Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Default Re: Minnesota turns down Indy's offer of the #10 pick for Johnny Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by ESutt7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That could be, but that's a ton to give up for Turner. They'd essentially be trading Flynn, 16, 23, 10, and 4 to get 2. That'd be crazy. I know they'd get other stuff from us...but still. Wouldn't put it past Kahn though.

If they're really offering all that for the 10 I would do it so long as we can keep Hibbert and DG. I don't care what else they want us to add, and I've never even been a fan of Flynn's. 16 and 23 puts us in position to get a couple more quality players.
    It'd only be a net loss of 2 (lower round) picks for MIN, not 3 (or 4), because they're starting with 3 and they're picking up the #2. If they think Turner is special, who knows....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...for_10th_pick/

according to realgm.com..... we turned down Flynn, 16 & 23 pick for our 10. I hope Larry has something better...
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

I know Yahoo! was the 1st to report the rumored Bobcats deal at the deadline w/ Ford and Rush for Augustin, Henderson and Nazr, but that trade never happened.

It sounds like Minnesota has counter offered if the Y! reports are true? In all fairness there is only one more year before Rubio is coming over, perhaps you move Flynn gain his confidence.

My guess is it would have to be Hibbert or Granger they are targeting. That or they have another trade in mind.

They really liked Evan Turner, perhaps #4 and #10 can get them Turner?

I've heard Avery Johnson likes Cousins, perhaps they can take Favors and keep him, or trade Favors to Philly for Turner or Iggy. I really don't know, my head is spinning. perhaps they're just throwing out that package to see what other teams might offer for it?

Do they have a bad contract we take back for Ford? That works for them b/c they have a starting PG for next season who expires in time for Rubio?

Or perhaps Wojo is just late on his reporting, and this is what Wells was referring to?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Timberwolves are offering the Pacers Jonny Flynn and the 16th and 23rd picks for a package that includes Indiana's 10th pick.

According to Mike Wells of the Indy Star, the Pacers have turned down an offer from Minnesota.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Told you we weren't getting the full story from wells earlier...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post

according to realgm.com..... we turned down Flynn, 16 & 23 pick for our 10. I hope Larry has something better...
    I don't read it that way- Wells' tweet (unless someone at RealGM has spoken directly with Wells) said MIN turned us down.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Chillout For This Useful Post:

Yeah well Wells hasn't updated his Twitter. So maybe they misread his post of the TWolves turning us down.

Just watched some highlights of Flynn and he does look remarkably like TJ Ford IMO. A stronger, more athletic version. But I think he looks to score a good amount. He obviously needs to work on shooting %s.

From what I heard on the radio, that is backwards. I heard THEY turned US down.

ahh rumors and draft time. It's kinda like the telephone game you played as a kid.

Mood

If Larry turned it down it had to be because they wanted Granger or Hibbert. I could see Hibbert maybe being included altough I wouldn't want him to, but only way I would let go of Granger to Minnesota is if the #4 comes back.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

Might Wells have made a typo and meant to post that the Pacers turned down the TWolves for Flynn and #10 instead of vice versa?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    From what I heard on the radio, that is backwards. I heard THEY turned US down.

ahh rumors and draft time. It's kinda like the telephone game you played as a kid.
    they turned down an offer from us earlier in the day, this is supposed to be an offer from them.
    Last edited by HC; 06-21-2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: allegedly of course
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    I know Yahoo! was the 1st to report the rumored Bobcats deal at the deadline w/ Ford and Rush for Augustin, Henderson and Nazr, but that trade never happened.

It sounds like Minnesota has counter offered if the Y! reports are true? In all fairness there is only one more year before Rubio is coming over, perhaps you move Flynn gain his confidence.

My guess is it would have to be Hibbert or Granger they are targeting. That or they have another trade in mind.

They really liked Evan Turner, perhaps #4 and #10 can get them Turner?

I've heard Avery Johnson likes Cousins, perhaps they can take Favors and keep him, or trade Favors to Philly for Turner or Iggy. I really don't know, my head is spinning. perhaps they're just throwing out that package to see what other teams might offer for it?

Do they have a bad contract we take back for Ford? That works for them b/c they have a starting PG for next season who expires in time for Rubio?

Or perhaps Wojo is just late on his reporting, and this is what Wells was referring to?
    The possibilities do begin to boggle the mind....

Might Wells have made a typo and meant to post that the Pacers turned down the TWolves for Flynn and #10 instead of vice versa?
    Just in a straight up deal, it's hard to imagine the Wolves wanting to add another draft pick when they aleady have 3 first rounders.

Of course, it could have all been involved in a much larger deal, but it wouldn't surprise me that they would turn down a Flynn for #10 pick given what assets already have.

From what I understand, they turned down 10 for Flynn and we turned down flynn/16/23 for 10/granger.

So both teams turned down something at some point

ha, my head is starting to hurt. It's even more interesting b/c Wells tweet took place 4 hours before Wojo's?

My guess is this. Pacers offered #10/filler for Flynn. Wolves said no.

Wolves countered w/ Flynn, filler #16, #23 for #10 and Granger or #10 and Hibbert/Rush and the Pacers said no

Mood

I think this is most likely... b/c it seems Wojo may have sources pointing that way as well... with the additional intel he's gathered...

I guess that's why I say it's irresponsible to report so little like Wells did... (or at least for so many to take him so seriously that's all the deal included...)

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    From what I understand, they turned down 10 for Flynn and we turned down flynn/16/23 for 10/granger.

It's all part of trade talks. There are offers and counter offers and those are probably the two proposals that each team is offering.

Most trade rumors end up not materializing because each team is trying to reem the other and get the best possible deal. They don't want to make a deal just for making deals sake. Each side wants to pull of a no brainer deal. That's why the number of trades that actually happen is so small compared to the number of talks that occur.

Default Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/16729358922

This is a no-brainer. Im assuming this would be #10 + Rush for #16, #23 + Flynn. Bird has to be a moron not to take this trade. This would mean we could also pick up Orton or Patterson with the #16 and possibly someone like Brackins with the #23.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post

There have been absolutely no reports of Granger being involved in any trade talks. You guys are just pulling stuff out of your butts now.
    Grown Man Ball

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Talking Re: Minnesota turns down Indy's offer of the #10 pick for Johnny Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by AG77 View Post
    If he wasn't then he is now. Here's what Lawson tweeted today:

http://twitter.com/tylawson3

Bird definitely follows all prospects from his Tweet Deck.
    I guess those tweets are "irrelevant" now lol

TyLawson3

1. man..apparently someone found my phone i lost last night at k street...i apologize for all the tweets sent out today it wasnt me about 1 hour ago via web
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Default Re: Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick

If there is any truth to this, then the pacers have to pull the trigger.

Default Re: Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick

What's the rest of the package?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

depends on what the package is with #10
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Repeat afterme...Raymond Felton!
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    There have been absolutely no reports of Granger being involved in any trade talks. You guys are just pulling stuff out of your butts now.
    Easy tiger, I am not claiming to report anything. Just my opinion, relax...

Mood

31. The Following User Says Thank You to BoomBaby33 For This Useful Post: