Thread: Bulls/Clips talking Deng/#17 for #8?

Default Bulls/Clips talking Deng/#17 for #8?

Wow the Bulls would luck out, not only getting rid of Deng's contract to have space for almost 2 max contracts, but also adding a nice piece at #8.

Deal is even good for the Clippers who get a good SF to go w/ Davis, Gordon, Griffin and Kaman, and can still get a solid player at #17

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ld-be-good-fit

As we close in on the draft, lots of stuff is being floated, some of it real, some of it fake. Here are a few things I've heard that make sense.

I've been told that the Los Angeles Clippers could trade their No. 8 pick to Chicago for Luol Deng and the Bulls' 17th pick. I haven't gotten confirmation on this from a team official, but this trade is feasible because I know the Clippers aren't enamored with any of the guys they can get with the eighth pick. Also, their biggest position of need is small forward. Adding Deng would give them a starting five of Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Deng, Blake Griffin and Chris Kaman. That's pretty formidable. While this eats up most of the Clippers' cap space, they realize they weren't going to get one of the top-flight free agents anyway, certainly not if Donald Sterling refuses to sell the club.

For the Bulls, this would be an even greater move because they'd clear even more cap space by removing Deng's $10.3 million salary. When adding the $2.1 million they'd have to pay the eighth pick and subtracting the $1.3 million for their 17th pick, the Bulls would still be nearly $30 million under the cap. That's nearly enough to offer both LeBron James and Chris Bosh maximum contracts. To form a nucleus that would include James, Bosh, Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah, you'd think James and Bosh might be willing to give up $1 or $2 million.

Honestly, this deal sounds too good to be true for the Bulls (and yet it makes sense for the Clippers too). We'll see. I'm told the Clippers may also have interest in Detroit's Tayshaun Prince, or that if they keep the pick, they're looking at Al-Farouq Aminu.

Cleveland is trying hard to buy a draft pick and if the above scenario doesn't happen, they may buy the 17th pick from Chicago. One of the players the Cavs are targeting is Kentucky guard Eric Bledsoe, whom some believe could turn into a Rajon Rondo-type player

Default Re: Bulls/Clips talking Deng/#17 for #8?

Wow...If Bulls get get the #8, and somehow manage to sign Lebron....
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wish Lebron would just get out of the Eastern conference. This trade wouldn't help that.

Here comes the full wave of rumors, this one is interesting indeed!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

5. The Following User Says Thank You to odeez For This Useful Post:

Wow. The rare nice move for both teams.

That is a nice move. The only question is, if the kid picked at #8 actually has to put the Clipper hat on. If he does, might as well just take a bat to the knee and save him the trouble.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

I'd want Chicago to throw in a future first if I was LAC. Swallowing Deng's contract majorly helps out the Bulls in the free agent market. It'd still be worth it to Chicago, since it's fairly safe to say they'll land one of the top 5 free agents, maybe two, likely giving them a pick in the 20's.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Do the Bulls draft Aminu at 8 if they think they're getting Lebron? Does this open the door for Aminu to drop to #10?

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Matt (Dayton, Ohio)

Do you think the Clippers Trade the No. 8 pick to the Bulls for Deng and the No. 17th pick?
    Chad Ford (12:33 PM)

Would be a good deal for both teams, but I'm told the Clippers aren't interested. If it was just Deng for a second rounder ... maybe.

Looks like multiple teams are after Deng.

Jun 24, 2010 12:10 PM EST
    According to a source, the Magic and Bulls have discussed a deal centered upon Luol Deng.
    Mickael Pietrus and center Marcin Gortat would come back to Chicago in return.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz0rnD7RFtU

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like multiple teams are after Deng.

Jun 24, 2010 12:10 PM EST
    According to a source, the Magic and Bulls have discussed a deal centered upon Luol Deng.
    Mickael Pietrus and center Marcin Gortat would come back to Chicago in return.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz0rnD7RFtU
    I take it as the Bulls are interested in moving their long-term contracts for the long-term. I'm guessing that they are looking to clear salary beyond the 2011-2012 and the possible implications that the CBA will have on Teams with a lot of salary.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

The original trade doesn't make sense for LA. Deng has a bad contract and there's a considerable difference between the #8 and #17 picks. There's no reason the Clippers, who are FA players themselves, are going to bail Chicago out of Deng's contract and downgrade their pick.

If they're trading the pick, they should go after an Iguodala-type player who would fit nicely at the 3. But sticking with the #8 and picking Aminu isn't a bad idea either.