Thread: WTH? - Shaq to testify in Kobe's trial?

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default WTH? - Shaq to testify in Kobe's trial?

This is from SI Extra:

And now for what may be the strangest twist of all in the tortured relationship between Shaquille OíNeal and Kobe Bryant. According to an exclusive report in this weekís Sports Illustrated, prosecutors plan to subpoena a 22-year-old Florida waitress who claims she was the object of unwanted sexual advances by Bryant at a party at O'Neal's Orlando home on Thanksgiving Day 2002. The woman may be called as a witness at Bryantís trial (scheduled to begin on Aug. 27 in Eagle, Colo.). Jeff Benedict, the author of the SI report, writes that the womanís testimony might be used by the prosecution to show that aggressive sexual actions are part of Bryant's pattern of behavior. (Pamela Mackey, Bryant's lead attorney, did not respond to SI's efforts to reach her.) According to Benedictís sources in the Los Angeles D.A.'s office, after hearing the Florida womanís story investigators from L.A., along with Eagle prosecutors, contacted O'Neal through his agent, Perry Rogers, and told him that the former Lakers center could become a witness in Bryant's case. In addition, under Colorado rules of evidence, the Florida woman can be called as a rebuttal witness by the prosecution. Benedict writes that her participation could be significant because it could cause Bryant's lawyers to think twice before calling their client to the stand. In addition to Benedictís reporting, 200 pages from a closed-door hearing in the case were released late Monday. The court papers revealed that a defense expert witness, Elizabeth Johnson, testified that DNA evidence found during hospital examinations shows that Bryant's accuser had sex with another man just hours after her encounter with the Lakers guard. That claim has been denied by the womanís attorney. One thing is for certain: The Bryant case will continue to dominate headlines in August. To read Benedictís SI story go to
    http://si.com/2004/magazine/08/03/sc...809/index.html

Now that is going to be an interesting day in the Kobe trial. I can hear the judge now - "Mr. O'Neal please stop mumbling and speak slowly and clearly."
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Default Re: WTH? - Shaq to testify in Kobe's trial?

Wow...I hope Shaq doesn't bring his antics and ego into the courtroom

Shaq's Testimony: "Kobe is like a younger brother to me, but the Shaq Daddy doesn't like his younger brother...doesn't mean he doesn't love him, The big man just doesn't like him very much. But when it comes to lovin'...Shaq will help a brother out, you know... it is kinda like when you put a price on an old baseball mit... if it doesn't sell, you don't lower the price, you raise it. People don't want to buy something they think is crap...they want something of value."

Judge "What the hell does that mean?"

Shaq "You tell me... What looks more valuable, an old glove with a price tag of $.50 or the same old glove with a price tag of $85 in a glass case?"

Judge "Shaq, you are dismissed"

canyoufeelit

Maybe Shaq doesn't have to wait for the regular season to really take it to Kobe?

Shaq: "he sure groped her all right. I saw that. The Diesel knows these things. It's because I'm technologically advanced. I have 20-10 vision. He also told me that he raped that girl in Colorado. Kobe also said he murdered that Laci Peterson girl and JonBenet Ramsey. Your mother sent me flowers for last night."

Judge: "Case closed"

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Seriously...
    Looks like the girl reallizes that she is only making a mockery of herself and real victems of sexual crimes when she decides to drop the criminal charges against Kobe. (according to ESPNews) She is interested in taking up the case in $$civil$$ court.

ESPN's leagal analyst was speculating that the state of Colorado will pick up the charges against Kobe and subpeona the girl forcing her to testify.

[edit=29=1091680805][/edit]
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

What garbage, even if he did make strong sexual advances towards someone that doesn't predispose him to be a rapist.