Thread: Why Does NBA hate Pacers?

Default Why Does NBA hate Pacers?

First off, They went to commercial for BOTH second round picks which i am sure you guys are aware of.

Second, I stayed up late to watch the NBA Draft Recap on NBATV and they break down every first round pick with highlights, along with a little analysis of the 2nd round picks. When they got to the pacers talked about them for about 20 seconds with no highlights and mentioned Lance pick to hurry to a commercial. Why cant they just break down our pick like they do for everyone else? I guess it wont happen until we are relevant again, which is hopefully soon.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sheppie33 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Why Does NBA hate Pacers?

I enjoyed that they spent more time talking about how Hayward "almost" was selected by the Pacers than they spent on the players that were actually selected by the Pacers.

That aside, I would MUCH rather watch/listen to Kenny Smith, David Aldridge, Steve Smith, Bill Self, and Sekou Smith than ESPN's HORRIBLE draft team of Stuart Scott, Jay Bilas, Jeff Van Gundy, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sheppie33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First off, They went to commercial for BOTH second round picks which i am sure you guys are aware of.

Second, I stayed up late to watch the NBA Draft Recap on NBATV and they break down every first round pick with highlights, along with a little analysis of the 2nd round picks. When they got to the pacers talked about them for about 20 seconds with no highlights and mentioned Lance pick to hurry to a commercial. Why cant they just break down our pick like they do for everyone else? I guess it wont happen until we are relevant again, which is hopefully soon.
    Yeah Im ******* pis**d off about this.They show other irrelevant teams second round picks but not ours. So much for staying up late.

We're a sucky team in a small market. Why are you surprised?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Return to Glory View Post
    Yeah Im ******* pis**d off about this.They show other irrelevant teams second round picks but not ours. So much for staying up late.
    Good call. ESPN's draft coverage was beyond terrible. To sum everything up Bilas thinks everyone drafted tonight has the potential to be an excellent player and stay in the league for a long time.

Barry and VanGundy were acceptable, but not great. They provided a few more insights than the "everyone will be an all star Bilas"
    Last edited by Peck; 06-25-2010 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Not sure what you really meant by your statement but this was going to go downhill fast so I did you the favor & removed it.

Back on topic.

Normally I find the idea that the NBA ignores or punishes a team on purpose usually nothing more than tin foil hat material.

However that crap last night was just downright insulting.

I spent almost 40 min. watching thier review of the draft just to see them say we selected Paul George. No real comments, no video, nothing....

As was said they spent more time talking about how dissapointed Indiana was to not draft the Butler kid than they did about us or our picks.

And yes, coincidence I'm sure, but both of our second round picks were put up during the commercials.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

PacerDude

I'm on the west coast and had to work tonight. I saw that a replay of the draft would be on at midnight... so I stayed up to watch... making sure not to check any of the picks.... they did the normal coverage for the first nine picks... then the skipped to commercials... and came back with the 11th pick... completely skipping the taping of the 10th pick.... absolutely nothing about it in the late night replay....

So, I just had to check out some videos online.... sucked... I can't believe they just completely skipped the whole pick w/o mentioning it at all....

But when you are invited, go and sit down in the lowest place, so that when he who invited you comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, go up higher.’ Then you will have glory in the presence of those who sit at the table with you. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:

It's not tin foil hat material. Especially that last pick. They needed a break and the Lakers were up next. They definitely do it on purpose.

ESPN and the NBA are different things.

ESPN has no ability to do any fair and balanced reporting on any subject with any integrity whatsoever.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Honestly, I have said this before, but I think the other GMs don't like Larry. I don't know if it is his personality, or maybe the "falling out" that he and Donnie and the FO had (I don't know if they had a falling out, but if Donnie was pushed out, maybe the other GMs resent that...), but it is obvious that no other team wants to deal with Larry. We even had a GM mocking us (Kahn). We need a GM who is part of the establishment, then WE could get major players for small prices (ala Camby or Gasol), instead of losing every trade as far as value goes.

I am probably just paranoid, but that is how it seems to me.
    Last edited by mildlysane; 06-25-2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: spelling...duh

Banned

because they suck

now now, lets not be paranoid. a lot of second round picks were not actually shown. I doubt it was done on purprose to miss both Pacers selections.

I didn't really hear a thing Bilas or JVG said all night. maybe i'll catch some of the replay later today on NBATV
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 06-25-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    But when you are invited, go and sit down in the lowest place, so that when he who invited you comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, go up higher.’ Then you will have glory in the presence of those who sit at the table with you. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I don't think it's the NBA hates the Pacers more than ESPN has lost its integrity.

ESPN has gotten so big that I think they've forgotten why they used to be good. Now it's all about the money and that means slurping up the big name franchises. I was very disappointed last night watching the draft and feel they didn't offer very much insight at all.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Pacers need to win more and they will be talked about more in the draft and on sportcenter. Oh yea.. and it will also put more butts in seats.
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    I don't know whether or not you are paranoid, but I do know you are mildlysane.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Granville For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    Honestly, I have said this before, but I think the other GMs don't like Larry. I don't know if it is his personality, or maybe the "falling out" that he and Donnie and the FO had (I don't know if they had a falling out, but if Donnie was pushed out, maybe the other GMs resent that...), but it is obvious that no other team wants to deal with Larry. We even had a GM mocking us (Kahn). We need a GM who is part of the establishment, then WE could get major players for small prices (ala Camby or Gasol), instead of losing every trade as far as value goes.

Kahn was nothing but Donnie Walsh's BICH when he was in Indy and he's done nothing to improve Minny since taking over. I'm sure he got his panties in a bunch when Bird was picked as Donnie's successor instead of him! I think that's where the bad blood came from. Not sure how the other GMs in the league feel. Had the pleasure of meeting both DW and Kahn outside of St. Elmo's one evening. Donnie was polite, down to earth, nice guy. Kahn was a smug, self-center PRCK!
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twowa View Post
    Kahn was nothing but Donnie Walsh's BICH when he was in Indy and he's done nothing to improve Minny since taking over. I'm sure he got his panties in a bunch when Bird was picked as Donnie's successor instead of him! I think that's where the bad blood came from. Not sure how the other GMs in the league feel. Had the pleasure of meeting both DW and Kahn outside of St. Elmo's one evening. Donnie was polite, down to earth, nice guy. Kahn was a smug, self-center PRCK!
    im with you. honestly, who cares what kahn thinks? what has he done? how far has he taken the twolves?
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Back on topic.

Normally I find the idea that the NBA ignores or punishes a team on purpose usually nothing more than tin foil hat material.

However that crap last night was just downright insulting.

I spent almost 40 min. watching thier review of the draft just to see them say we selected Paul George. No real comments, no video, nothing....

As was said they spent more time talking about how dissapointed Indiana was to not draft the Butler kid than they did about us or our picks.

And yes, coincidence I'm sure, but both of our second round picks were put up during the commercials.
    Maybe it was just a mere coincidence, but it really sucked that we were the only lottery team that NBA TV looked over and did not show footage or really talk about our pick. It sure felt like they screwed us over.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"