Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Default Re: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep just reading the comments the author sounds like he just came up with the idea himself... the only thing he is going off off is the Wells report that we were talking...
    And he couldn't even get that right. Wells never said we were talking Granger for Flynn. He mentioned #10 for Flynn.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Default Re: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride33 View Post
    There is no way we give up Granger for that trash. If we werent willing to move Granger for Jefferson, why would we move Granger + #10

I could see something like Granger for Flynn + #4...then hopefully moving the #4 + #10 to 76ers for the #2 and drafting Turner...but other than that, Granger is too much to lose
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

But c'mon guys...didn't you read the whole thing? We could bring Flynn's warm infectious smile to our cold Indy winters! How could we turn that down, especially when we're giving up our best player AND getting 2 worse picks than our current one!

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    There is no way we give up Granger for that trash. If we werent willing to move Granger for Jefferson, why would we move Granger + #10

I could see something like Granger for Flynn + #4...then hopefully moving the #4 + #10 to 76ers for the #2 and drafting Turner...but other than that, Granger is too much to lose
    I can't even see us doing that. Bird wants to win now, that'd be more rebuilding IMO. We're going to build around Granger. I've never bought any rumors of us trading him.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ESutt7 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    And he couldn't even get that right. Wells never said we were talking Granger for Flynn. He mentioned #10 for Flynn.
    Which proves that this isn't even worth attention even more

Quote Originally Posted by Hillman's 'Fro' View Post
    Jim R.-

Just for the record, I'll be happy to lead the parade 'blasting' Bird
    and crew for drafting either Orton (from what I've heard, he had
    behind the scenes, attitude issues at KY somewhat similar to
    Cousins, but given his minimial at best role down there, they
    weren't fodder for media discussion, etc.) or Whiteside at #16.

As for the Flynn-T.J. Ford comparison, 'at this point', I suppose I
    can see the comparison. But Flynn is 21 yrs old. T.J. is 26 yrs old.

Is it fair to lump in a kid with plenty of time to continue developing
    his game at the PG spot with an NBA veteran who obviously is what
    he is at this point ?

It may not be fair (or even intelligent for that matter ), but I guess when it comes to dealing the types of assets the Pacers have, I'd like to see them get a player who doesn't come with similar traits as the one they're trying to upgrade from.

Indiana never had a healthy TJ Ford, but when healthy, Ford was still a poor defender. I'd rather take a chance on someone like Sessions or Maynor than give up a bounty for an undersized PG who isn't a great shooter and not really a distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride33 View Post
    That is one of the most stupid things I've ever read. I'd like for that guy to point out where Wells discussed that deal.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Minnesota turns down Indy's offer of the #10 pick for Johnny Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    KAHN: Three picks are too much; too many point guards available in the late first to tempt me. I'm freaking out. Bledsoe, Torrance. Johnson... I passed out the other day just thinking about drafting Bjelica -- a 6'10" point guard Larry. Do you hear me? SIX-TEN POINT GUARD! I can't handle having this many picks. Too much pressure. Too big.
    So, after recovering from the freak-out, he did manage to grab Bjelica after all.