a late cut for the cavs last season.

    regarding torrance - ridiculous upside has 3 pg's listed for the bobcats' team (pargo, collins, and clemente), so it seems unlikely that torrance will be playing for them too.

  29. #25
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,593

    Default Re: Summer League schedules and rosters...

    did russell robinson backup sherron collins?
    follow me @KeifDye - lets talk Pacers!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •