Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Minnesota turns down Indy's offer of the #10 pick for Johnny Flynn

I don't see why everyone is bashing on Wells for this, as if he wouldn't give more info if he had it.
    Grown Man Ball

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Yeah it's pretty worrisome that #10 couldn't net us Flynn. I thought he had a solid rookie season, was chosen for the all-star Rookie/Sophomore game, and frankly started for a bad Minnesota team.

He was drafted #6 ahead of Lawson and Collison, and it feels he has less value then those guys? I'm really not sure if this was a we can't get Lawson or Collison trade, or a we like Flynn more trade?

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see why everyone is bashing on Wells for this, as if he wouldn't give more info if he had it.
    Wonder how the "leak" happens in this kind of situation? If the Pacers and TWolves had wanted to keep it out of the media, there can't be that many principals involved- Bird, Morway, Kahn. Does Bird or Morway just go directly to Wells to disseminate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Chillout View Post
    Wonder how the "leak" happens in this kind of situation? If the Pacers and TWolves had wanted to keep it out of the media, there can't be that many principals involved- Bird, Morway, Kahn. Does Bird or Morway just go directly to Wells to disseminate it?
    very good point, this is the problem with twitter, people giving info without context to their statements, at least say developing or something. Wells needs to give more context to this... IMO he can do it without giving up his sources.

Not sure what to think about Flynn...
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

6. The Following User Says Thank You to odeez For This Useful Post:

Good. Flynn is not the answer. They are better off keeping the pick and possibly getting Udoh.

Mood

We could just try and be happy with what he gives us. He doesn't actually have to tell us anything.
    When all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed -MM

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

Assuming that Wells has a clue, it's hard to believe that Bird really
    thought Kahn was gonna take #10 for a kid he just spent #6 on
    a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillman's 'Fro' View Post
    Assuming that Wells has a clue, it's hard to believe that Bird really
    thought Kahn was gonna take #10 for a kid he just spent #6 on
    a year ago.
    vvv
    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    I can imagine the call from Bird now...

Bird - "Hey, remember that kid that you drafted last year with the 6th pick in the draft?"

David Kahn - "Yes, that would be Jonny Flynn."

Bird - "so do you want to trade him for the 10th pick this year?"

Kahn - *click*
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    We could just try and be happy with what he gives us. He doesn't actually have to tell us anything.
    well then he shouldn't, imo
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    well then he shouldn't, imo
    If he hadn't you wouldn't be here talking about this right now and probably would be doing something much more productive with your time. Thanks to Mike Wells, guys like me can slack a little at work and discuss scenarios like this.
    Grown Man Ball

Mood

I'm just saying there are more pieces (players/picks- *items of value*) involved than just Flynn and the 10... we can't take Flynn unless we give some salary back... I just think not mentioning other pieces are involved is a little irresponsible... you don't have to say which, just say that there are.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    I'm just saying there are more pieces (players/picks- *items of value*) involved than just Flynn and the 10... we can't take Flynn unless we give some salary back... I just think not mentioning other pieces are involved is a little irresponsible... you don't have to say which, just say that there are.
    Something more like this:

T'Wolves turn down offer of Future Considerations and Salary Cap Filler for A Player to be Named Later (and more Salary Cap Filler).

????
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I'd throw in much more for the rights to Rubio, even if I had to wait a year or two.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I don't like that trade anyhow. Perhaps this means that Lawson is indeed off the table though.
    If he wasn't then he is now. Here's what Lawson tweeted today:

I heard if u hit a kardashian i win a championship .. Kim k holla me!!! I need ya for 17 min.
    http://twitter.com/tylawson3

Bird definitely follows all prospects from his Tweet Deck.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RandyWrinkles For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This is a legit point, and a very valid argument.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by AG77 View Post
    If he wasn't then he is now. Here's what Lawson tweeted today:

http://twitter.com/tylawson3

Bird definitely follows all prospects from his Tweet Deck.
    Now he is hitting on Miles Austin's girl? Isn't he a little short for her? Anyways, yeah I was reading his twitter account myself a bit earlier. It isn't like he is completely out of line or anything, but some of his comments are questionable given the position that he is in. He represents someone other than himself now, and all athletes should be aware of this imo.
    Last edited by HC; 06-21-2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Well, at least Bird is backing up his words with action.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Well, at least Bird is backing up his words with action.
    Nah, still just words. Actions would be getting a deal done that makes this team better, instead of saying that's what he's looking for year in and year out.

JO for Ford and Hibbert was a step in the right direction

Bayless for Rush, Jack and McRoberts was decent, but hampered by Jack leaving, McRoberts being stuck to the bench, and Rush being.. Rush

Isn't Flynn just TJ2.0? Why would we get excited about this?

Glad it was turned down, but disappointed to know what Bird&Co are shooting for.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Now he is hitting on Miles Austin's girl? Isn't he a little short for her? Anyways, yeah I was reading his twitter account myself a bit earlier. It isn't like he is completely out of line or anything, but some of his comments are questionable given the position that he is in. He represents someone other than himself now, and all athletes should be aware of this imo.
    Agreed. If you're going to post dumb stuff, that's fine, but you'd be better off to protect your tweets so only friends/followers can see it.

We should not be expecting a lot better than Jonny Flynn from the #10 pick in this draft or a trade primarily centered around the #10 pick.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

SMosely21:
    I can imagine the call from Bird now...

Bird - "Hey, remember that kid that you drafted last year with the 6th pick in the draft?"

David Kahn - "Yes, that would be Jonny Flynn."

Bird - "so do you want to trade him for the 10th pick this year?"

Kahn - *click*

A long time ago I interned for the Pacers when the offices were still at 2 West Washington. Donnie's office was in the middle of the floor and he usually left his door open. You often would hear a few moments of his phone conversation when walking by. One day I heard Donnie have this conversation...

DW: What if I include Stuart Gray?

DW: Hello? Hello?

DW: Oh, it sounded like we were cut off.

I always thought it was funny that Donnie thought the other GM hung up on him as soon as he offered up Stuart Gray.
    Last edited by Granville; 06-21-2010 at 07:19 PM.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Granville For This Useful Post:

Mood

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

new update

Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick, sources tell Y!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

I have a feeling Granger is part of that package.

WojYahooNBA

Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick, sources tell Y!
    Woj from Yahoo!