Thread: Undrafted Prospects- Who do you want to have in Pacers summer lea roster?

Default Undrafted Prospects- Who do you want to have in Pacers summer lea roster?

#1)-Art Parakhouski-Radford
    #2)-Tim Ohlbrecht-Germany
    #3)-Ryan Thompson-Rider
    #4)-Brian Zoubek-Duke
    #5)-Manny Harris-Michigan
    #6)-Matt Bouldin-Gonzaga
    #7)-Sherron Collins-Kansas
    #8)-Jon Scheyer-Duke
    #9)-Charles Garcia-Seattle
    #10)-Miroslav Raduljica-serbia
    #11)-Alexey Schved-Russia
    #12)-Thomas Heurtel-France
    #13)-Samardo Samuels-Louisville
    #14)-Sylven Landesberg-virginia
    #15)-Ben Uzoh-Tulsa
    #16)-Mac Koshwal-Depaul
    #17)-Denis Clemente-Kansas State
    #18)-Jerome Randle-Cal
    #19)-Micheal Washington-Arkansas
    #20)-Tyren Johnson-UL
    #21)-Aubrey Coleman-Houston
    #22)-Osiris Eldridge-Louisville
    #23)-Marquis Gilstrap-Iowa st.
    #24)-Jerome Dyson-Uconn
    #25)-Aj Ogilvy-Vanderbilt
    #26)-Jeremy Wise-D-LEAGUE-Bakersfield
    #27)-Wayne Chism-Tennessee
    #28)-Aj Slaughter-Western Kentucky
    #29)-Raymar Morgan-Michigan State
    #30)-Elijah Millsap
    #31)-Tyler Smith-USA
    #32)-Mikhail Torrance-Alabama
    #33)-Tommy Mason-Griffin-OKlahoma State
    #34)-Marqus Blakely-Vermont
    #35)-Vladamir Dasic-montenegro
    #36)-Landon Milbourne-maryland
    #37)-Omar Samhan-St. Marys
    #38)-J.P. Prince-Tennessee
    #39)-Deshawn Sims-Michigan
    #40)-Deon Thompson-UNC
    #41)-Edwin Ubele-Siena
    #42)-Dior Lowhorn-USF
    #43)-Jeremy Lin-Harvard
    #44)-Devan Downey-South Carolina
    #45)-Boban Marjanovic-Serbia
    #46)-Marquez Haynes-UTA
    #47)-Jeff Foote-Cornell
    #48)-Ryan Wittman
    #49)-Jaycee Carroll-Utah State
    #50)-Edgar Sosa-Louisville

There are top 50 undrafted Prospects
    Manny Harris?Elijah Millsap?Mikhail Torrance?Mac Koshwal?Aubrey Coleman?
    Will they play Orlando Summer lea for the Pacers?

Default Re: Undrafted Prospects- Who do you want to have in Pacers summer lea roster?

Mikhail Torrance.

And what about Scottie Reynolds? Did someone already pick him up for summer league?

EDIT: Scottie Reynolds apparently will play for Phoenix.
    Last edited by Psyren; 06-26-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Undrafted Prospects- Who do you want to have in Pacers summer lea roster?

Not from a basketball perspective, but Jeremy Lyn from Harvard I have read about. He seems like a real interesting guy and a hard worker. I would love to give him a chance if possible.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

List were undrafted players are going for summer league...

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010...e-to#storyjump
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not from a basketball perspective, but Jeremy Lyn from Harvard I have read about. He seems like a real interesting guy and a hard worker. I would love to give him a chance if possible.
    I agree, Sports Illustrated wrote a great article about him. Seems like a good kid. I don't think he'd have much of a chance on a real NBA roster, but it'd be worth a shot.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

apparently Torrance went undrafted because of a heart issue? He is definatly a guy we should pick up if he is willing to give it a go.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    List were undrafted players are going for summer league...

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010...e-to#storyjump

Looking at this list, I'm surprised considering we don't have a functional PG on the roster (TJ for style of play, AJ for physical reasons) that we haven't secured any summer league commitments from undrafted PGs. Maybe we have an offer to Mikhail that he's weighing but you'd think multiple PGs (like Ben Uzoh and Tweety Carter) wouldn't both sign on for the Nets if one had another offer.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

I would think most undrafted PGs would have the Pacers at the top of their lists given our situation, its probably their best chance at making a roster. If I'm an agent for one of those guys I'm probably campaigning the Pacers to sign my guy if hes a PG.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

The Randle kid from U of Cali.

Ha, looks like the majority of the players already have a commitment. Perhaps we just use our rookies , local guys like Kramer, Grant, Glenn and some D-leaguers

Unless I missed one, I didn't see where any one on the committed list committed to play for the Pacers.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd like to see Mikhail Torrance on our summer team.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

I wouldn't mind seeing Omar Samhan, PF, Saint Mary's & Randle, PG, from UC Berkeley.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post

I'd like to see Mikhail Torrance on our summer team.

I'll 2nd that! I feel it would be a prudent move on the Pacers part to invite him.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    apparently Torrance went undrafted because of a heart issue? He is definatly a guy we should pick up if he is willing to give it a go.
    I was searching around to figure out the nature of the heart condition, but I haven't found much in the way of specifics yet. I was getting really excited that he was going to fall to us, but everyone skipped him and he went undrafted. Unless this condition is such a problem that he can't even be cleared to play pro basketball, I'd think he's at least worth a tryout or something. I hope he gets this issue worked out regardless of where he goes.

If Jeremy Lin can play PG, him.

How about Alexey Shved? He went undrafted, has he signed with a team. I'd be interested in taking a look at him during the summer league

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacer View Post
    I was searching around to figure out the nature of the heart condition, but I haven't found much in the way of specifics yet. I was getting really excited that he was going to fall to us, but everyone skipped him and he went undrafted. Unless this condition is such a problem that he can't even be cleared to play pro basketball, I'd think he's at least worth a tryout or something. I hope he gets this issue worked out regardless of where he goes.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16610

Mikhail Torrance Since he's one of the nicest, most humble prospects in this draft class, it was very difficult seeing Torrance freefall on Thursday before ultimately going undrafted. How does a player go from being a projected first rounder to an undrafted rookie? Torrance got red flagged for a minor heart issue during the Pre-Draft Camp in Chicago and teams backed away.

The condition, called athlete's heart, causes the heart to be enlarged due to high amounts of exercise. It is common in athletes who work out for more than an hour each day as the heart tries to supply extra blood for the body. It is a benign condition but teams see the word "heart" and automatically get scared. He has had athlete's heart his entire life and it has never been a problem. He was always cleared to play in high school and at Alabama and has never been limited by the condition.

Torrance was thought to be the second best point guard in the class behind John Wall and the fact that no team was willing to see past the condition was a surprise. This shocked Torrance as well but always the class act, he took it in stride and looked on the bright side saying that he liked that he could now choose which team he joins. Torrance could have a very successful career and make everyone regret passing on him for the next decade but there's no question that he was hosed on draft night.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    oh make it happen bird make it happen cap off the perfect draft night please!
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

After reading up on Torrance, it seems to me that Bird should have been on the phone with him as soon as the draft was complete. Talk about a low risk, high reward player at a position of need! Perhaps this speaks volumes of Bird's confidence that he will get a trade done for a starting PG before the season starts.
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mikhail Torrance obviously sounds like an interesting prospect but i would like to se AJ Ogilvy out of vandy he's a big guy from australia who would've been a likley 1st round pick a couple of years ago had he not stayed in college

GRANGER!! FOR THE WIN.............. IT'S GOOD!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twowa View Post

After reading up on Torrance, it seems to me that Bird should have been on the phone with him as soon as the draft was complete.

I said this right after the draft, but then we are talking about Bird. This is the same man who immediately called Dahntay after FA opened up last year to get a player to play "D", and the picked up his "over the phone hired coach's option." A waste of time concentrating on picking up a "D" player that his "I don't care about D coach" has a problem using.

Like you Torrance should be recruited to play for the Pacers in the summer league. Don't bet anything you can't afford to lose on Torrance playing for the Pacers in summer league.

Torrance was my 2nd PG pick behind Armon Johnson. I really hoped Bird would draft Torrance in the 2nd round. I just hope Torrace gets picked up by a team and becomes a success. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it will be with the Pacers.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 06-27-2010 at 09:51 AM.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Pretty obvious that I'd bring in Tweety Carter (right behind Wall and Vasquez in APG, much higher A/TO ratio than either of them) and the foolish but still promising Samuels.

Samuels made an epic mistake to come out this year, but he was a top HS recruit and has shown good game. He lost my interest this year and I assumed he'd stay for one more season, but he did improve somewhat as the year went on. Could be "okay, I learned my lesson, my work ethic just went to the roof" guy, ala Brad Miller.

I'm also interested to see what Zoubek, Bouldin and Clemente can do in summer ball. They have drawbacks but also all have ways to make the cut.

BTW, the level of potential talent that missed the cut is crazy. How many "I was once ranked top 25" guys are on that list. Garcia, Collins, Oglivy, Tyler Smith.

Also, isn't Jeff Foote the 7'something giant from Cornell?

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

man there's a lot of good players (showed they were good in college) that didn't get drafted...seems like the biggest list I've ever seen in recent years of good players that went undrafted.

Torrence may have enough leverage to get a partially guaranteed contract as a non drafted player. In any case, I'm sure he has lots of options and he's negotiating with several teams to see who will give him the best deal.