http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...en-competition

Pacers draft choice Paul George faces keen competition

by Mike Wells

Indiana Pacers rookie forward Paul George knows he's playing a position that's the deepest on the roster.

That's fine with him, he's ready for the challenge.

"It's competition," George said during his introductory press conference at Conseco Fieldhouse today. "I knew what to expect coming in. No job is given. You've got to compete for it. I think that will make all of us better. Whatever lineup that we have you'll know that person well-deserved it and he'll be that much better because of the hard work we put in for that position. I'm ready for the challenge."

George, the No. 10 pick in Thursday's draft, joins a wing group that includes Danny Granger, Mike Dunleavy, Dahntay Jones, Brandon Rush and Lance Stephenson.

"The plan is to get a lot of good players, as many as you can and it'll become very clear who should be on the court, what combination of players should be on the court," Pacers coach Jim O'Brien said. "One of the things that Larry tried to establish here over the last couple of years and I think we're well on the way to establishing it, is to change the culture of players here."
George, who left Fresno State after two years, averaged 16.8 points and 7.2 rebounds last season.

"I feel like I can contribute right away, especially I want to come here early and work and make sure I'm ready for when that time does come," he said. "I really, truly believe that in this system and with these people around me that I can fully maximize my potential."

----------

Maybe Brandon needs to take a page out of this book.