Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul George Live Pacers Chat 1 PM Today

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Paul George Live Pacers Chat 1 PM Today

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/chat_george_100625.html

They're blocking the chat plugin here at work. Someone please hook me up with the details. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

All hail King George! KnicksRGarbage's Avatar

Default Re: Paul George Live Pacers Chat 1 PM Today

He was asked if he planned on being a 2 or 3 in the NBA and he said a 2.
    I know he doesn't call the shots but I hope that's where we plug him in at.
    Get rid of "Sleepy" Rush. <---Name stolen from Michael Grady
    I'm pretty excited about King George.
    Coach Vogel on the Chicago crowd in game 4 : "I only heard pacers fans. I didn't see any red, I saw Pacers fans I saw yellow and blue, and I heard Pacers chants. That's all I heard the whole game."

http://www.cacawebdev.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KnicksRGarbage For This Useful Post:

he is also going to be on Dan Dakich very soon. His college coach was on an hour ago - very interesting

Also, here's the transcript. I hope it's readable.
    From Pacers.com http://ht.ly/23jAY

12:58
    Bruno: Greetings, Pacers fans. Conrad Brunner of Pacers.com here with Paul George, the Pacers' No. 1 pick from Fresno State.
    12:58
    Paul George:
    12:59
    Paul George: I'm an outgoing person, just hereto work hard and try to restore some of the great years they had in the past. I was excited to be drafted here. I can't think of any other situation that's better than this, to get the chance to play under Larry Bird and play alongside Danny as well.
    12:59
    [Comment From matt]
    PAUL!!!!! Welcome to INDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIANAPOLIS!!!!!
    1:00
    Paul George: Thank you. This is my second trip. The first trip was my actual workout here so I don't really know what to expect. This will be a learning process for me.
    1:00
    [Comment From Matt]
    Yeah, seriously. I am very excited to see you in an Indiana jersey this year!!
    1:01
    Paul George: So am I. I'm excited for you to come and watch the team.
    1:01
    Paul George: It hasn't really hit me yet. I'm really just going through the process and letting things play out. It hasn't really hit me yet that I'm a professional basketball player.
    1:02
    [Comment From Cory]
    What do you think you can do best to help this Pacers team right away?
    Paul George: I think I can bring a lot of energy and really just pick it up wherever the team needs me to -- 3-point shooting, rebounding, defending.
    [Comment From matt]
    Paul, What are your goals as a Pacer? Also, this maybe a little to soon .. but 2010 Slam Dunk participant?! yes or no?
    1:03
    Paul George: That's too early. I don't have any signature dunks. My style is just to come up with something as it goes.
    [Comment From Jesse]
    How do you feel knowing Larry \"Larry Legend\" Bird seen something special in you? How soon (if not already) do you plan on picking his brain?
    Paul George: It means a lot. He's a legend and for him to see talent in me and that he wants to help me achieve my full potential is amazing.
    1:04
    [Comment From Jon]
    When you heard your name called last night, what was going through your head?
    1:04
    Paul George: A million things. I didn't think I'd get picked right there. I didn't know what to expect. I told my agent not to let me know what was going on. It was just a surprise to me.
    1:05
    [Comment From Allen]
    do you plan on being a 2 or 3 in the nba
    Paul George: I plan on being a two. I think that's where I can really utilize my height and be a matchup problem.
    [Comment From Zane]
    What type of player do you think you will be in 5 years?
    Paul George: I think I'll be a franchise-caliber player.
    [Comment From Gavin]
    Do you feel that you will be able to contribute to this team right away? What areas do you see yourself helping the pacers in terms of winning games?
    1:06
    Paul George: I feel like I can come in and contribute right away. Getting here and working out will really help me. As much work as I can get in, that's what I really want to do to be ready for game time. I want to be another guy out there that can create his own shot. I don't want to leave it all on Danny.
    1:06
    [Comment From David E.]
    What are you looking forward to the most about being a pacer?
    1:07
    Paul George: I know this is a basketball town so I'm really just looking forward to the fans coming out and I'm looking forward to getting a feel for the city.
    [Comment From Gav]
    do you think that you and danny granger could become a tag team?
    Paul George: I think we can be a one-two punch, a pretty powerful punch at that.
    [Comment From Michael]
    As a teams first round draft pick there comes a lot of responsibility, how do you plan on making an impact not only on the organization but on the city of Indianapolis?
    1:08
    Paul George: Just being a hard-worker. Being a first-round pick you do have a target on your back. I want to work hard, be the first guy in and the last guy to leave.
    [Comment From ryan]
    paul, i think you can be an all star eventually. do you believe that as well?
    Paul George: I believe I could become an All-Star eventually.
    1:09
    [Comment From Thatcher]
    Were you suprised to be taken higher than you were projected?
    Paul George: Not really. I put a lot of work in to this so it didn't really surprise me. I knew the hard work would pay off eventually.
    [Comment From Scott]
    I see that you wore #24 in college. Are you planning on wearing that number for the Pacers as well? And can you give a little bit of backstory as to why you have worn that number in the past?
    1:10
    Paul George: I will continue to wear 24. As of now, that's the number I'll go with. It's just been my number ever since I was little. I kind of had this thing with one of my closest friends when I was small -- 2 much 4 u. So I just kind of stuck with it.
    1:10
    [Comment From Doug]
    Which aspect of your game would you like to improve the most moving forward as an Indiana Pacer?
    1:11
    Paul George: Defense because ultimately defense wins championships.
    [Comment From ryan]
    i have heard comparisons to mcgrady and granger. Who do you compare yourself to?
    Paul George: I compare myself to the same people. I feel like I can pan out to be that caliber of player.
    [Comment From Adam]
    Your knock coming into the draft is ball-handling and turnovers? What steps are you taking to improve that from college?
    1:12
    Paul George: Just getting more comfortable handling the ball. I want to spend a lof time in the offseason with ballhandling and that will take care of everything else.
    [Comment From Gav]
    what area of your game are you most proud of?
    Paul George: Just my versatility. I think I can do a lot of things on the court so I'm happy I have that as a part of my game.
    [Comment From Jeremy]
    Who is your favorite NBA player of all-time?
    1:13
    Paul George: Kobe Bryant because he's the hardest worker in the NBA.
    [Comment From Alex G.]
    How good is your 3pt shooting?
    Paul George: Fairly good. I think I'm a pretty good 3-point shooter and with continued work I'll be a good 3-point shooter.
    [Comment From Mark]
    Do you have a nickname or anything other than "Paul George" we can call you, when we're cheering your name come November?
    1:14
    Paul George: P.G. has really just been my nickname. At Fresno they called me King George.
    1:14
    [Comment From Anthony]
    What kind of game can we expect from you this season ? A jump shooter or attacking the basket ?
    1:15
    Paul George: It's hard to say. You've definitely got to go with how the game goes. If teams want to play me tight I'll be an attacker. If they give me space I'll be a jump-shooter.
    [Comment From Dustin]
    Do you like to take the last shot? The Pacers need that kind of killer instinct. Do you think you are the solution to that?
    Paul George: I think it will be Danny's position as the veteran to take the last shot. Early on in my career that will be the position but in college I had no problem with that.
    1:16
    Paul George: Fans, thanks for all your questions but I've got to run to my next stop here at Conseco Fieldhouse. I look forward to playing in front you this season and hope to have more opportunities to chat
    Coach Vogel on the Chicago crowd in game 4 : "I only heard pacers fans. I didn't see any red, I saw Pacers fans I saw yellow and blue, and I heard Pacers chants. That's all I heard the whole game."

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KnicksRGarbage For This Useful Post:

He said he an Granger can be a 1-2 punch.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksRGarbage View Post
    He was asked if he planned on being a 2 or 3 in the NBA and he said a 2.
    I know he doesn't call the shots but I hope that's where we plug him in at.
    Get rid of "Sleepy" Rush. <---Name stolen from Michael Grady
    I'm pretty excited about King George.
    If he is ready to play and deserves 25-30 minutes a game a lot of it will be at shooting guard.

Interestingly his college coach said Paul came into college as a back to the basket center so he had to learn to play outside of the lane

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

In a few years Danny will be Robin and PG24 will be Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Interestingly his college coach said Paul came into college as a back to the basket center so he had to learn to play outside of the lane
    Well, that makes sense...Because the era of the big man is over don't ya know??

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Live Chat
    Which aspect of your game would you like to improve the most moving forward as an Indiana Pacer?
    Paul George: Defense because ultimately defense wins championships.
    Obviously, Obie didn't have anything to do with the draft. Good to hear this from P.G, along with the "I want to be the first one in and last one out" comment. Sounds like he's got the right focus and knows his game. Can't wait to see him suit up and play.

--pizza
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

This is too good to be true. Hope PG isn't just saying these things just to get to my heart.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:

He's saying alot of the right things...seems to have the right attitude coming in. Him working out w/Granger will be a plus! I like what I'm hearing so far. All he's got to do now is show me what he's got over the next 2-yrs. If positive, he has a new fan! If not, he goes the way of Shawn Williams...out the door and a draft pick that failed miserably.

What else did his college coach say?

Quote Originally Posted by ESutt7 View Post
    What else did his college coach say?
    He said a lot of the turnovers were because they asked him to do too much because he was by far their best player, that also hurt his shooting %. Coach would rather George take a contested shot instead of one of his teammates taking a wide open shot.

Said he is a great guy, very personable, hard working, good teammate.

if I think of other things he said, I'll post

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I really think this kid has a lot of upside and can do a lot of great things.

Officially time to ship out Rush, and move George to the 2.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Love the "King George" nickname. It makes me smile

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

George certainly says all the right things...I think I do already like his personality more than Rush.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep">
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

I would still hate to give up Rush unless it was absolutely a must to bring in a top flightyoung PG.....I love the idea of a 4 wing roation of Granger, George, Rush, Stephenson and its nice to have Dahntay as a stop-gap until some of the younger ones are ready to be fulltimers. I must admit I do enjoy George's interviews more than Rush;s though.....Rush needs to take some communication classes or something to be honest, he studders a lot and jus tlooks very uncomfy in front of the camera.....needs to remedy that.

Obie: "It'll quickly become very clear what players need to be on the floor."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Obie: "It'll quickly become very clear what players need to be on the floor."
    Like a trade?
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

[QUOTE=Unclebuck;1018964
    Interestingly his college coach said Paul came into college as a back to the basket center so he had to learn to play outside of the lane[/QUOTE]

I hope he still has some of this in his game. If we've got a 6'9" SG, I'd really like to see him post some dudes up.

On the Shawne Williams front, that was a failure of character, not talent. I still think that Williams, if you're just talking pure physical abilities, had as high of a ceiling as Granger.

I really like that Gragner and George already have a relationship and that George seems to look up to Danny quite a bit. If Danny can keep him in the gym once he's a millionaire, I think this will be a great pick.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:

It can never hurt when your first round pick with a ton of potential looks up to and works out with a guy who has won the "Most Improved Player" award in the NBA and who had earned that award over the course of 3 years to be honest.

Good signs. Good pick.

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

Still cant believe Larry picked PG! Great choice for this organization
    Murph

31. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPride33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride33 View Post
    Still cant believe Larry picked PG! Great choice for this organization
    Couldn't agree more! He may be unknown right now, but the league will know about him 20 games into this coming season.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    In a few years Danny will be Robin and PG24 will be Batman.
    Wouldn't it be so much more fun if he took #13? Then everything good could be rated PG-13!