Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Default Re: Minnesota turns down Indy's offer of the #10 pick for Johnny Flynn

Apparently the TWolves did decline our offer of #10 for Flynn. So this latest trade rumor must be a counter from Kahn

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...nclick_check=1

The Minnesota Timberwolves rejected the Indiana Pacers' offer to trade the No. 10 overall pick in Thursday's NBA draft for Wolves point guard Jonny Flynn, Minnesota president of basketball operations David Kahn said today.

"They called last week," Kahn said of the Pacers. "We turned it down in a second."

Indianapolis Star reporter Mike Wells first reported the Wolves' decision to turn down the deal earlier this afternoon on his Twitter page.

Flynn, the No. 6 overall pick in the 2009 draft, averaged 13.5 points, 4.4 assists and 2.9 turnovers while playing all 81 games in his rookie season.

Kahn also confirmed numerous reports that the Wolves and Golden State have had "preliminary" talks about 6-foot-10 forward-center Anthony Randolph, but denied a trade was imminent. Randolph, a second-year player with Golden State last season, was limited to 33 games last season because of an ankle injury.

"It won't take place this week, if it happens at all," Kahn said of a Randolph trade.

Randolph averaged 11.6 points and 6.5 rebounds.
    My guess is nothing goes anywhere with these 2 teams. Kahn is probably after Granger again

Quote Originally Posted by Easy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be shocked to see Granger or Big Al as components in this deal. Possible, but unlikely.

Something quite smaller could work, however:

We send:

TJ

For

Flynn
    Gomes

TJ expiring after next year creates room for Rubio to step in next year and be the starter. We also take on 3 years of Gomes' salary (3.9ish).

Minny holds onto #4, takes Johnson, & then the best avail at 10. They keep their Love/Al Jeff trade pieces for another deal to round out their team.
    I think this deal makes sense for both teams.

Wow I'm kinda surprised Kahn is so direct. That seems like he could burn some bridges if he leaks the wrong stuff/says the wrong thing to the media. His GM buddies may not appreciate that at all.

Default Re: Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick

This is what I think the deal might be:
    Indiana:
    Out-Hibbert, Rush, Ford, 10 maybe 40
    In-Love, Flynn, Gomes 16, 23
    Minnesota:
    Out-Love, Flynn, Gomes 16, 23
    In-Hibbert, Rush, Ford, 10 maybe 40
    It makes sense because we are looking for PG/PF and cap space (Gomes contract not fully guaranteed). Minn. gets Ford for a year until Rubio comes next year and they move Love while getting a starting center in Hibbert to play with Jefferson and Rush as a soild bench player and better then Gomes. Plus Minn. would have flexibility with 2 top 10 picks. Hibbert is the hangup for us I think because the Pacers really like him. This would be a hard trade to make if you really value Hibbert the way I think the Pacers do. I have mixed feeling about this myself because I really like Hibbert but it does good things for us and would be hard to turn down. What do you think?

Default Re: Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    how does Minne turn down Flynn for #10, then offer Flynn, 16, & 23 for the #10 and fodder, doesn't make sense.

(Flynn for 10)
    We probably offered them D. Jones to match salaries.
    They said no.

(Flynn, 16, & 23 for the #10 and fodder)
    They add the 16th and 23rd picks to what we wanted means they want more than fodder.

My guess since we turned it down means they wanted Hibbert as part of that fodder.

EDIT; A lot of you guys are going wild adding to many players.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a feeling Hibbert has to be involved. Otherwise the Pacers would have already accepted this trade.

I can stomach taking the risk and getting rid of Rush, but getting rid of Hibbert would be tough. I mean, you could end up with Flynn, who appears to be a decent PG although somewhat ball dominant, and two players who pan out which would make it a good deal, or you could end with Flynn and this year's version of a Kirk Snyder/Sergei Monya pupu platter. Trading for first round picks especially in a weak crop is really risky. Flynn probably keeps this deal from being a total epic fail if you're looking worst case scenerio but you pause if you think he's going to be the best guy you get in the deal.

It is worth taking a look at dealing with OKC for Maynor. He can't score like Flynn but I don't like ball dominant point guards anyway. If Maynor is capable of playing 30 minutes in the NBA he could probably average 7 or so apg when he peaks. And we could likely keep Hibbert in any scenario for Maynor.
    Last edited by idioteque; 06-21-2010 at 10:27 PM.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

I think the Pacers have to do this trade if its still on the table.. We get the PG we need in Flynn. We have 16 and 23 and could land Patterson, Orton. Come on Larry make this happen!

If they trade Roy , It will be the last straw , with me , with this Pacer's team..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Bird could be holding on to the pick to see who is available on draft day at #10. Im sure if Monroe or Cousins are available, Bird would want to have the pick
    Yeah I would assume if this rumor is true that Bird would wait until we are selecting or sometime on Draft Day to announce the trade all depending on who is left during the draft, just so that he would be making sure he gets maximum value of of the 10th pick, Rush, etc etc.

If we get rid of Hibbert, I would want Jefferson in return and then use the #16 to draft Orton/Patterson
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    I have a feeling Hibbert has to be involved. Otherwise the Pacers would have already accepted this trade.
    Yep and I am glad they did turn it down. A center is hard to come by even if its a 7'2 guy who can't rebound very well.

To the above post of will567,
    No way they add Love to the deal.

Flox,
    If Hibbert continues to progress then your looking at a 10 mill + contract when he resigns. My reasoning behind that is this. None of those guys you listed are double teamed except sheed in his prime. Hibbert is already commanding respect from the defense as a second year player. IMO, He is limited as a player but those limitations are not going to hold back a team from giving him a big contract.

If we can get Love out of the deal I'd totally be up for moving Hibbert.

Make it happen Larry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    I don't understand why Minnesota would want Hibbert unless they have other moves in the works. My understanding is that both Jefferson and and Love are slow footed.
    This is Kahn we're talking about. The guy drafted 3 point guards, traded one, and then signed pg Ramon Sessions to a 4 year deal. I wouldn't spend much time trying to figure it out.

I'd rather have Sessions.

Sessions
    2.6 mil TE

Foster... expiring
    rights to Lorbek/Stanko

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    If we can get Love out of the deal I'd totally be up for moving Hibbert.
    If we could get Love or Jefferson, I'll be all for moving Hibbert. My guess is that Minni is willing to move Jefferson is they get the right pieces back. They've already asked for Granger for Jefferson (we rejected)....so they are willing to move Jefferson...Word is that, Jefferson and Love dont get along well
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

If we trade Roy Hibbert I will never forgive Larry Bird and will want him fired on the spot. I don't care how many picks we get, there isn't one player on Minnesota's roster I would trade Roy for.

@Pacers24Colts12

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacers24Colts12 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    Roy Hibbert: Drafted by the Toronto Raptors in the 1st round (17th pick, 17th overall) of the 2008 NBA draft.

Yeah, I can see why I made that mistake. My bad. /green

Really? I can't see Hibbert getting anything more than six to eight million dollars a year under the current scale, which seems like the norm for backups (gortat, sheed, bass, splitter assuming he comes over or McDyess since they both will probably have a same style of contract). We'll also see what kind of money Darko will be signed to by the Timberwolves over this offseason.

2007: Hawes = Nick Young/Wilson Chandler
    2006: Saer Sene < Carney/Boone
    2005: Bynum > Graham/Garcia
    2004: Luke Jackson? = Kirk Snyder/Sergei Monia
    2003: Jarvis Hayes < Troy Bell/Travis Outlaw
    2002: Caron Bulter = Jiri Wel****ayshaun Prince
    This doesn't work. Roy has progressed to where he is over the last few years with an extremely good work ethic. No rookie, barring a miracle, is going to walk in here and fill his shoes.
    When all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed -MM

I love Kevin Love.
    Last edited by imawhat; 06-21-2010 at 10:54 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

I can only imagine what the deal is.

I turn down anything that involes Granger or Roy. ANYTHING. Probably keep Hands too.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    If we could get Love or Jefferson, I'll be all for moving Hibbert. My guess is that Minni is willing to move Jefferson is they get the right pieces back. They've already asked for Granger for Jefferson (we rejected)....so they are willing to move Jefferson...Word is that, Jefferson and Love dont get along well

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to move one of them. Love is a guy who averages 14/11 but comes off the bench. I would bet the farm that he wants to start. The Wolves offering us Jefferson for Danny shows they wouldn't have trouble moving Jefferson.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    I don't even know what to think right now? No to #10 for Flynn, but offering Flynn, #16 and #23 for #10 package?

What in the world would the package be? No way we include Granger right?

Rush? Hibbert? Hansbrough?

Does Minny have another move in mind w/ #4 and #10?

I'm nervous all of a sudden
    I'm just playing catch up on all of this now that I'm home, but given that we've brought Orton back in and allegedly are interested in Whiteside, it makes me think Roy Hibbert.

But then again, maybe not.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...for_10th_pick/

according to realgm.com..... we turned down Flynn, 16 & 23 pick for our 10. I hope Larry has something better...
    Since I'm late to the party, I hope someone else has already pointed this out, but that guy's got his facts wrong. Wells didn't say INDY turned something down, he said MINNY did.

If this deal goes down, I just hope we dont' draft Orton, that dude hasn't played any real basketball for 2 years now. Why would you want him? MG1070 said on air that he has terrible footwork, no post game, when he seen him during the workout

Default Re: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Thanks for merging them all together

31. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post: