Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are we reluctant to trade Rush and McRob?

Default Why are we reluctant to trade Rush and McRob?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...hard?eref=sihp
    As long as it makes the team better, I dont know why he would be worried about trading mcroberts or rush.

Default Re: Why are we reluctant to trade Rush and McRob?

McBob, I'm sure it's partially because of a hometown thing. But the kid would be better off on a team that would give him a chance.

Rush, I think because he's so talanted. Because my personal fear is that once he gets in a legit system, he becomes a very very good player. His drawback is his personality. If he had AJ, Roy or Tyler's mentality, he'd be the second best player on the team. But he's simply passive and laid back.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rush, I think because he's so talanted. Because my personal fear is that once he gets in a legit system, he becomes a very very good player. His drawback is his personality. If he had AJ, Roy or Tyler's mentality, he'd be the second best player on the team. But he's simply passive and laid back.
    It makes you kinda wish someone in the stands would insult his mama just to get him angry and start showing SOME emotion. Rush makes Jim Caldwell look like Rex Ryan.

PFFL?

:faint:
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    PFFL?

Pardon my ignorance, but what the hell is PFFL?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    It makes you kinda wish someone in the stands would insult his mama just to get him angry and start showing SOME emotion. Rush makes Jim Caldwell look like Rex Ryan.
    Josh McRoberts' mom is having an affair with tubesock.

Banned

Because we like nice guys.

Well, a lot of us have liked what we've seen on their games. I know I love the way Rush plays defense, and still remember that game late in his rookie year against Wade....and see that as his upside. McRoberts? I honestly had 0 expectations for the kid when the trade was made. As I see him get the playing time that he does I see some serious energy, and I think he really enjoys playing here.

Both players may have more value to the Pacers than they do to other teams. I'm not against trading them, but if they are traded I'm going to follow their careers closely.

Pardon my ignorance, but what the hell is PFFL?
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=41344
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Well, for me personally.. besides McRoberts being a hometown kid that I wish all the luck in the world to , to succeed.... He is very exciting to watch.. The entertainment factor is most definitely there with McBob.. He is a VERY awesomely fun player to watch .. and he is getting better as he gets more PT..

I think with getting more familiarity and PT , McBob is really starting to show why at one time , he was so highly touted coming out of high-school .
    He is very talented , has a nose for the ball , has enormous amount of energy , that .... for the most part, he has learned to better harness it with the increased PT he has earned ..

His passing skills are impeccable for a big man..You don't see too many guys his size do no-look passes or behind the back/over the head passes very often and be successful when doing them..
    He is a hell of a finisher on the fast break , and is almost guaranteed to give the fans at least 1 or 2 awesome highlight reel dunks per game.. lol....

He has a very good court awareness.. But sometimes early on , he looked a little lost at times . But I believe it was because of him having to make up for the lapse of defense from other players missing their assignments .. a'la Murphy *ahem* lolz , as well as so little/sporadic PT..

IMO he is light years ahead of Foster at his age in comparison to Foster when he was close to same age.. They are similar players in some aspects.. If only McBob had Fosters veteran knowledge of the game , he would be so much better ..

I just want Larry and JOB to continue to give this kid a chance !!!
    It isn't like he is a 28 year old career backup .. the kid is 23 years old.. He is still younger than anyone currently on our roster..

I personally enjoy watching him play every single time he is on the court..
    Believe it or not .. it is not an easy thing for a player , to have fans so endearing to them , if there wasn't something there that we all see in him .. BIG POTENTIAL... Same goes for Hibbert , and Price and Rush to a slightly lesser degree..

Even Tyler to some extent.. even though he hasn't played very many games.. there are still alot of us who see that potential of what he could very well turn out to be.. And we most certainly do not wanna give up on them so early and easily.. Then it come to bite us in the a$$ when they become that player we saw flashes of... on another team becoming a VERY good player or a possible all star/borderline all star (not saying any will become an A.S. ... just saying..)

I STILL say , providing Tyler comes back and is able to stay healthy , that a PF tandem of McBob/Hansbrough would simply be awesome... providing we can get other pieces in here that will complete the puzzle that is the Indiana Pacers..

As far as Rush , I'll save that for a few posts down .. gotta go get some grub ..lol

Last edited by Kemo; 06-23-2010 at 11:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Both are good young backups moving forward.

I think Josh backing up Roy at center would be good and also Brandon backing up a veteran say Michael Redd at SG.

I don't have the much concern for McRoberts. He's a good role player, but I won't miss him if he was traded.

Rush, on the other hand...To me, he has a lot of upside and potential. He's just one of those players who I truly believe will "break-out" if he was traded to another team. He's good enough where you want to hold on to him, but not bad enough where you can comfortably trade him away and then kick yourself later. After this season, we'll know what type of player he really is.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    I think Josh backing up Roy at center would be good and also Brandon taking over for a veteran say Michael Redd at SG once Redd goes down in the 2nd week of the season when he tears his ACL and misses the rest of the year.
    Fixed.

Fixed.
    I don't see that happening again, but if it does we're prepared with Brandon.

I agree with a lot of posters here, I think they have both shown great abilities for young players in the league. For starters they are easily the most athletic guys we have at their positions on the roster. And we definitely do not need to get less athletic as a team. And also, McRoberts has a very unique skill set for a big, and I think that Rush has defensive stopper potential. I wouldn't be opposed to trading them in the right deal though. I just haven't heard one yet I like personally.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

If we could give up Rush or McRoberts in a deal that would send Darren collison to Indiana, I'd do it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

PFFL?

Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    If we could give up Rush or McRoberts in a deal that would send Darren collison to Indiana, I'd do it.
    If we could give up Rush and McRoberts in a deal that would send Darren collison to Indiana, I'd do it

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    If we could give up Rush and McRoberts in a deal that would send Darren collison to Indiana, I'd do it
    While still keeping the #10 pick, right?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

PFFL?

YEah I wondered that too Kegger.

So I'm asking straight up, Pacerfan4life....are you the original or The Son Of PFFL ??
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

A PFFL poster, or fascimile thereof? Just in time for the draft!!!!
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    While still keeping the #10 pick, right?
    oh what the heck, throw in pick #10 - let me say this being more serious. if hayward is he best player available at the 10th pick then sure would include the 10th pick and that tells me this draft stinks

I think the reluctance to part with either Brandon Rush or Josh McRoberts has a few factors in it:

• Health of player who comes either befor or after them.
    • Player salaries
    • Health of potential acquisition
    • Youth movement on the Pacers' roster
    Looking at the positions both Rush and McRob play, SG and PF respectively, when you look at who's left given the potential acquisitions - New Orleans' Darren Collison, San Antonio's George Hill, Denver's Ty Lawson and Minnesota's Jonny Flynn - you have to ask yourself how do they restock these positions in gaining a player to support a completely different positions?

As things currently stand for the Pacers at SG and PF, you have the potential of trading Troy Murphy. Since nothing has evolved in as far as a solid trade using him yet, it probably wouldn't be wise to give up McRob right now w/Hansborough's health still uncertain and moving Soloman Jones over to his natural PF position probably wouldn't work either because he's no more a veteran player than McRoberts although IMO McRob has more of an upside than Solo. Looking at SG, you have Granger if you move him to SG. Otherwise, you're left with Dunleavy who's health is still suspect and Dahntay Jones who's not a prolific 3-pt shooter. Beyond those two, the Pacers really don't have alot more going for them at SG. So, unless they're able to get a damned good perimeter shooting PG, ala, Chauncey Billips, it really doesn't make sense for the Pacers to make a move at this time.

Now, statistically speaking, Collison is the better player (you can use NBA.com's player-to-player comparsion feature and see the results for yourself), but his contract posses a problem for the Pacers. He's under contract (non-guaranteed) thru 2014, but becomes a Restricted FA starting next season 2011/12) meaning the Pacers would have to dump salary (roughly alittle over $7M) to retain him. That's not alot of money in the grand scheme of NBA contracts expecially considering they'd have tons of cap space to work with after the 2011/12 season. Still, the problem is if you give up BRush and McRob, how do you replace that up and coming talent?

I haven't heard anything on the injury front concerning the four PGs mentioned whom the Pacers apparently are interested in, but they'd obviously still have to be concerned for the health of the player they do acquire to fill whatever void comes if they decide to move ahead with a trade involving BRush and/or McRob. So, while on the surface it make look like a simple matter of trading BRush and McRob for another PG, but when you take a step back it's really not as easy to do as it sounds. Moving 2 players for 1 works only if you're retooling and the player you receive will fill one of the two vacate positions. If not, you have other problems they could come back to hurt you.
    Last edited by NuffSaid; 07-01-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Sports Logo

I have no problem trading BRush or McRoberts....because I think that they have some value...I want to get something back in return that is decent. If we don't get something better in return....then I'd much rather keep the both of them.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

i have no idea?
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP