Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: MIN turns down offer of #10 for Flynn, have reportedly offered Flynn/16/23 for #10 + more

Default Re: Minnesota turns down Indy's offer of the #10 pick for Johnny Flynn

I wouldn't even do flynn, 16, 23 for 10 and Rush.

I'm just glad the Pacers are active in searching and hopefully get another first rounder without giving up the 10th pick.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

If this was a real offer then you'd think we'd be getting it done soon...or they're asking for something we absolutely don't want to give up. Or we want more of a "help now" PG and not a project...so Larry would rather put a deal together for TP that Flynn. That's the only way I can figure it. Because otherwise, I feel like this would have quickly been accepted. Or it's just contingent on their guy being there at 10 possibly.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the deal is Flynn/#16/#23 for #10/Hibbert, I have a tough time seeing either team turning that deal down considering the Pacers' recent PG woes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'm just glad the Pacers are active in searching and hopefully get another first rounder without giving up the 10th pick.
    Me neither. I value Rush slightly more than Flynn and number 10 slightly more than 16&23.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post

"Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by ESutt7 View Post
    If this was a real offer then you'd think we'd be getting it done soon...or they're asking for something we absolutely don't want to give up. Or we want more of a "help now" PG and not a project...so Larry would rather put a deal together for TP that Flynn. That's the only way I can figure it. Because otherwise, I feel like this would have quickly been accepted. Or it's just contingent on their guy being there at 10 possibly.
    I definitely hope it's really on the table, and that we wouldn't be giving up more than Rush or DJones.

Whatever delay there is to accept the deal could be caused by the fact that the Pacers have had so many other deals on the table, so they have more options to weigh. And I agree that TP may be one of those deals they're comparing it to.

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    There have been absolutely no reports of Granger being involved in any trade talks. You guys are just pulling stuff out of your butts now.
    Any player of significance would have been called out specifically instead of being labeled as part of the "package".

We'd also have to find a way to trade back roughly $3m, as this is Flynn's 2010 salary. Rush or Hibbert alone wouldn't get it done, so I think the trade is more complex then it would seem on the surface.

T-Wolves don't really have a need for HIbbert. I don't see them being particularly enthralled by him. Surely Hibby has value, but I'm not sure Minny would really value him as much as some other teams.

I highly doubt there was ever a serious deal involving Granger+10 on the table unless it was Flynn, Jefferson or KLove, 16, 23 coming back to us.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    None of this makes any *** damn sense

BIRD: Hey David, it's Larry Bird. Wanted to see if you'd be interested in giving us Flynn for #10.

KAHN: You want us to trade you Jonny Flynn...who we just spent the 6th pick from last year on. You want Flynn for -- and let me see if I've got this right -- for the 10th pick?

BIRD: Just seeing how interested--

KAHN: Are you high? You and McHale smoking Mellencamp under the table again? Just 10 and Flynn? No way.

BIRD: Well, it was worth a shot...

KAHN: Tell ya what I'll do, how about you give me the #10, and I'll give you Flynn, #16 and #23?

BIRD: .......

KAHN: Larry? Still there? Flynn, #16 and #23 can be yours just for #10 --- whadya say?

BIRD: You just rejected Flynn for 10 but now want the #10 for Flynn AND two additional picks?

KAHN: Three picks are too much; too many point guards available in the late first to tempt me. I'm freaking out. Bledsoe, Torrance. Johnson... I passed out the other day just thinking about drafting Bjelica -- a 6'10" point guard Larry. Do you hear me? SIX-TEN POINT GUARD! I can't handle having this many picks. Too much pressure. Too big.

BIRD: .........

KAHN: So... do we have a deal?

BIRD: I gotta go, I’m going to draft Gordon Hayward.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    If the deal is Flynn/#16/#23 for #10/FOSTER, I have a tough time seeing either team turning that deal down considering the Pacers' recent PG woes.
    FIXED!
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    BIRD: Hey David, it's Larry Bird. Wanted to see if you'd be interested in giving us Flynn for #10.

KAHN: You want us to trade you Jonny Flynn...who we just spent the 6th pick from last year on. You want Flynn for -- and let me see if I've got this right -- for the 10th pick?

BIRD: Just seeing how interested--

KAHN: Are you high? You and McHale smoking Mellencamp under the table again? Just 10 and Flynn? No way.

BIRD: Well, it was worth a shot...

KAHN: Tell ya what I'll do, how about you give me the #10, and I'll give you Flynn, #16 and #23?

BIRD: .......

KAHN: Larry? Still there? Flynn, #16 and #23 can be yours just for #10 --- whadya say?

BIRD: You just rejected Flynn for 10 but now want the #10 for Flynn AND two additional picks?

KAHN: Three picks are too much; too many point guards available in the late first to tempt me. I'm freaking out. Bledsoe, Torrance. Johnson... I passed out the other day just thinking about drafting Bjelica -- a 6'10" point guard Larry. Do you hear me? SIX-TEN POINT GUARD! I can't handle having this many picks. Too much pressure. Too big.

BIRD: .........

KAHN: So... do we have a deal?

BIRD: I gotta go, I’m going to draft Cole Aldrich.
    Fixed.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Default Re: Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick

If it includes Hibbert or Granger I would say no! I would be ok with anything else. I think Hibbert might be involved because it is a no brainer otherwise.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to will567 For This Useful Post:

Would be shocked to see Granger or Big Al as components in this deal. Possible, but unlikely.

Something quite smaller could work, however:

We send:

TJ

For

Flynn
    Gomes

TJ expiring after next year creates room for Rubio to step in next year and be the starter. We also take on 3 years of Gomes' salary (3.9ish).

Minny holds onto #4, takes Johnson, & then the best avail at 10. They keep their Love/Al Jeff trade pieces for another deal to round out their team.

Default Re: Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick

I have a feeling the package will include Rush.

Since the only piece mentioned was the #10, I think its fair to assume that the #10 has the most value...which would probably mean that Granger and Hibbert arent involved
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

I'm not nearly as high on Granger as most on PD seem
    to be. But even I would say that, if by chance (which I highly
    doubt) a deal that includes him is being discussed, Minny's
    #4 pick would have to be coming back in our direction.

Period !

Quote Originally Posted by will567 View Post
    If it includes Hibbert or Granger I would say no! I would be ok with anything else. I think Hibbert might be involved because it is a no brainer otherwise.
    Bird could be holding on to the pick to see who is available on draft day at #10. Im sure if Monroe or Cousins are available, Bird would want to have the pick
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    From what I understand, they turned down 10 for Flynn and we turned down flynn/16/23 for 10/granger.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    There have been absolutely no reports of Granger being involved in any trade talks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    Easy tiger, I am not claiming to report anything. Just my opinion, relax...

The words "from what I understand" generally imply that the speaker has at least partial evidence. An opinion is impossible without at least some basis in fact or conjecture. So you were (implicitly) claiming to report something.

And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Minny and the Pacers seem like terrible trade partners. Nothing makes sense at all beyond sending a PG to us. What are they going to do with a pick? What on earth would they want in return that wouldn't cripple us for years?

I don't get any of this.

Least favorite time of year for me. Most favorite for the last few years has always been the first few weeks of the season.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

If Hibbert is involved at all, i want no part of it.

If it is Rush you absolutely have to do this deal, but no way the Wolves are only demanding Rush in my opinion. If Hibbert is involved it matters who you like at 16 and 23. If Granger is involved you laugh and hang up the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    The words "from what I understand" generally imply that the speaker has at least partial evidence. An opinion is impossible without at least some basis in fact or conjecture. So you were (implicitly) claiming to report something.

If we turned down an offer, it is highly likely that it includes a player that we don't wanna give up. I thought it could be Danny.

If there is any evidence why would you use "from what I understand" in the first place?

Banned

I think that Hibbert, Rush and expirings could be included with the Pacers taking Jefferson back plus Flynn and the two picks.

Hopefully we will know some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    Minny and the Pacers seem like terrible trade partners. Nothing makes sense at all beyond sending a PG to us. What are they going to do with a pick? What on earth would they want in return that wouldn't cripple us for years?

I don't get any of this.

Least favorite time of year for me. Most favorite for the last few years has always been the first few weeks of the season.
    JMO, but MIN has redundant players at the 2 positions that are our greatest needs, PF and PG. If they wanted to move Jefferson/Love or Flynn/Sessions, I hope the Pacers would put a proposal together.

I don't understand why Minnesota would want Hibbert unless they have other moves in the works. My understanding is that both Jefferson and and Love are slow footed.

If we were to get the #4 pick we could easily pick up Aminu. Would you trade Granger for Aminu essentially?

What are the pros and cons of Flynn? His numbers were good for a rook.

I almost don't want to bring anyone talented in this year, especially young and talented since they will be immeasurably ****ed up by JOB's coaching. That's how unexcited I am about the Pacers with JOB as the coach.

Might they have interest in McRoberts?

#10, #40, Rush, and McBob would be in the ballpark, salary-wise.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!