Thread: Chad Ford on Mike And Mike ESPN...Pacers mentioned

Default Chad Ford on Mike And Mike ESPN...Pacers mentioned

on the way home from working 3rds I heard chad ford on mike and mike. 1st thing talked about was the pacers trade activity. I believe the only player he mentioned was tony parker and deal with san antonio. He didn't mention it was in the works, but did just mention it only,

The only other thing mike asked was about wall. Also mentioned cousins and detroit.

Do find it interesting pacers only team mentioned among trading.
    Last edited by bambam; 06-23-2010 at 08:49 AM.
    Bambam

Follow me on Twitter @http://twitter.com/brockhubble

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bambam For This Useful Post:

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chad Ford on Mike And Mike ESPN...Pacers mentioned

Good to know! Thanks for the reporting!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two things I loved hearing from this:

1. The Pacers want to make a BIG trade - This tells me that Larry is looking for a home run in the likes of a great player next to Danny Granger. From the chatter I have heard this week, I believed that they were going to try to make smaller trades (like the Brandon Rush draft day deal). A big trade sounds better.

2. That Larry wants to get this team moving in the right direction before he retires - It at least sounds like he is not content with having just a high character team, but wants to make them competitive in the NEAR future, not next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by microwave_oven View Post
    Two things I loved hearing from this:

1. The Pacers want to make a BIG trade - This tells me that Larry is looking for a home run in the likes of a great player next to Danny Granger. From the chatter I have heard this week, I believed that they were going to try to make smaller trades (like the Brandon Rush draft day deal). A big trade sounds better.

2. That Larry wants to get this team moving in the right direction before he retires - It at least sounds like he is not content with having just a high character team, but wants to make them competitive in the NEAR future, not next summer.
    Not to be a downer on all this, but...

LB may WANT to make a big deal, but he has to find someone to deal WITH. If he gives it his best shot and it still doesn't happen, we can't fairly put all the blame on him. We should remember that.

and...

If all the Pacers do is get a player to complement Granger, they haven't really done anything. I like Granger, but I still say if he is your best player, you aren't going anywhere.

When was the last time a Granger level player led a team to even a conference title, let alone an NBA title. Division? Maybe, but that would be about it.

So anyway, if Bird is going to shoot high, more power to him. But he needs to shoot VERY high, and his gun doesn't have much in the way of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post

LB may WANT to make a big deal, but he has to find someone to deal WITH. If he gives it his best shot and it still doesn't happen, we can't fairly put all the blame on him. We should remember that.

and...

If all the Pacers do is get a player to complement Granger, they haven't really done anything. I like Granger, but I still say if he is your best player, you aren't going anywhere.

When was the last time a Granger level player led a team to even a conference title, let alone an NBA title. Division? Maybe, but that would be about it.

So anyway, if Bird is going to shoot high, more power to him. But he needs to shoot VERY high, and his gun doesn't have much in the way of ammo.
    Very true, you don't want a player like Granger to be what you build around. If you want to win with a Granger type player as your best player then you need to have a bunch of starters around him that are just under his skill level, and one of the best benches in the league. An example would be the 2004 Detroit Pistons, but those teams don't tend to be long term endeavors. They are together for about 3 years then fall apart.

good new give me more!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Very true, you don't want a player like Granger to be what you build around. If you want to win with a Granger type player as your best player then you need to have a bunch of starters around him that are just under his skill level, and one of the best benches in the league. An example would be the 2004 Detroit Pistons, but those teams don't tend to be long term endeavors. They are together for about 3 years then fall apart.
    Hey, if we can get at least one championship from this team before I depart this lovely rock, so be it.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Hey, if we can get at least one championship from this team before I depart this lovely rock, so be it.
    I agree with these sentiments. If we can get just two more players of Granger's level.. like Garnett and Allen.

Oh wait, you mean there is an offer for Jefferson, who can be our garnett? And we can get Parker by trading away the 10th pick?

Sign me up.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Please tell me you didn;t just put Granger on Garnett's level!!
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm in bizarro world.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Please tell me you didn;t just put Granger on Garnett's level!!
    Did you see Garnett and Allen play this year? At the tail end of their careers, I'd be worried if Granger was not as good as Garnett/Allen...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    Did you see Garnett and Allen play this year? At the tail end of their careers, I'd be worried if Granger was not as good as Garnett/Allen...
    The Celtics were 1 win away from being World Champions.

You should be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert Stilinski View Post
    The Celtics were 1 win away from being World Champions.

You should be worried.
    They had Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Kendrick Perkins. Four all stars in five starting positions.

We had Earl Watson !?!?, Brandon Rush, Danny Granger, Troy Murphy, and Roy Hibbert. One all star in five positions, and everyone on the Celtics would start over the Pacers, except for maybe Granger/Pierce.

Now you tell me that Rondo/Allen/Granger/Garnett/Perkins wouldn't have been the same if not better, and I'll be a monkey.

Now tell me that Watson/Allen/Granger/Garnett/Hibbert wouldn't have made the playoffs, and I would be shocked.

And you tell me that Parker/Dunleavy/Granger/Jefferson/Foster won't make the playoffs, then I say that we should blow up the team.

Paul Pierce is an 8 time all-star. Sure he is past his prime, but when comparing careers Danny Granger is only a poor man's Paul Pierce, and I love Danny and hate the Celtics.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Paul Pierce is an 8 time all-star. Sure he is past his prime, but when comparing careers Danny Granger is only a poor man's Paul Pierce, and I love Danny and hate the Celtics.
    While I would agree with that, I think I would take Danny this year over Paul Pierce, and definitely last year's Danny over last year's Pierce.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Oh, so all I need to do to get something is just want it. Here I thought other people had some say in the equation.

Bird - "Hey, I want Lebron for the Dun and Troy contracts."
    World Wide Wes - "Done! You only had to ask."

Is there any doubt that Bird has always wanted to win? What is in question is his methodology. What we are hearing is that he's in a swing for the fence mode after playing it pretty conservative the last few years.

We know he's really pushing the PG situation which implies that either Watson isn't coming back or he feels that Ford 100% can be moved by the deadline at least. Price it hurt so we do need a backup PG, but if he's going for Flynn or Parker then it sounds like Ford is moving out sooner.

It also sounds like he is pushing to use the salary space now in a trade more than just hanging onto it, at least if a Parker type deal is being discussed. That's also a change from what Larry seemed to be saying even a few months ago when it sounded more like he would just let the contracts expire and try the FA market. To me it's smarter to use the contracts for a trade now than to chase FAs later.

Houston just did that with Martin, rather than waiting to get into the crazy James, Bosh, Wade, etc market. Morey even discussed this with Simmons in detail, talking about how to him this was the smarter way to get the guy you wanted.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    Yeah, but the problem is that the original point was implying the original big 3 construction when we all know this year's version was more about Rondo, Davis and Perkins than it was about KG and Ray.

Not sure that Jefferson is that dramatically better than Hibbert if he's got injury concerns and poor defense, and Parker is 100% not Rondo caliber.

And btw, I'm pretty sure that JOB is not Doc Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    It also sounds like he is pushing to use the salary space now in a trade more than just hanging onto it, at least if a Parker type deal is being discussed. That's also a change from what Larry seemed to be saying even a few months ago when it sounded more like he would just let the contracts expire and try the FA market. To me it's smarter to use the contracts for a trade now than to chase FAs later.

Houston just did that with Martin, rather than waiting to get into the crazy James, Bosh, Wade, etc market. Morey even discussed this with Simmons in detail, talking about how to him this was the smarter way to get the guy you wanted.
    Something like being offer Parker/Jefferson. If that is what you are saying I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post

and...

The problem with the home run deal is that they inevitably include asking your owner to take on a bunch of money when the team is already losing a ton of it and your trying to renegotiate your arena lease and the league is about to renegiotiate the collective bargaining agreement.

We can probably acquire Al Jefferson or Monta Ellis or Emeka Okafor for virtually nothing if Simon is willing to take on $120mm worth of contractual obligations.

The real problem is that you obviously cant ask your owner to do any of that and you are back to looking at guys like Ty Lawson and Raymond Felton who may be nice players but will likely not help you play a significant game after Christmas.

Im okay with that until the CBA and arena lease gets done but what infuriates me the most is that without all these ridiculous late March early April winning streaks we might already have a Steph Curry and Evan Turner on our roster making rookie scale wages.

Thats how you acquire superstars and difference makers in this league (for the most part) not by pulling off the blockbuster trade that involves taking back no bad contracts.

So many threads in which to post this, so here are my thoughts.

Anyone else watch those TV shows like Animals Behaving Badly ?? When Things Go Wrong ?? Maximum Exposure ?? What is supposed to be a calm, normal situation suddenly goes completely wrong. They set things up, roll the video and them WHAM !! Stupidity and/or a bad situation happens.

I get the same feeling from Bird and this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by NappyRootz View Post
    Im okay with that until the CBA and arena lease gets done but what infuriates me the most is that without all these ridiculous late March early April winning streaks we might already have a Steph Curry and Evan Turner on our roster making rookie scale wages.

Thats how you acquire superstars and difference makers in this league (for the most part) not by pulling off the blockbuster trade that involves taking back no bad contracts
    The issue is that even if we are offered a good contract (Jefferson) we are not taking it and that we don't have a Curry or a Turner on our roster. We have Acie Law's and Spencer Hawes, and those apparently can get you Sammy Dalemberts.

Oh, so all I need to do to get something is just want it.
    LOL reminds me of that old saying to "hold "crap" in one hand.. . and "want" in the other... see which one holds more weight"

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

And btw, I'm pretty sure that JOB is not Doc Rivers.
    You dont need Doc Rivers, just great players. If we take out the last 3 years when JOB had this super sweet Pacers roster and Rivers had 3 hall of famers and Rondo, JOB has the better numbers.
    JOB regular season .535% playoffs .451%
    Rivers regular season.466% playoffs .363%

I dont really care for either one of them.