Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Default Re: Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that Hibbert, Rush and expirings could be included with the Pacers taking Jefferson back plus Flynn and the two picks.

Hopefully we will know some day.
    I would do expirers, Rush + #10 for Flynn, Jefferson, #16 + #23 in a heartbeat. I would hesitate to add Hibbert just for the fact that he has committed to the Pacers. A lot of players wouldnt do that
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Default Re: Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick

I would try to pry Jefferson away by sending some expirers. I would love a nice young core of Flynn, Granger, Jefferson and Hibbert.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Default Re: Minnesota turns down Indy's offer of the #10 pick for Johnny Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    If there is any evidence why would you use "from what I understand" in the first place?
    You would say "from what I understand" if the evidence wasn't convincing or reliable, or if you weren't certain that you had gotten the available facts straight.

Like this:

"From what I understand, John Locke killed the lady in the parachute because Ben Linus was hiding the heroin from Charlie so he could use it for fuel in the Dharma Project's old VW microbus that Hurley drives around, but Desmond wants that fuel to power his yacht so he can sail away and find Penny before she marries Moe Sizlak and become part owner in Springfield's leading neighborhood dive bar and is compelled to pay protection money to Fat Tony the mobster so he won't hurt chief Wiggum's son Ralph."

Actually, I just made that completely up, so the "from what I understand" is inappropriate here.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    I would do expirers, Rush + #10 for Flynn, Jefferson, #16 + #23 in a heartbeat. I would hesitate to add Hibbert just for the fact that he has committed to the Pacers. A lot of players wouldnt do that
    yeah but they would want a center back to complement Love, that is the reason why I think that they want Hibbert

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    yeah but they would want a center back to complement Love, that is the reason why I think that they want Hibbert
    I would assume the Minni would draft Cousins

I wonder if they are interested in Hans...although him having a weird condition may be a reason that they won't be.

But I get the impression that Larry would be very hesistant to trade Hans.

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    You would say "from what I understand" if the evidence wasn't convincing or reliable, or if you weren't certain that you had gotten the available facts straight.

Like this:

"From what I understand, John Locke killed the lady in the parachute because Ben Linus was hiding the heroin from Charlie so he could use it for fuel in the Dharma Project's old VW microbus that Hurley drives around, but Desmond wants that fuel to power his yacht so he can sail away and find Penny before she marries Moe Sizlak and become part owner in Springfield's leading neighborhood dive bar and is compelled to pay protection money to Fat Tony the mobster so he won't hurt chief Wiggum's son Ralph."

Actually, I just made that completely up, so the "from what I understand" is inappropriate here.
    Hmm makes sense, thanks.
    Actually english is my 3rd language so this is definitely appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacerfan
    If we were to get the #4 pick we could easily pick up Aminu. Would you trade Granger for Aminu essentially?
    No! Not even one-for-one, let alone the extra deadweight Minnesota would have to send to make it work.

Stick to the Flynn and picks type deal, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    Hmm makes sense, thanks.
    Actually english is my 3rd language so this is definitely appreciated.
    You're welcome!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would try to pry Jefferson away by sending some expirers. I would love a nice young core of Flynn, Granger, Jefferson and Hibbert.
    Hibbert is too good to back up Love. Unless Minnesota thinks they're going to win a championship within the span of Hibbert's rookie contract it makes no sense. He will command too much for any team to be able to afford him as a backup when his rookie contract expires.

how does Minne turn down Flynn for #10, then offer Flynn, 16, & 23 for the #10 and fodder, doesn't make sense.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    No! Not even one-for-one, let alone the extra deadweight Minnesota would have to send to make it work.

Stick to the Flynn and picks type deal, please.

Minnesota has enough cap space to take Granger without taking any salaries.

An example would be here:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost...5&postcount=74

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    I wonder if they are interested in Hans...although him having a weird condition may be a reason that they won't be.

But I get the impression that Larry would be very hesistant to trade Hans.
    I highly doubt they would be interested in Hans. Hes barely played and hes going to miss summer league ....

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    how does Minne turn down Flynn for #10, then offer Flynn, 16, & 23 for the #10 and fodder, doesn't make sense.
    Because the package they proposed probably included more than fodder.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    We still dont know what the full package is...

I remember a few years ago, someone headlined "Felton for Ford" but later we found out that the package was for Felton and Mohammad for Ford, Foster and Rush

We would have to know what the complete package is

Banned

I'm very excited for this. The Pacers are looking to move down, and adding Flynn along with those two firsts for the #10 and another piece or two would be perfect for us. I'd be very interested in finding out what the complete deal is, but it's sounding like the deal might be fairly likely.

Who else do you think the Wolves would want from the Pacers? Either Murphy or Rush makes sense to me but if they add Murphy what else would we get back?

It's worth noting that Flynn started the Wolves' first 81 games this season. The only game he sat out was the final game of the year. In addition, his rookie numbers were very respectable: 13.5 points, 2.4 rebounds, 4.4 assists, and 28.9 minutes per game.

There is clearly a lot of game tape for Bird & Co to evaluate.

Unless Minny is asking for Granger &/or Big Roy, I would do this deal because, in this draft, I think (#16 + #23) > #10 from the Pacers' perspective because good prospects will be available at those spots for a team short on talent. And Flynn could/should be a solid PG for many years.

Make the trade, then dump O'B, please.

Oh man as long as this trade doesn't involve us trading Granger we would be absolutely bonkers not to take this...assuming someone doesn't drop to 10 and we wait until draft day.

Flynn gives us a point guard of the future and he is a leader, something that this team sorely lacks, he's willing to step up and take command as well as be vocal, you can see him being the leader and center of a team for as long as he is a part of the pacers.

16 and 23 gives us two players that we can take and build towards the future, which is probably better than taking one player at ten, the last time we had two first round picks we got one borderline starter (hibbert) and one role player (rush), as long as we can pull one starter out of 16-23, assuming we are trading hibbert, we 2 for 1 starter level players unless there is contention about Flynn starting for us?

Rush is a role player and won't ever be good, so I doubt they are trading for Rush, considering they are thinking of a backcourt of the future in rubio/brewer/wes johnson

Even if this is Hibbert I don't see us not doing this since we can probably get a better overall player at 16/23, at least one that can play extended minutes at the five and isn't a liability on Pick and Roll/ defense in general. If we can pick up a Patterson or Whiteside or Alabi or some of the other high big men that this draft is flooded with, we easily replace Hibbert.

If this is not Hibbert/not Granger I don't understand what the wait is.

This is all predicated on someone like Aminu not falling to us on the day of the draft- if we lose the chance to draft someone of his level assuming they slip, then this trade looks a bit worse for us.

Thing is, the Flynn makes almost 3 million so it would have to be contracts in that range.

Folks mentioned Ford/#10 for Sessions #16, #23 w/ maybe Gomes a filler, now you add Jonny Flynn to that equation. I think that ups the anti for the Pacers I think.

My gut feeling is Rush/Hibbert #10 for Flynn #16, #23. that's just my gut. I think they then move Jefferson or Love for help elsewhere. I never thought Jefferson was a true center anyways.

Pacers get their young PG in Flynn and can address other areas. Maybe Henry or George at #16 to replace Rush, and perhaps Orton or Whiteside at #23?

I guess it comes down to what Bird (and O'Brien) think about Hibbert.

Though this is a dream scenario if we can keep Hibbert. I'm not huge on Rush, so Flynn w/ Granger and Hibbert, Take the BPA at #16 whether guard like Henry or George or PF like Udoh, Patterson, or Sanders.

Also, keep in mind that the #10 pick is (more often than not) more valuable than the #16 and #23

- 2009: Jennings > James Johnson + Caspi
    - 2008: Lopez > Speights + Kosta Koufos

Thats just the past 2 years

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post

Even if this is Hibbert I don't see us not doing this since we can probably get a better overall player at 16/23, at least one that can play extended minutes at the five and isn't a liability on Pick and Roll/ defense in general. If we can pick up a Patterson or Whiteside or Alabi or some of the other high big men that this draft is flooded with, we easily replace Hibbert.
    You are SO underrating Roy that it's not even funny. To assume that someone at pick 16 or 23 is going to even play as a rookie is hoping. To assume starting is pretty out there. And to think they could easily replace Roy?
    Dreaming.
    Or something else.

Not worth giving up Rush and Hibbert..

Put anyone on the table except Hibbert and Granger, so long as it's reasonable..(although I'd like to keep Rush, Price, and DJones)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

By the way, Mike Wells has responded to a Wolves fan on twitter.

http://twitter.com/Wells222

@ondeckdean tyler is working way back from concussion/inner ear infection and price is out at least 3 more months after knee surgery
    That basically was his response to Hansbrough or Price being apart of the rumored deal.

I mention this b/c he's not disputing the Flynn, #16 and #23 option in contrast to his earlier tweet of #10 for Flynn being turned down

Banned

There have been rumors flying around about a trade between the Minnesota Timberwolves, and the Indiana Pacers for the last fifteen minutes. The proposed deal would be:

Johnny Flynn
    #16 Overall Pick
    #23 Overall Pick

for

#10 Overall Pick
    and other pieces

The questions many people are wondering are who are the other pieces heading to Minnesota? There are a couple guys I think could be involved, Brandon Rush and Troy Murphy.

Why do this deal for the Timberwolves

Rush would be another young piece for the Wolves, who could go in and compete for a starting job. I think Rush would fit in well with the young Minnesota team, and could add something that they haven't had on that team really since Mike Miller left....shooting.

Murphy on the other hand would add more of a veteran big man, who both rebounds and spreads the floor. Not only would he fit in well for this season in Minnesota, but if they don't want to sign him long-term he is a very large expiring contract next offseason.

Why do this deal for the Pacers

The Pacers are in desperate need for a point guard, and they find themselves getting one in Johnny Flynn. Sure, he's not the ideal option, but he's a good passer, very explosive off the dribble, has a lot of experience (with Syracuse and a year with the T-Wolves), and understand how to play the game of basketball. One big knock on his game is the fact that he doesn't understand how to treat the ball like it's gold every single time down the court. You'll see him get a little careless and make some turnovers every now and then, but down the stretch last season he was able to cut down on those.

The two other pieces that we're hearing about in this deal, the #16 and #23 picks also come into play for the Pacers. Assuming teams don't get all caught up with Butler guard/forward Gordon Hayward, he could fall right into the Pacers' laps. Hayward is a player who the hometown fans love, and so does Larry Bird. He would bring some shooting, along with being the replacement for Mike Dunleavy. The picks enable the Pacers to draft both positions of need, both wing/point guard, and power forward, and still have two second round picks to deal with as well.

Overall this is a good deal for both teams, and while it's still a rumor at this point in time, talks seem to be heating up. I'll have a much more in-depth write-up if this deal does indeed go down.

Thoughts?

That's my article I just wrote up about this, and decided to just post it in here rather than in a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB007 View Post
    You are SO underrating Roy that it's not even funny. To assume that someone at pick 16 or 23 is going to even play as a rookie is hoping. To assume starting is pretty out there. And to think they could easily replace Roy?
    Dreaming.
    Or something else.
    Roy Hibbert: Drafted by the Toronto Raptors in the 1st round (17th pick, 17th overall) of the 2008 NBA draft.

Yeah, I can see why I made that mistake. My bad. /green

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    Hibbert is too good to back up Love. Unless Minnesota thinks they're going to win a championship within the span of Hibbert's rookie contract it makes no sense. He will command too much for any team to be able to afford him as a backup when his rookie contract expires.
    Really? I can't see Hibbert getting anything more than six to eight million dollars a year under the current scale, which seems like the norm for backups (gortat, sheed, bass, splitter assuming he comes over or McDyess since they both will probably have a same style of contract). We'll also see what kind of money Darko will be signed to by the Timberwolves over this offseason.

Also, keep in mind that the #10 pick is (more often than not) more valuable than the #16 and #23

- 2009: Jennings > James Johnson + Caspi
    - 2008: Lopez > Speights + Kosta Koufos

Thats just the past 2 years
    2007: Hawes = Nick Young/Wilson Chandler
    2006: Saer Sene < Carney/Boone
    2005: Bynum > Graham/Garcia
    2004: Luke Jackson? = Kirk Snyder/Sergei Monia
    2003: Jarvis Hayes < Troy Bell/Travis Outlaw
    2002: Caron Bulter = Jiri Wel****ayshaun Prince