Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

To me Rush makes more sense then Hibbert... If I remember right Minny played allot of 2 PG's at once last season... and only drafting W. Johnson won't fix there lack of depth/ talent at the wing for them... but drafting Johnson and getting Rush would. (plus then they could draft a big with the 10, like say Udoh).

Plus I see us 10x's more likely to be willing to include Rush than Hibbert... I think we are just looking at Orton and Whiteside for depth... since they are projects and in no way can fill in what Hibbert does now.

Just my opinion...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Default Re: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To me Rush makes more sense then Hibbert... If I remember right Minny played allot of 2 PG's at once last season... and only drafting W. Johnson won't fix there lack of depth/ talent at the wing for them... but drafting Johnson and getting Rush would. (plus then they could draft a big with the 10, like say Udoh).

Plus I see us 10x's more likely to be willing to include Rush than Hibbert... I think we are just looking at Orton and Whiteside for depth... since they are projects and in no way can fill in what Hibbert does now.

Just my opinion...
    Yeah I agree. Brewer has disappointed, everyone knows they need more scoring punch on the wings. They could go into next season with a brand new 2/3 combo of Rush/Wes Johnson which could be a nice combo. Then they have Love and Rubio and will probably try to move Jefferson for something.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ESutt7 For This Useful Post:

personally I dont think anything is going down till draft day. I think Bird will want to weigh out his options and see if Monroe or Cousins will fall to #10.

I dont think we'll see anything major happening before Thurs evening
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    personally I dont think anything is going down till draft day. I think Bird will want to weigh out his options and see if Monroe or Cousins will fall to #10.

I dont think we'll see anything major happening before Thurs evening
    I agree... but I think it's if Monroe or Aminu drops... 0 chance Cousins drop past Pistons... (and close to same odds w/ Monroe dropping to us, but not 100% impossible, but close..)

Just like 2 or so teams are going to need to overdraft and or draft wings (Henry/Hayward) after everyone thought they are going for bigs for either Monroe or Aminu to drop...

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    I agree... but I think it's if Monroe or Aminu drops... 0 chance Cousins drop past Pistons... (and close to same odds w/ Monroe dropping to us, but not 100% impossible, but close..)

Just like 2 or so teams are going to need to overdraft and or draft wings (Henry/Hayward) after everyone thought they are going for bigs for either Monroe or Aminu to drop...
    it happened to Bayless
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

it happened to Bayless
    Bayless is/was a tweener... so teams had to decide if they wan't a combo/ scoring style PG or more pure style... and obviously teams went with players that had more PG skills...

Cousins isn't... he's a solid 5... teams just have to battle the talent vs. attitude... After the 1st pick every team is possibly interested in a big besides the clippers it seems and Houston is trying to trade up to get him (plus Detroit trying to trade up from 7).

I have my own opinion on Cousins (whether or not I'd take him), but not going to derail the thread by going there...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would trade all 3 of our picks and Murphy to get Al Jefferson. (Maybe another contract to MIN if we get a 3rd team in the trade)

Anyone, but our main core guys I would trade to get Jefferson. I've been impressed with his aggressive defense and offense in the post and the fact that he's better off playing PF would be great for this team.

Minnesota doesn't seem 100% satisfied with him. I'm sure they'd be willing to listen to offers for Jefferson.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Minnesota turns down Indy's offer of the #10 pick for Johnny Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I'd rather have Sessions.

Sessions
    2.6 mil TE

Foster... expiring
    rights to Lorbek/Stanko
    How about TJ expiring :P

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    What's the rest of the package?
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you're LB, Would you trade this years first, and a future first for Al Jefferson, AND Flynn?
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Forget about Al Jefferson. He is not that good. Never be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjammers View Post

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Yeah, he was only and All-Star in the 08-09 season.

Making the All Star team means nothing. The Pacers need players that win games.

I can only assume then that you would be looking to trade Granger ASAP?

By that logic, the Lakers shouldn't have traded for Gasol, whose knock was that he couldn't lead the Grizz out of the first round. And the Wolves should never have traded for Garnett, who played for too many terrible Timberwolves teams to mention.

Sometimes, you're just a decent player on terrible team. In the frozen Minnesota winter. Playing alongside Darko Milicic.

Not saying Jefferson's as good as Gasol or Garnett, just saying that judging him by his failure to transform a terrible Timberwolves team into a contender is unfair.

He is what he is. A solid low post banger who can command double teams many nights (that's worth a ton all by itself for your offense, imagine Granger driving from the weakside as guys try to recover from a double on Jefferson) and grab some boards while being limited by his slow feet and poor defensive instincts. I wouldn't mind him on our team.
    Last edited by bulldog; 06-22-2010 at 12:48 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bulldog For This Useful Post:

To be honest, this is the best deal the Pacers have been connected to.

Lawson for #10 straight up?

Collison plus a bad contract for #10/Murphy?

Parker(EC) for #10/Rush/Murphy?

Flynn/#16/#23 for #10 and......?

Depending on which players fill in the blanks the Minny deal is easily the best. You get your young PG AND you still get 2 1st round picks in the draft to address other needs. Anyone other then Hibbert/Granger is golden (though I suspect Kahn wants one of them). But this otherwise is by far the best deal.

That being said, I could see a Wolves deal happening either w/o Flynn, or removing either #16 or #23 from the equation

Jefferson only put up all star numbers that year because he was fed the ball every time down the court. They had no other scorers. If he played for the Pacers he wouldn't get nearly as many touches because Granger would be getting a lot of shots also.

How can you possibly compare Jefferson to Gasol and Garnet? Gasol went to the playoffs a number of times with the lowly Grizzlies and Garnet got to the Conference Finals with a total dog of a team.

Jefferson also has never played defense in his life.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to bigjammers For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/16729358922

This is a no-brainer. Im assuming this would be #10 + Rush for #16, #23 + Flynn. Bird has to be a moron not to take this trade. This would mean we could also pick up Orton or Patterson with the #16 and possibly someone like Brackins with the #23.
    This just in. Media sources confirm the following quote from Minnesota GM David Kahn:

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" click

Jefferson only put up all star numbers that year because he was fed the ball every time down the court. They had no other scorers. If he played for the Pacers he wouldn't get nearly as many touches because Granger would be getting a lot of shots also.

How can you possibly compare Jefferson to Gasol and Garnet? Gasol went to the playoffs a number of times with the lowly Grizzlies and Garnet got to the Conference Finals with a total dog of a team.

Jefferson also has never played defense in his life.

The Twolves in 03-04 were anything but a dog of a team. That was the year they had Spree and Cassell (who made his only AS Game) playing out of their mind alongside an MVP Garnett. That Twolves was team by far the best team Garnett ever played on in Minnesota, hence why they got to the WCF's......They were one of the best teams in the NBA all season. Once those guys left/went downhill, the Twolves stunk and Garnett missed the playoffs 3 straight seasons. Kind of sounds like the situation Jefferson is in now........

Gasol's 06 Grizz that won 49 games weren't that bad. He had 6 other guys averaging double figures with him so they had plenty of offense.

Besides, bulldog wasn't trying to compare Jefferson to Garnett or Gasol. He was just accurately pointing out that they didn't exactly have a plethora of success before going to the situations they are in now.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    To be honest, this is the best deal the Pacers have been connected to.

Lawson for #10 straight up?

Collison plus a bad contract for #10/Murphy?

Parker(EC) for #10/Rush/Murphy?

Flynn/#16/#23 for #10 and......?

Depending on which players fill in the blanks the Minny deal is easily the best. You get your young PG AND you still get 2 1st round picks in the draft to address other needs. Anyone other then Hibbert/Granger is golden (though I suspect Kahn wants one of them). But this otherwise is by far the best deal.

That being said, I could see a Wolves deal happening either w/o Flynn, or removing either #16 or #23 from the equation
    Well, yeah, but that's the kicker. This isn't like trading a "player to be named later", and as Pacer fans, I sincerely doubt we are going to like who those players are that fill in the blanks. I believe Wells when he said Minnesota turned down our offer of #10 pick for Flynn. If the Wolves countered by offering us Flynn, #16, and #23, one would have to assume that they are going to want a legitimate player in return. By my count (sorry Rush fans), we have only two: Granger and Hibbert. Judging by how Minnesota needs a shooter and covet Granger, that's not a stretch, but again, you'd have to think that they would know that isn't enough to get him. Minny also needs a legit center, so Hibbert obviously fills a need there as well. As much as us Pacer fans would love those blanks to be filled by Murphy, Ford, Dunleavy, Solo, etc...it's just not going to happen.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

d_c

Sports Logo

If the TWolves truly counter-offered and were willing to give up 16+23+Flynn ( one of two PGs that Kahn has taken a lot of flack over in the last draft ), then it would only make sense that IF the Pacers turned it down....it would have to be some combination of #10 + BRush/Hibbert/Granger ( pick 1 ). As everyone suspects....my guess is that it would have been Granger.....a Player that the TWolves have reported interest in before.

Instead of going for Wesley Johnson.....the TWolves go for Cousins or Monroe and then trade much of their assets to get a better SF.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...raftbuzz062210

This is the column Woj released a little after 3 AM this morning...no new info on who goes with the #10, but a comment on Minny's motivation.

The Wolves are also willing to move point guard Jonny Flynn(notes), and have discussed a deal with the Indiana Pacers, sources said. The Wolves are willing to part with the 16th and 23rd picks as part of a bigger package to move up to No. 10. This way, the Wolves could possibly gain the leverage to make a deal with Philadelphia to secure the No. 2 pick and grab Ohio Stateís Evan Turner.

Sources say Flynn was frustrated throughout the season with the triangle offense and clashed with Wolves coach Kurt Rambis over the system. Rambis brought the offense with him from the Los Angeles Lakers, but traditionally itís worked best with bigger guards. Minnesota could turn its team over to Ramon Sessions(notes) next season or gain another point guard elsewhere. The Wolves own the rights to Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio(notes), but he wonít consider leaving for the NBA until next season. Even then, Rubioís camp still needs to be sold on the organization.
    And now...I have to drive to Terre Haute in a driving rainstorm.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...raftbuzz062210

This is the column Woj released a little after 3 AM this morning...no new info on who goes with the #10, but a comment on Minny's motivation.
    Again, it comes down to what the rest of the package is. Given the rumored willingness to include BRush in some recent trade scenarios.....if it was #10+BRush and the Pacers were getting Flynn+16+23....there is no way that I could see Bird turning that down.

Logically, it has to be Hibbert or Granger especially if there is an intent to trade #4 + #10 for #2. The TWolves get something else in return ( probably Hibbert ) then Turner by moving what essentially boils down to:

Flynn + #4 + #16 + #23 for Evan Turner + Hibbert
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.