Thread: So my iPhone 3G appears to be stuck restoring?

Default So my iPhone 3G appears to be stuck restoring?

I downloaded the new iOS 4 this afternoon, then told it to install once it was ready.

It initiated around 1:30pm, and by 3:00 or so I decided to reset the device and try again because it had gotten "stuck" where, on my PC, it said "Restoring iPhone software..." with the meter looking to be about 95% complete. Meanwhile, my iPhone showed the Apple logo along with a white progress/loading bar underneath, and it appeared to be at about 60%. It had stayed that way for several minutes before I decided to punt and try again.

So the second attempt was underway at about 3:30. Things looked fine and were progressing along.

When I left for work at about 4:50, it had been back to 95% on the PC and 60% on the iPhone for approximately an hour and 15 minutes straight.

I've just now gotten home and have checked on it, and as of 10:27PM it's STILL at 95% on my PC and 60% on my iPhone! So we're talking almost seven hours here.

Am I just screwed, or should I expect it to be okay by the time I get up tomorrow morning if I leave it alone now?

Assuming Radio Shack's pre-order of my iPhone 4 didn't get screwed up by Apple, I should be getting my new phone anyway on Thursday, but it would still kind of blow not to have a phone the next few days.....

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: So my iPhone 3G appears to be stuck restoring?

Can you call apple care?
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Since yours was jailbroken, you had to restore to legit firmware, then upgrade to iOS4.

Well, I'm finally up and running w/ iOS 4.0.

In the end, after a lot of troubleshooting with Duke via PMs (Thanks, sir), he called it a night and I was close to doing the same, but when I looked in my preferences, there was a backup saved for my iPhone, which, after I deleted it, I was able to restore my phone and install 4.0 on the next try.

Go figure.

I'm just happy it worked.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post: