Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we're not willing to give up Hibbert..what makes you guys think that Minny is willing to give up Love (without Granger being involved)

Theres no way Love is being packed to us without Granger being involved. The Wolves dont really care to get expirers in return because they are already under the cap
    I agree. As someone who follows both teams, I can say that the Wolves are at least as high on Love (despite last year's struggles, which are mostly due to an inbalanced roster) as we are on either Roy or Danny.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player...erage/20410737

Wojo is no fan of Kahn's!
    I thought Wojo was taking some cheap shots, but all these story's I might be leaning me more towards Wojo's side. I think there is some smoke w/ talks between us & them.
    We will see!
    Last edited by PacerGuy; 06-22-2010 at 10:41 AM.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nb ... e/20410737

I thought Wojo was taking some cheap shots, but all these story's I might be leaning me more towards Wojo's side. I think there is some smoke w/ talks between us & them.
    We will see!
    Can you fix your link please?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ESutt7 For This Useful Post:

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ESutt7 View Post
    Can you fix your link please?
    Done - Thanks for the heads up!
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerGuy For This Useful Post:

Jonny Flynn has more similarities to TJ Ford than any other guard in the league. Jonny makes terrible decisions driving to the hoop. He cannot finish in traffic and loves to jump into the air with no real plan, hence the turnovers. I'd argue that he's worse than TJ. His shooting numbers are atrocious. Also he apparently struggles to fit into his coach's system. Sound familiar?

The main differences between the two are build and charisma. Jonny is supposedly a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Yeah, Flynn and TJ are not comparable outside of their size, and even then Flynn is much stronger, broader shoulders. Built more like a defensive back in football than a track and field guy which is how I would describe TJ's build type.

I liked Flynn a lot out of college, and I still do like him. I think he would honestly probably thrive in JOB's system, which I know is going to scare a lot of people off. I do think he has a great sense of the moment, and is not afraid to take big shots.

Personally, I think he's the second best PG we've looked at based on production since he entered the league after Collison. Lawson IMO is way overblown on this board and in the NBA in general. He'll be a solid pro, but nothing to get extremely excited over. I think Flynn on the other hand, can be a rich man's Jameer Nelson. He compares much closer to Nelson than he does Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player...erage/20410737

We will see!
    You know, that's really disappointing to watch. Look, Wojo might be completely right about Kahn, and Pritchard for that matter. But the guy used to be a professional, he didn't act like Pete Vecsey or Skip Bayless. Maybe now that he doesn't write for a paper he doesn't have an editor to reign him in, or he feels he's been around long enough that he knows better than the people he reports on. Or maybe he just watches too much Around the Horn.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Johnny Flynn's 4.4 assists and 3 turnovers per game should tell you all you need to know. Small PG with below average passing, and a TO problem... sound familiar? Did I mention the whopping 41% from the field?

Hes a little more built and a better shooter than TJ, but I'm just not a believer in Flynn at all. I thought he was a late teens pick and Minny was moronic for wasting a top 10 pick on him, especially after picking Rubio. Just stupid.
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 06-22-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    If we can get Love out of the deal I'd totally be up for moving Hibbert.
    I agree if you are getting Udoh at 16, or perhaps Jerome Jordan at 23. Plus you have several good wing and PG options in there.

That gives you Flynn, good wing, Granger, Love, Udoh...major win IMO, and I love Hibbert.

But IMO they'd see Love/Hibbert as even at best. And since Flynn>10 to them, the math on this deal doesn't add up.

Flynn/16/23 for Rush/10, that fits to my mind. Upgrade on 16/23 to 10 is about equal to the downgrade of Flynn to Rush. In other words, not huge but slightly noticeable. I assume salaries are really close on the rookie deals.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    The Twolves in 03-04 were anything but a dog of a team. That was the year they had Spree and Cassell (who made his only AS Game) playing out of their mind alongside an MVP Garnett. That Twolves was team by far the best team Garnett ever played on in Minnesota, hence why they got to the WCF's......They were one of the best teams in the NBA all season. Once those guys left/went downhill, the Twolves stunk and Garnett missed the playoffs 3 straight seasons. Kind of sounds like the situation Jefferson is in now........

Gasol's 06 Grizz that won 49 games weren't that bad. He had 6 other guys averaging double figures with him so they had plenty of offense.

Besides, bulldog wasn't trying to compare Jefferson to Garnett or Gasol. He was just accurately pointing out that they didn't exactly have a plethora of success before going to the situations they are in now.

Jefferson still plays way below average defence. I think that's a pretty keything for a FC player: play decent to good defence, especially for what he's getting paid.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Yeah, Flynn and TJ are not comparable outside of their size, and even then Flynn is much stronger, broader shoulders. Built more like a defensive back in football than a track and field guy which is how I would describe TJ's build type.

Most top-caliber track and field sprinters are also running backs or defensive backs - short, stocky, muscular, powerful.

Carl Lewis at 6'3", Michael Johnson at 6'1", and Usian Bolt at 6'5" are the "giants", most sprinters, like most RBs, are between 5'8" and 5'11" but outweigh someone like TJ Ford by 20-30 pounds of muscle. All three of them were remarkable for having the same torque and power of the traditional, more compact sprinter with the benefit of the longer stride. Calvin Smith, Mike Marsh, Leroy Burrell, Floyd Heard, Jon Drummond... all shorter and much stronger than TJ Ford. Maurice Green and now Walter Dix was/are the prototype at 5'9"/ 180-190 pounds.

Jonny Flynn is built like a track and field guy; TJ Ford is just small and scrawny.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=5315275
    ESPN.com:
    The Memphis Grizzlies and Minnesota Timberwolves are close to swapping first-round draft picks, a source with direct knowledge of the situation tells ESPN.com's Andy Katz.
    The Grizzlies would send their 16th overall pick to Minnesota for the Timberwolves' 25th and 28th picks.
    They stated this backwards (ESPN has gotten into a bad habit of not checking their facts, but instead hurriedly trying to be first IMO). Minn will trade 16 for 25 and 28.
    Last edited by ESutt7; 06-22-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Looks like Minnesota and Memphis may be doing something now. Except I think they have the picks reversed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...e=NBAHeadlines

Per ESPN:

The Memphis Grizzlies and Minnesota Timberwolves are close to swapping first-round draft picks, a source with direct knowledge of the situation tells ESPN.com's Andy Katz.

The Grizzlies would send their 16th overall pick to Minnesota for the Timberwolves' 25th and 28th picks.

Wow, now the T-Wolves have 4 first round picks? crazy.

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Yeah I definitely think when the Wolves get their 3rd and 4th first round picks that they will probably deal 2 of them (assuming they keep their #4)...maybe we'll be the owners of 2 of them on Thursday? who knows lol

Maybe 4 more point guards for Minne?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post

Most top-caliber track and field sprinters are also running backs or defensive backs - short, stocky, muscular, powerful.

Carl Lewis at 6'3", Michael Johnson at 6'1", and Usian Bolt at 6'5" are the "giants", most sprinters, like most RBs, are between 5'8" and 5'11" but outweigh someone like TJ Ford by 20-30 pounds of muscle. All three of them were remarkable for having the same torque and power of the traditional, more compact sprinter with the benefit of the longer stride. Calvin Smith, Mike Marsh, Leroy Burrell, Floyd Heard, Jon Drummond... all shorter and much stronger than TJ Ford. Maurice Green and now Walter Dix was/are the prototype at 5'9"/ 180-190 pounds.

Jonny Flynn is built like a track and field guy; TJ Ford is just small and scrawny.
    Shows what I know about track and field, maybe a cross country/diatance runner is a more apt comparison?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Apparently David Kahn said in an interview that the Pacers called about Flynn and he turned it down in a second. I didn't see this discussed in the thread buy I'm on my phone so if I missed it, I apologize.

Does anyone else think it's interesting that Kahn is putting information out there like that. Seems like usually people have some buisness courtesy to keep stuff like this as private as possible.

To bad for me, and the collective you (if you would actually believe me) is that I know of someone that has the information available to them about potential trades and such, but they're too morally/ethically sound to give up said information. I'm in need of a good hacker!

Joking about that last part. Kind of......

Banned

for all those trashing flynn, please explain to me how jonny flynn's rookie year differed from russell westbrook's statistically...and yet i guarantee 90% of you would deal rush and #10 for westbrook, #16 and #23 in a heartbeat. hard to really judge a player based on one year.

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

Murph

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride33 View Post
    Bleacher Report has 0 credibility. Just FYI.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Shows what I know about track and field, maybe a cross country/diatance runner is a more apt comparison?
    For TJ Ford? Probably ought to go to tennis instead of track, since he's all about lateral quickness.

Cross country and distance runners are lanky and slow-twitch with long strides. That's not TJ, either. TJ is fast-twitch, but laterally, not straight ahead.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride33 View Post

I could see a Danny for Flynn and the #4 being discussed but for Flynn #16 and #23 would be complete bull**** and Larry Bird would be braindead to make a trade like that.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Bleacher Report has 0 credibility. Just FYI.
    Yep just reading the comments the author sounds like he just came up with the idea himself... the only thing he is going off off is the Wells report that we were talking...

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

if we are dealing with minny and flynn i bet rush and murphy are involved not granger
    Murph