Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul George will be the best player from this draft in 5 years (article)

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Paul George will be the best player from this draft in 5 years (article)

Man this is the first time I've watched video of Paul George and his skills...and I'm VERY impressed. I definitely wouldn't mind the Pacers getting him in the draft if his game carries over to the NBA.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Paul George will be the best player from this draft in 5 years (article)

Quote Originally Posted by REL31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    dang...his dunks look effortless

Yeah seems like everything he does looks effortless and controlled, he doesn't seem to be bother or rushed when shooting and seems to shoot over people with ease. Final thing is that he seems to know how to use his body to block of defenders when going to the hole and making it hard for them to block his shots.

Oh one of the weaknesses that I have heard about him is that he needs to work on his handles, especially if he want so to play the 2

Sports Logo

I really wonder if he could play the SG spot.....don't you have to be quick enough while having enough lateral speed to be able to guard guys that will likely be smaller and quicker then he is?

When I see him...I think that he's a clone of Granger....heck, I'm seeing visions of the whole "Shawne Williams / Danny Granger experiment....PT2.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I don't think he lacks effort, it just looks that way because he's smooth. I seriously doubt he drops to us.

Sports Logo

If the Grizzlies really want George....we should do what the Nets are rumored to be doing to the TWolves....hold the pick hostage. If Udoh is available at the 12th spot....the Pacers should tell the Grizzlies to give us 12+16 in exchange for Paul George.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I wonder if Danny is lobbying for him to come here with TPTB.

This is the player I want the Pacers to take.
    “It is what we learn after we know it all that really counts” - John Wooden

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dlewyus For This Useful Post:

I voted fro George on a poll for who I wanted out of the draft. When he came in at 6'9" during the predraft camp his stock has soared. He is projected to be a SG. He would fit in perfect with Granger. They would be interchangeable. George would be a steal in the draft. The sad thing is that George will be gone by the 10th pick. If not we BETTER take him.

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    I voted fro George on a poll for who I wanted out of the draft. When he came in at 6'9" during the predraft camp his stock has soared. He is projected to be a SG. He would fit in perfect with Granger. They would be interchangeable. George would be a steal in the draft. The sad thing is that George will be gone by the 10th pick. If not we BETTER take him.
    Who do u see picking him bfore 10?
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

the only way i would be ok with pacers not taking George is if the pick is used in a trade for a stud PG (flynn, lawson, collison
    Murph

Oh I am drunk with all these possibilities! I just hope one comes through!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    Who do u see picking him bfore 10?
    I've heard that the Clippers are pretty interested in George and Xavier Henry.
    Grown Man Ball

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    I've heard that the Clippers are pretty interested in George and Xavier Henry.
    If someone does take him before 10 at least that means someone is going to slide that we may not have had a chance at.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

I hope Bird isn't scared of George because the pick could appear Shawne Williams-esque.

If we could walk away with one of: Monroe, Aminu, George, Udoh on draft night, I consider it a success. They'll probably go 6, 7, 8, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    But do you get my point?.

It seems like Bird and Company are in win now mode. That way of thinking isn't always bad but wininng now so Bird keeps his job is not necessarily the direction you want your franchise to go if you are holding the highest lottery pick in ten years.

If we don't trade for our pg of the future then keep the pick and grab Paul George. If he is there of course.

The thing with the Clippers is they have their PF of the future already in Blake Griffin, their SG in Eric Gordon and a very good C in Kaman and a star PG in Baron Davis (even if some people don't think so). They need a SF badly and George would fill that role perfectly for them.

I could easily see them taking him before we get to pick.
    Grown Man Ball

Says He grew up a Clippers fan. So there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    The thing with the Clippers is they have their PF of the future already in Blake Griffin, their SG in Eric Gordon and a very good C in Kaman and a star PG in Baron Davis (even if some people don't think so). They need a SF badly and George would fill that role perfectly for them.

I could easily see them taking him before we get to pick.
    Or Al-Farouq Aminu. If he is there at 8.

Mood

Tidbits from Drafexpress

Al-Farouq Aminu reportedly canceled his workout in Detroit. He much prefers going to the Clippers. Has a promise from them. Pencil him in.
    2010-06-22 16:03:03

Detroit: Barring a trade or Cousins somehow falling past Warriors (not happening), Ed Davis will be going 7. Al-Farouq "doesn't make sense."
    2010-06-22 15:37:04

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/twitter.php#ixzz0rdJnqtmu
    http://www.draftexpress.com

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Tidbits from Drafexpress
    I've got my crossables crossed, that the info posted is legit and they do pass on George.
    Grown Man Ball

What the Pacers should do is agree to trade one of our expiring 10M contracts + Rush to NO for Collison and Okafor and then take this guy @ 10 or the best available player. We solve 3 problems and after the coming year we only have 35M or so in guaranteed contracts. Okafor is slightly overpaid but still brings alot to the table. I don't see Rush ever being a great player that takes you to another level. Is Okafors contract that bad that he's a deal breaker. when not only does he and Collison start (likely) but we have enough contracts going away that the entire core of players we want to keep we will be able too.
    Last edited by aceace; 06-22-2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: collison for collins
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aceace For This Useful Post:

Mood

Ed Davis being family friends with Big Ben... that connection makes sense (could even see them bring Ben back to be his big man coach...)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    What the Pacers should do is agree to trade one of our expiring 10M contracts + Rush to NO for Collison and Okafor and then take this guy @ 10 or the best available player. We solve 3 problems and after the coming year we only have 35M or so in guaranteed contracts. Okafor is slightly overpaid but still brings alot to the table. I don't see Rush ever being a great player that takes you to another level. Is Okafors contract that bad that he's a deal breaker. when not only does he and Collins start (likely) but we have enough contracts going away that the entire core of players we want to keep we will be able too.
    Yeah I have a feeling that the Collison deal is the easiest to do w/o our #10... as long as we get the guy we want at 10 (hopefully George)...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    I liked him in Rat Patrol.
    That would be Christopher George. However, I did like Rat Patrol.

Mood

Question if we take on Okafor then what do we do with him, do you propose that we have him start, Hibbert start, play Okafor at the 4...? What is left on his deal by the way?